2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ordered 10/27 and dealer says it ain't close yet

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/05, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Ford tells me it's been built and the ETA was 1/10.

They pushed that back to 1/17 and my dealer told me this afternoon it may be much longer than that.

He says there is an overwhelming number of orders and Ford is getting backed up.

I can wait...but I am starting to get antsy.

I gotta tell you -- if my attention weren't diverted by my recent obsession and pure glee that the NY Mets signed Carlos Beltran....I would be going nuts!

Where's my PONY?
Old 1/12/05, 02:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

I hear ya!
Michael
Old 1/12/05, 03:06 PM

i ordered in Oct also and dont even have a Dora ...i would be happy to hear anything at this point i am praying that tomorrow when i call my dealer he can at least give me some kind of news.....
Old 1/12/05, 04:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow@January 12, 2005, 4:09 PM
i ordered in Oct also and dont even have a Dora ...i would be happy to hear anything at this point i am praying that tomorrow when i call my dealer he can at least give me some kind of news.....
Wow that stinks I got a DORA 1 week after ordering. Your dealer stinks!
Old 1/12/05, 04:06 PM

I ordered on the same day and it came in 2 days before new years, I have now had for about 2 weeks and everything is the way I ordered it.
2005 Black Mustang GT
Premium 5-speed
IUP Shaker1000
Anti-Theft
Old 1/12/05, 04:11 PM
Jackass

Originally posted by mustangshadow@January 12, 2005, 4:09 PM
Wow, October and you still don't have a DORA? Don't even waste your time calling find a new dealer now. Thats horrible man why would you stand for that?
Old 1/12/05, 04:57 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you guys got hooked up with some bad dealers, I ordered in early Nov and got my car in late December.
Old 1/12/05, 05:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by TVstang@January 12, 2005, 3:41 PM

I gotta tell you -- if my attention weren't diverted by my recent obsession and pure glee that the NY Mets signed Carlos Beltran....I would be going nuts!

Well, I certainly understand what your saying. My wait would be better if the Cubs had got him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 1/12/05, 05:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Ranger+January 12, 2005, 6:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ranger @ January 12, 2005, 6:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TVstang@January 12, 2005, 3:41 PM

Well, I certainly understand what your saying. My wait would be better if the Cubs had got him!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/b][/quote]
Cardinals sitting happy that the Cubs and Astros haven't really improved over the offseason.
Old 1/12/05, 05:21 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by TVstang@January 12, 2005, 3:41 PM
Well Ford tells me it's been built and the ETA was 1/10.

They pushed that back to 1/17 and my dealer told me this afternoon it may be much longer than that.

He says there is an overwhelming number of orders and Ford is getting backed up.

I can wait...but I am starting to get antsy.

Where's my PONY?
Hey man, I swear I'm not rubbing it in, but I ordered on 10/19 and I've had my car since Nov.30! WTF: where in the heck is your car!!! I told myself, "if it took till after the new year to get my car, I'm going back to my dealer to re-negotiate the purchase price or I'm walking!" Unless your on some discounted plan, I would go into the dealership and start asking for money off or free service for 3/36 to compensate for the delay and significant inconvenience they have caused you...i.e. trying to sell your existing auto that has now depreciated even more due to the year change and how it will be more difficult for someone to finance the vehicle because it is now X-amount years old...you know, stuff like that. I just don't see any reason, other than dealer slacking, for you to have not received your car, PERIOD! Mine has IUP, Spoiler, so that excuse is lame as far as I'm concerned!!! Go get what you deserve, man....it's your hard-earned money afterall
Old 1/12/05, 05:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

If it is that easy, I'd gladly pay your way here to let my dealer have it!
Old 1/12/05, 05:49 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by jwede@January 12, 2005, 6:29 PM
If it is that easy, I'd gladly pay your way here to let my dealer have it!
When February rolls around...send me a ticket-I'm your man! I'll gladly get your dealer to perform or get you a dealer who will

p.s. I'll bring my buddy Rocco for back-up
Old 1/12/05, 07:49 PM

every time i start getting upset at my dealer they look at me like i am a kid in a toy store and just cant wait for my toy...its just a car to them...but i am like come on i ordered in OCT and i dont have anything no DORA no VIN etc and i tell them of this website and how i have seen alot of ppl order and get there stangs or at least have something they say well that is the internet and that alot of hear say. I am really getting tired i know i am driving my family nuts. I tell my dealer i dont mind waiting its just the fact of not having ANYTHING i tell them about the Dora etc. they tell me i should have my DORA in January I call every week and same deal MATERIAL HOLD i even asked if i took the IUP off and all would that speed it up ..."oh i dunno thats a good question"they say I tell them have you guys ever figured that maybe my car will be on HOLD forever....i have searched all around me for a stang like mine and found one but when you bring up X plan they look at you like you cursed their mom......sorry bout the rant
Old 1/12/05, 08:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

If you drop the IUP in favor of the 18R package, you should get scheduled much quicker. That being said, be patient. Waiting an extra month or even a few to have the "perfect" car of your dreams for the next 5 years or more will be worth it. Yeah you might get your car a little sooner, but if you aren't as happy with it what good is that?
Old 1/12/05, 08:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Hang in there.....
Old 1/12/05, 11:08 PM

Well the dealer gave me the car at straight invoice...no questions asked...so I aint gonna blame him -- it aint his fault anyway

Ford hasn't been any help either -- I called the last two days for an update and their system was down. Two days!
Old 1/12/05, 11:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by holderca1@January 12, 2005, 6:00 PM
I think you guys got hooked up with some bad dealers, I ordered in early Nov and got my car in late December.
I think so to. I ordered 10/29 got her 1/10. Sorry man.
Old 1/13/05, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I think your best bet is finding another dealer...your dealer probably figured it out(a lil to late for you) that it was a no win situation for him to sell you the car at invoice. Also, i had problems getting my DORA from my dealer, i believe it was Karpro that told me you should get it(DORA) the next day when your dealership prints out their previous days orders, they have request the DORAs. My dealer even told me they don't keep their DORAs...but they gave me a dealer conformation paper...low and behold they ordered the wrong color...redfire instead of Torch Red so i called my dealer, they quickly changed it and told me my DORA would be mailed out to me the very next day...i wouldn't wait for that.I went up to the dealer and had them hand me my DORA personally. Your dealer may be doing the same thing to you.Although i don't know why they are telling you to expect your DORA no earlier than January.
I hope i helped and not made your situation worse.
BTW i ordered the same day you did!
Old 1/13/05, 11:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Per my order confirm sheet dealer placed order with Ford 12-2 with a priority 10. Both, dealer and Ford, say no DORA generated yet (I see on the order confirm sheet dlr requested one) and per Ford, they see my order in the system as recvd and it is clean/unscheduled.

Should I be worried (i.e. DORA s/b generated next day and don't have one)? I trust my dealer, I know the owner and salesperson personally and have no reason to suspect foul play.

Hang in there TVstang and to all still waiting!
Old 1/13/05, 12:40 PM
V6 Member

I never got a DORA either. If you trust your dealer and/or have done business with them before, I imagine you'll be okay. But if you question anything I would ask for one. Right when I was about to ask, I got a VIN and everything checked out.

Quick Reply: Ordered 10/27 and dealer says it ain't close yet