2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ordered 10/27 and dealer says it ain't close yet

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/05, 01:29 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could be in part because your dealer didn't have the allocation available.
Old 1/13/05, 01:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks robs. That's good to hear folks receiving their cars without DORAs. Glad everything worked out for you! I bet these last couple weeks must be killer.

That's a good point 05mustangbear, Thanks. I did go to a smaller dealership in the area. That probably has to do with it as well.

Nothing to do but live vicariously through you all!
Old 1/13/05, 02:41 PM
FR500 Member

im ordering in a few days and i am gonna tell my dealer that once they give me the DORA then ill give them a deposite
Old 1/13/05, 05:29 PM

well thursday finally came and big surprise...no info i went to my dealer after work and asked them if they knew anything they look up info and tell me my car is still on a material hold, but yet they GUARANTEE my car will be her in February I asked them how you can say that whe i dont even have a build date or anything I went into the whole IUP and mycolor fiasco and he cocked his head and said ...hmm what... so i told him and he said he hasnt heard anything about none of that so then i told them i just went to a big stang show here in florida and they had a bunch of 05 stangs there and i talked with them and how they ordered there car in like Nov. and got their car in Dec. so i asked my dealer what did I do differently than them i ordered back in Oct and have nothing no Dora etc. I told them i was allmost ready to pull my order and go elsewhere but my wife has stopped me. So while i was talking with the Sales manager he has my file in his hand and he is like i see where you ordered in Nov...i was like ummm NO i ordered in OCT and had the paper work to prove it he looks down and was like ummm yeah... so i am betting they didnt put my order in till a month later in the mean time he is telling me they got a GT in today...i told him that shoulda been MY car...and he was saying how that car has the IUP and there must not be that big of a problem and so on...so uninformed .....again sorry to rant just build my hopes of every Thursday just to get let down ....
Old 1/13/05, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow@January 13, 2005, 6:32 PM
well thursday finally came and big surprise...no info i went to my dealer after work and asked them if they knew anything they look up info and tell me my car is still on a material hold, but yet they GUARANTEE my car will be her in February I asked them how you can say that whe i dont even have a build date or anything I went into the whole IUP and mycolor fiasco and he cocked his head and said ...hmm what... so i told him and he said he hasnt heard anything about none of that so then i told them i just went to a big stang show here in florida and they had a bunch of 05 stangs there and i talked with them and how they ordered there car in like Nov. and got their car in Dec. so i asked my dealer what did I do differently than them i ordered back in Oct and have nothing no Dora etc. I told them i was allmost ready to pull my order and go elsewhere but my wife has stopped me. So while i was talking with the Sales manager he has my file in his hand and he is like i see where you ordered in Nov...i was like ummm NO i ordered in OCT and had the paper work to prove it he looks down and was like ummm yeah... so i am betting they didnt put my order in till a month later in the mean time he is telling me they got a GT in today...i told him that shoulda been MY car...and he was saying how that car has the IUP and there must not be that big of a problem and so on...so uninformed .....again sorry to rant just build my hopes of every Thursday just to get let down ....
Sounds like that dealer should get a swift to the ding ding! Why would he not put your order in till a month later? their is no reason for that! :bang: HONESTLY some dealers!
Old 1/13/05, 05:39 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow@January 13, 2005, 6:32 PM
Dude, what's your problem! This dealer sounds like an idiot if what you write is accurate. Get outta there, fast! I found a forum member a Blk GT IUP/ICAP/Bullits/side bags/ 5M TODAY!!! He is picking it up on Saturday and bailing on his "all excuses-no info. dealer". No offense, really, but your complacence is getting the best of you. C'mon people, let's find this guy his car so he can tell the dealer to remove its manlihood from this guys dairy-aire
Old 1/13/05, 05:42 PM
GT Member

BTW: I'm not in the auto industry, don't even have friends in the auto industry. I just find what I need when I need it. I'll find YOUR car for pete's sake! Stay tuned...
Old 1/13/05, 05:56 PM

