2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

performance white

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/05, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White is a great color.

I started out first really wanting the screaming yellow bad, cuz it looked so rad.

Then also like legend lime, windveil blue and black.

But then it was down to windevil blue and white, and when I saw the perf white, i just fell in love with it. It looked so shiny.

So i orderd the white V6 and it should arrive in a couple weeks (according to the dealer) (i live in vancouver, canada, btw)

I'm so thinking of striping it after i get it, either windveil blue, blue or red ....
Old 1/27/05, 01:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice

Post some pics when you get it. I know what you mean...

At first I didn't even consider White an option. I wanted Mineral Grey.

Then, I saw a Mineral Grey in person and it looked kind of brown (to me anyway). Then I wanted Satian Silver but it seems every car on the road is silver now. Somewhere there was a post with a picture of seven 05's in a row all different colors and what stood out the most... white and yellow. The white is so much different when you see it in person and with stripes its awesome. I'm ordering a white one in the next week or two with red interior. I havn't decided on stripe color yet, I guess I'll have plent of time to think about it :bang:
Old 1/27/05, 01:36 PM
Cobra Member

i totalled ( due to other people) 2 white mustangs..and i wanted to get the 05 in white but everyone is scared and told me to no longer speak to them if i do (mother, girlfriend, etc) as not to see me go through another horrible accident

so i am going to break the cycle and get windveil blue

but after that its white baby!
=p
Old 1/27/05, 01:51 PM

I ordered White (actually I ordered 2 from 2 different dealers...we'll see which one gets here first)...I think the other colors offered are too "basic" or "crayola-ish". So I went for the absence of color route. But black/red on interior.

But ya wanna know the real reason I chose white? *geek alert* With tinted windows, from the front they remind me of a stormtrooper! *ducks*
Old 1/27/05, 03:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

My first choice was white with blue stripes, but my better half wanted W.B so thats what we got. I will say the W.B with satin silver G.T. Stripes has received a lot of positive compliments.
Old 1/27/05, 04:15 PM

White was one of my top color of choices, but after owning 3 white cars over the last 12 years thought it was time for a change. White with red leather has got to be one of the sharpest combos I've seen.
Old 9/24/06, 09:32 PM

White 'color' discussion

Actually, both sides of the white 'debate' are correct in a particular context

White, AS IN WHITE LIGHT, is all colors, because light is composed of the additive primary colors: red + blue + green light = white light (in the right balance of course). Black, AS IN BLACK LIGHT, doesn't exist (not to be confused with a "black-light" which emits near-UV light, another story). Your computer monitor uses the primary colors to make white and all other colors -- it uses no-light to make black.

White, AS ON AN OPAQUE OBJECT, absorbs no colors and therefore reflects them all, because opaque objects by definition permit no light through them their color is a function of their color absorbancy and the ambient light. A black opaque object reflects no light (no colors) and is made up of the subtractive secondary colors: cyan, magenta and yellow (in the right balance of course). Your inkjet printer uses the secondary colors to make black and all the other colors -- it uses no-ink to make white (requires white paper ;-). Your inkjet also uses a premixed color-balanced black rather than trying to precisely mix the three secondary colors on the fly -- this is done purely for convenience to eliminate color casts because most printers are not perfectly accurate.

So a white car will actually be the color(s) it is reflecting from it's surroundings at any given instant. It will always LOOK "white" in a realtive sense (your brain 'adjusts' what your eyes actually see) but actually never is truly white -- unless placed in a white (opaque) box and flooded with white light -- generally accepted to be the "color temperature" of sunlight from the noon-day sun on a clear day, +/- 6,500 degrees Kelvin.

A black car would reflect no colors if it was a perfect flat black absorber(super-fine carbonblack is as close as it gets in this world). In actuality, black cars also reflect light in the shiny polished highlights of gloss paint. Light hitting gloss black at exactly 90-degrees will be absorbed but light hitting glossy black paint at any other angle will be reflected to varying degrees proportionate to how far off from 90-degrees it is hitting. Of course, these reflections are a function of the location of the observer's eye, so no black gloss car can ever appear truly black unless it was in the presence of absolutely no light -- in which case you could not even see it!

Summary:
- white light = R+B+G
- black object = C+M+Y
- white object = reflects all light
- black object = reflects no light

Does this help? -- or did I just make it worse?

-Dan
Old 9/25/06, 12:01 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow! A response to a 20 month old thread. You don't see that everyday. Someone's been using the search function.
Old 9/25/06, 11:25 AM

<lol>

yeah, figured I'd come out of my
go back
and see if anyone cared ;-)

....ok,

...I like the blue ones with th white stripes...

<lol>

-Dan
Old 9/26/06, 07:55 PM
V6 Member

WOW! I knew I liked white on the Mustang, but I never knew why before! After that post, I now know why!

I am just hoping that no one ever asks me why I like white.

Dan, I think you have too much free time on your hands! But thanks for the informative explanation!

White is awesome! I actually have had people follow me to where I am going to tell me how great my car looks. Is that crazy or what?
Old 9/26/06, 10:32 PM

You're probably right -- too much time in forums

Yeah, I've always been partial to blue, but I'm really liking white lately. Very classy and cool (especially in the sun <lol>).

I enjoy photography and do some gallery shows, so it helps to know some color theory...

have fun!

-Dan