2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Right-Hand Drive '05

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/06, 05:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you look at the underhood photo, they have moved the battery to the left also. Is that supposed to offset the weight of the steering assembly?
Old 2/23/06, 06:25 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boomer @ February 23, 2006, 11:07 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Here comes the 'Parking Brake is on the right side now' posts [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
hahaha
[/b][/quote]

I agree [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/23/06, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ February 23, 2006, 1:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
E-Brake a little to accessible to the mischevious passenger [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Ha Ha, that's exactly what I was thinkin! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/23/06, 07:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I LIKE THE AMBER AND THE CLEAR FRONTS!

Old 2/23/06, 07:09 PM
Cobra Member

So if clear front signals are stock over there, surely there must be a Ford dealer over here who can get them as a Ford part? Saw the other current thread about clear front signals but wasn't sure of the quality of the part.
Old 2/23/06, 07:25 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ford4v429 @ February 23, 2006, 5:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think the turn signal stays on the outside too- that would be weird as heck to try and drive...I'm righthanded, can imagine that 2-3 shift would be really ugly for me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
and bet first time I went to a corner that I turn the wipers on [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

. And with that caroilis effect or whatever, the water spins the other way when they flush the toilets in southern hemisphere...everything seems reversed [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Actually it isnt that hard to drive a stick on the other side. You get used to it real quick. After about 20 minutes or so its like you've been doing it all your life. I was in Australia a couple years ago and rented I think it was called a "Moke" to drive around. It really wasnt that hard to drive the stick. Now the hard part was to stay on the left side of the road. I dont know how many Aussie drivers out there were yelling ^%$#@*(&%#$@ at me for driving in front of them when turning onto a road or even after long straightaways forgetting I was in a new country.

Oh yeah that whole water spinning this just something from the Simpsons. I thought the same thing but the water turns the same as here. I even videotaped it to show my friends back home that I wasnt lying. The problem was finding one of the whirlpools to film. The toilets there dont flush like they do here and the water shoots from the front of the toilet so I had to film the whirlpools from the back of my boat.
Old 2/24/06, 07:09 AM
Cobra Member

Thats pretty cool!
Old 2/24/06, 08:02 AM
Bullitt Member

I was stationed in Japan for 3 years and yes it is strange at first. You could tell the new Americans because when they went to make a turn the windshield wipers came on and when it started to rain the turn signal came on. Turning left can be just dangerous as we as Americans are programed to drive on the "right" side of the road. You have to do everything the opposite way and find yourself following traffic very closely until you get used to it. When you visit the states it's just as strange driving normal again. A Mustang in Japan would make you a celebrity especially with a blonde in the passegner seat...blonde=good luck in Japan.
Old 2/24/06, 08:08 AM

thats gotta be hard to drive, my friend had an old mini cooper from europe shipped over here, it was a stick, probably isnt as hard to switch to since its so tiny in the first place ya know?but i think i'd have alot of problems with driving something like that, looks like a really nicely done conversion tho, is that stock black? or was it repainted? it looks different.
Old 2/24/06, 10:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silverGTvert @ February 23, 2006, 9:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Actually it isnt that hard to drive a stick on the other side. You get used to it real quick. After about 20 minutes or so its like you've been doing it all your life. I was in Australia a couple years ago and rented I think it was called a "Moke" to drive around. It really wasnt that hard to drive the stick. Now the hard part was to stay on the left side of the road. I dont know how many Aussie drivers out there were yelling ^%$#@*(&%#$@ at me for driving in front of them when turning onto a road or even after long straightaways forgetting I was in a new country.
[/b][/quote]

True dat [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] My wife and I spent 2 weeks driving up and down the east coast of Australia (Brisbane to Hervey Bay/Fraser Island, then down to Surfer's Paradise and back to Brisbane)a few years ago. I specifially requested an automatic car because the RHD thing was gonna be awkward enough along with staying on the left side of the road..sheesh. I messed up twice but luckily no one was coming toward me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I always open the door for my wife and kept opening the driver's door [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] Once we got home it was strange to have the turn signals on the left side of the wheel again [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] All in all a very cool experience - great people and awesome sights. They were very curious about America, asking where we were from with "an accent like that" [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] My standard reply was "I'm not the one with the accent!" They always got a laugh from that [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Topnotch @ February 23, 2006, 9:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I LIKE THE AMBER AND THE CLEAR FRONTS!

[/b][/quote]

Ugh - I really dig Euro/export tails (not that clear CRAP) on Mustangs, but whoever designed these really dropped the ball [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] I'd be all over those if they looked like the '99/'01 Cobra tails.
Old 2/24/06, 11:25 AM
V6 Member

- Is there a power seat for the right side?
- The wipers, now wiping the wrong way, would bother me.
- Hood release not moved.
- the passenger keeps your dead pedal. lol.

yes, getting in on the left would be embarrassing.
Old 2/24/06, 03:29 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ford4v429 @ February 23, 2006, 5:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
...thank God our goofy/corrupt government aint that bad that they limit our hobby.
[/b][/quote]
Just wait, eventually there'll be some tree-hugging tax on V-8 gas-powered cars
Old 2/24/06, 03:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
>>- Is there a power seat for the right side?<<

That's exactly what I was thinking...
Old 2/24/06, 04:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HastaLaVista @ February 23, 2006, 9:12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
So if clear front signals are stock over there, surely there must be a Ford dealer over here who can get them as a Ford part? Saw the other current thread about clear front signals but wasn't sure of the quality of the part.
[/b][/quote]I think Kevin is the Man to research this and get us our clear T.S. Lenses

Brad, How do you find this Stuff???
Old 2/24/06, 04:51 PM
FR500 Member

Bring one to the U.S. to make the ricers drool - "Yeah, this is a JDM rhd conversion!"

I used to work at a Saturn dealership (as a lot monkey) and one day someone brought in a rhd wagon for servicing. (Postal Worker, if memory serves) The service advisor said it was an export model. Good thing it was an automatic. It was funny worrying about hitting things with the left side of the car (small lot) and forgetting the shifter was on the left everytime one got into the car. Can't remember if the wiper and turn signal stalks were "switched".
Old 2/24/06, 06:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
I wonder if the driver has to hit the unlock button on the remote twice to unlock his door.
Old 2/24/06, 09:16 PM
V6 Member

haha. and no key hole on that door? good thing there's no fuel door/trunk release.

In one of the pics it looks like they don't switch the turn signal and wiper stalks.

That's a lot of work if you want to change over everything.
I'd probably wreck it anyway at the McDonalds drive-thru.
Old 2/24/06, 09:50 PM
GTR Member

I think the turn signal stays on the outside too- that would be weird as heck to try and drive...I'm righthanded, can imagine that 2-3 shift would be really ugly for me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
and bet first time I went to a corner that I turn the wipers on [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Ive talked to a bunch of guys from australia on another forum- you know in australia you cant change tire sizes from factory offerings? cant change springs/such either...any non standard mods(even bigger brakes) require 'engineers certificate' $$$ or they can impound the car...thank God our goofy/corrupt government aint that bad that they limit our hobby.
[/b][/quote]
hahahahaha, i most definitly agree!
Old 2/24/06, 10:07 PM
GTR Member

i dont like the tails, but those markers kick hiney!