2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Pulled over...hmm well that was interesting...

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/05 | 09:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I used to live on a side street that was fairly hard to get out of. This was back in '93 when I was still driving my black '86 GT. One day traffic was particularly heavy and I saw my chance and lit up the tires getting out. The back end slid out and it took a second to get it straightened out and under control. About that time I saw flashing lights in my rearview mirror and of course he'd seen the whole thing from start to finish.
I was sure I was dead meat. Turns out he lived on the same street and knew how hard it was getting out. He was in the process of buying a dark green LX5.0 and commented on how nice mine looked. I used to wave to him all the time going up and down the street. No, all cops aren't bad. Not even close. I didn't even get a warning ticket.
Old 1/4/05 | 09:15 PM

It,s better the cop is interested in your car than annoying you i had a goof cop following me in 2002 a couple of months after getting my 01 GT.This clown trailed me for 15 minutes on my way to work in rush hour traffic and i was obeying every law, signalling etc but this twit was hoping i was going to make a mistake! This shows me like life in general there are bad people but also good folk too!
Old 1/4/05 | 09:21 PM

Originally posted by adrenalin+January 4, 2005, 2:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adrenalin @ January 4, 2005, 2:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by nh5622@January 4, 2005, 2:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-future9er24
@January 3, 2005, 9:23 PM
at least he didnt make up some phony (or is it ) excuse like speeding to see it up close. he just asked you. i think thats cool

I was pulled over New Year's Eve...I guess technically, New Year's Day and I figured it was to see if I'd been drinking too, so he says he pulled me over for driving with my bright lights on...I said they aren't, those are fog lights, then he tells me it's illegal to have 4 "headlights" at the same level on the front...then I said...two of those are fog lights...then he says it doesn't matter, you can't have 4 lights on the same level. He gave me a warning and told me not to use the fogs again or he'd give me a ticket...

I figure the chances of me running into the same cop again are slim so they're staying on!!!

Anyone else been given any trouble about the 4 lights up front?
hahahaha.... tell him to give you a ticket and that you will see him in court. Do you know how many vehicles on the road currently have 4 head lights at the same level? Must have been a cop that forgot the law. [/b][/quote]
When are you people going to learn. :scratch:
Old 1/4/05 | 09:37 PM
FR500 Member

wow u know the feeling of reliefe id have if he asked me about my car!!?? thats a late xmas gift!!
Old 1/4/05 | 09:44 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by REDFIRESNAKE@January 4, 2005, 10:17 PM
I used to live on a side street that was fairly hard to get out of. This was back in '93 when I was still driving my black '86 GT. One day traffic was particularly heavy and I saw my chance and lit up the tires getting out. The back end slid out and it took a second to get it straightened out and under control. About that time I saw flashing lights in my rearview mirror and of course he'd seen the whole thing from start to finish.
I was sure I was dead meat. Turns out he lived on the same street and knew how hard it was getting out. He was in the process of buying a dark green LX5.0 and commented on how nice mine looked. I used to wave to him all the time going up and down the street. No, all cops aren't bad. Not even close. I didn't even get a warning ticket.
its true not all cops r bad. it really depends on the mood they r in and how much respect u show them. i live in jersey and i was down in long beach island. the speed limit is a strict 35. i got pulled over and i know i wasnt speeding. and when he approached me he said do u know why i pulled u over?? i said hello officer :name on little plate thing: i dont know why i was pulled over. he said i noticed ur inspection sticker was out of date. so i told him yea i got pulled over for this a few days ago and got a warning(which i did) and informed him that the car was going into the repair shop. hes like ohh alright i was just checking. and i reached out the window and shook his hand and told him well hey ur doin ur job. i asked would u like to see my license and registration?? he took them waved them around and said ahh im sure they r all up to date. and hes like well its a beautiful day and we all got things to do and he looked at my bro in the back seat. he was holding potatoes and the cop said to me enjoy dinner. i said thanks and we parted ways and i had a sigh of relief. in conclusion not all cops r bad. they r doin their job and some abuse the power but some dont and we cant judge all cops because of a few bad ones........
Old 1/5/05 | 09:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by nh5622@January 4, 2005, 4:26 PM
Anyone else been given any trouble about the 4 lights up front?
Best bet, check your local/State regs... If there is a reg against it -Don't use 'em... If they don't state anything against it -carry a copy w/ you.
Old 1/5/05 | 09:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Well it's a Known Fact that All Cops Know Where Every Donut Shop is, I guess they just don't know where the Local FORD Dealers are? LOL Cause if they did , not only could they Look at the 05's but they could even Drive One! What a Concept! Instead of Abusing their "Auth-or-i-ti" Delaying or Hassling a Law Obeying Citizen.
Bad Cop! No Donut!
Old 1/5/05 | 11:11 AM

Why does someone always say, "not all cops are bad" Don't you think we already know that and its not the point of the thread.

Why not just report the cop, I do it all the time. The thing I see most of them doing is turning on the cherries to blow through a light then pull into some fast food joint to eat lunch. Biggest hypocrytes in the world.
Old 1/5/05 | 12:07 PM

Originally posted by BamBam@January 5, 2005, 12:14 PM
Why not just report the cop, I do it all the time.
Why should I report him for basically no reason? He didn't give me a hard time, I wasn't in a hurry, and all the guy wanted to do was check out my car...Most of the people in my family are cops so I have an idea on what they have to go through every day, no reason to make em deal with more for reporting them for something stupid.
Old 1/5/05 | 01:20 PM
I Have No Life

Originally posted by REDFIRESNAKE@January 4, 2005, 10:17 PM
..................I didn't even get a warning ticket.
Dude, I hope you got a hair cut since this picture
Old 1/5/05 | 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I have been stopped twice now, not pulled over.

The 1st time a cop pulled up next to me in a parking lot and talked to me about my car. Asking all the basic questions how I like it and how well it really handles.

The 2nd time, I was pulling into the Ferry lane ( I live in washington state) and a state patrolman stopped me to ask about the car. Same basic questions but the funny thing about this time was the day before I just had my windows tinted 20% (which is illegal in Wa) so I didn't roll my window down for fear of messing up the tint. Cop didn't say anything though except for nice ride. lol!
Old 1/5/05 | 04:19 PM
Bullitt Member

also, I have people flashing their brights at me all the time when I have all four lights on, like I am brighting them or something, I just ignore them.

Haven't been pulled over for it though.
Old 1/5/05 | 10:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Dude, I hope you got a hair cut since this picture
hahahaha! Got rid of the long hair in '98 adrenalin! Just wanted to show what I looked like when I got pulled over. I had to cut it when I decided to change jobs. I do miss my long hair. You know, it's funny how people treated me differently after I cut it. I was never into drugs or alcohol but most people thought I was until they got to know me. Just because I had long hair!