Originally posted by r22tech+January 13, 2005, 6:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (r22tech @ January 13, 2005, 6:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mustangshadow@January 13, 2005, 6:32 PM
Dude, what's your problem! This dealer sounds like an idiot if what you write is accurate. Get outta there, fast! I found a forum member a Blk GT IUP/ICAP/Bullits/side bags/ 5M TODAY!!! He is picking it up on Saturday and bailing on his "all excuses-no info. dealer". No offense, really, but your complacence is getting the best of you. C'mon people, let's find this guy his car so he can tell the dealer to remove its manlihood from this guys dairy-aire [/b][/quote]
trust me anything would be a big help i wanted to order my car from a bigger dealer like in tampa but i ended up ordering closer so i could see my car come off the truck etc.... i even talked to them about their allocation..my dealer said i think its ok ..i was like uhhh do you even know what allocation means so i began to school him in it. I am just really tired ... I told them this is getting really ridiculous
and at this point if i just even got a freakin Build date i would probably soil myself.
Old 1/13/05, 06:02 PM
GT Member

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ncal...5&start_year=20

couldn't tell the exact specs, but close?
Old 1/13/05, 06:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

A build date? I'd cut off my right arm for a build date.....of course I'd be getting the auto....
Old 1/13/05, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by r22tech@January 13, 2005, 7:05 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ncal...5&start_year=20

couldn't tell the exact specs, but close?
thanx i like how it says fuel type: Gasoline..
Old 1/13/05, 06:16 PM

I found one stang about a 45 min drive from me on Ford direct real close to my order so i called them and talked to them about it told them i had X plan etc...said all was good to go but when me and my wife got there they told me the car WASNT for sale and couldnt understand why i was there when i had allready placed an order i told them the obvious why wait when you have a car close to mine...well they said it wasnt for sale and if it was why would we sell it too you for X plan when we can make 3,000 over MSRP....needless to say we umm walked out and i told them good luck with that..
Old 1/13/05, 07:06 PM

sure hope i get alot of dancing bananas whenever i do get my car LOL i have dreams of them lil guys
Old 1/13/05, 08:00 PM
Bullitt Member

DORA stands for Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement. It is received from Ford on the dealership's printer (assuming they have a computer!) the day after the order is received.

If they do not have a DORA then either A - the order was not submitted or B - their printer ate it.
PERIOD!
No next week or next month, it comes overnight!

They can request a reprint (takes a day) or do a change to the order like changing the priority number from 40 (lowest priority) to 10 (highest priority) and a new DORA comes overnight.
They may not want to give you a DORA because it shows the invoice and assigned priority, but with X-Plan you are entitled to see that.

Your order is going nowhere and you have no confidence with this dealer.
You are the customer spending your money. You will be able to find another dealer that will respect that, and put the fun back into buying your dream-stang!

Go elsewhere!
Old 1/13/05, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mstang@January 13, 2005, 9:03 PM
DORA stands for Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement. It is received from Ford on the dealership's printer (assuming they have a computer!) the day after the order is received.

If they do not have a DORA then either A - the order was not submitted or B - their printer ate it.
PERIOD!
No next week or next month, it comes overnight!

They can request a reprint (takes a day) or do a change to the order like changing the priority number from 40 (lowest priority) to 10 (highest priority) and a new DORA comes overnight.
They may not want to give you a DORA because it shows the invoice and assigned priority, but with X-Plan you are entitled to see that.

Your order is going nowhere and you have no confidence with this dealer.
You are the customer spending your money. You will be able to find another dealer that will respect that, and put the fun back into buying your dream-stang!

Go elsewhere!
:worship: said it perfectly
Old 1/13/05, 08:25 PM

trust me i understand i was pretty upset today i even told them i would change my order and take off the freakin IUP and side air bags to speed it up..they told me it would push me to the back of the line again...i am like line my car isnt even a figment of anyones imagination cept for mine