2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Order has not been placed?

Search this Thread

Old 11/5/04, 08:42 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone else been told their order hasn't been placed yet? That's what my dealership told me last night...two weeks after I thought the order had been placed. What a bunch of crap.
Old 11/5/04, 08:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Do you mean order hasn't been placed or order hasn't been pulled? The dealer should have placed the order when you agreed on the vehicle specs and pricing. Depending on their allocation, it may take weeks or months to get pulled and assigned a VIN and build date.
Old 11/5/04, 08:58 AM
GT Member

That's the question I've been asking myself. I told my husband he probably meant it hadn't been pulled, but I'm just curious to see if that has actually happened to someone else. I'm waiting to hear back from my salesman to find out where I'm at in line and what their allocation is and if the order was actually placed or not.

I just wish they would have told me all of this upfront instead of making me think my car would be there in 6 weeks when it probably won't be. It's a big let down after getting all excited about it and when you NEED another car.
Old 11/5/04, 09:00 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I placed my order on May 26th and was told to expect my car by the end of September. I found out the dealer did not place my order until Sept 10th so now I will get my car sometime in December. :bang:
Old 11/5/04, 09:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

The copy of your DORA will tell you when it was ordered. You dealer should be able to tell you when it is going to get pulled.
Old 11/5/04, 09:11 AM
GT Member

I don't have a DORA yet. I asked my salesman for a copy 11/3 and he said he'd talk to his manager and get back with me but still no DORA. If they haven't placed my order, that could be why he hasn't been able to give me one.

That stinks adrenalin. I hope you get yours sooner than that!
Old 11/5/04, 10:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am wondering the same thing. I ordered on 10/18 and they gave me the paper that says it has been added to the ORDER BANK but I don't have a DORA yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Karpro, Kevin anybody
Thanks, Michael
Old 11/5/04, 10:57 AM
GT Member

I didn't even get anything saying mine was added to the order bank.
Old 11/5/04, 11:20 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered mine on Wednesday and the salesman faxed me the vehicle order confirmation. Hopefully it won't take too long to get a VIN and build date, I have a priority 10 and he said they get a large allocation.
Old 11/5/04, 11:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by manystangs@November 5, 2004, 11:12 AM
I am wondering the same thing. I ordered on 10/18 and they gave me the paper that says it has been added to the ORDER BANK but I don't have a DORA yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Karpro, Kevin anybody
Thanks, Michael
DORA should print the following morning, ask to get a copy.

Paul
Old 11/5/04, 11:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by GTVroom@November 5, 2004, 12:00 PM
I didn't even get anything saying mine was added to the order bank.
Go in and look at the daily staus report, it will show your order, priority, how many others are ahead of you, etc..

Paul
Old 11/5/04, 11:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Paul much appreciated. So if no DORA yet should I be worried about my order?
Thank you very much for your time
Michael
Old 11/5/04, 11:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by GTVroom@November 5, 2004, 9:45 AM
Has anyone else been told their order hasn't been placed yet? That's what my dealership told me last night...two weeks after I thought the order had been placed. What a bunch of crap.
Yes it happened to me. I ordered on 7/26. Then in Oct after repeated calls to the dealer, they said they have the order in the bank, but Ford won't pull it until they get more allocations. Sounds like what your guy meant.

Don't be afraid to call other dealers if you are not happy there. I did and I found better service. More upfront information.
Old 11/5/04, 01:02 PM
GT Member

Response:
"Amanda,
I just looked at the order form's and you do have one on order,I don't know who said you didn't? Anyway Misty told me you stopped by and if we get one close to what you ordered I will make it a point to call you FIRST,I will make it
top priority.
Thanks"

My email:
"Hi Tom. I talked to the manager last night (went to peek at what you guys have in stock). He said that my order had not been placed yet. Does that mean that it hasn't been pulled by Ford to be built or does that mean it hasn't been entered into the order bank?
Also, can you tell me how many people are ahead of me for orders and what your allotment is for orders?"

Does that look like it answered my questions? Didn't think so. Kinda got a small feeling I'm getting the run around. No direct answers there.

Well, I've decided that I will keep my "order" with them, but in the mean time I'll be looking elsewhere for one that suits me. I'm not gonna waste my time asking the same questions over and over again. I've learned my lesson on that in the past trying to get a fence built, so I'll go somewhere else if I find one.
Old 11/5/04, 02:27 PM
GT Member

I got the same thing from my salesguy. He said ford will not accept the order untill they get more allocation. Thus, I have not yet even recieved a DORA. I am thinking of switching dealers.
Old 11/5/04, 02:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by GTVroom@November 5, 2004, 2:05 PM
Response:
"Amanda,
I just looked at the order form's and you do have one on order,I don't know who said you didn't? Anyway Misty told me you stopped by and if we get one close to what you ordered I will make it a point to call you FIRST,I will make it
top priority.
Thanks"

My email:
"Hi Tom. I talked to the manager last night (went to peek at what you guys have in stock). He said that my order had not been placed yet. Does that mean that it hasn't been pulled by Ford to be built or does that mean it hasn't been entered into the order bank?
Also, can you tell me how many people are ahead of me for orders and what your allotment is for orders?"

Does that look like it answered my questions? Didn't think so. Kinda got a small feeling I'm getting the run around. No direct answers there.
The questions you need to get answered are:

1. How many are ahead of me.

2. What is your current allocation.

3. What week will mine get pulled.

If they can't or won't give you accurate answers, you may want to rethink your choice of dealers.
Old 11/5/04, 02:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Old 11/5/04, 02:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by manystangs@November 5, 2004, 12:38 PM
Thanks Paul much appreciated. So if no DORA yet should I be worried about my order?
Thank you very much for your time
Michael
If the DORA hasn't come either the unit wasn't ordered or the DORA wasn't requested when it was ordered. If you see the status report it will show that the vehicle is in the order bank. It will show as CLEAN/UNSCHEDULED at this point. The can pull up the order in CONCEPS and review the equipment to make sur that it was ordered properly, but as long as it shows on the status report you know it's in there.