2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

OMG I found my car!

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/05, 03:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I read that! That was my thoughts exactly

We'll see if my status changes. If I ordered an 06, wonder when I would have it :scratch:
Old 2/16/05, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 38special@February 12, 2005, 8:24 PM
Buy new. You will regret it if you do not.

I walked into a dealer back in 2000 and wanted to buy a truck, cash. Was ignored and went down the street and bought my truck and was on the road in two hours. If you are wearing jeans and a t-shirt, you get no respect. It is not just a sex thing.
The problem in the car business is that these dealerships hire anybody that walks through the door. Most of the time they are uneducated and idiots. It stinks because we are spending $25-30 grand dealing with someone like that.

I remember before I ordered my GT I had gone by a dealership to look at an "05 V6 just to see the body style in person. At the time I had a 2000 V6 with 69,000 miles on it. It was on a Saturday so I was out of my suit and in some jeans and a shirt. The sales person walked up to me and the 1st thing he said was, I bet I can get you in this "05 Mustang with an even trade. I thought that was so cheesey. I turned around and said. You so fool of poo and should be fired for what you just said. He said I bet I can get it done. You will look real good in this car. I said well I want to go strait to your manager right now to get the keys and I handed him mine. He said well, 1st we need to check out your car for milage, the history of it and bla bla bla. I just dont get it. Why cant these sales people be honest and mature about there job. I haves sales people that work for me so I know the game in a professional nature.
Old 2/16/05, 04:52 PM
Cobra Member

The problem in the car business is that these dealerships hire anybody that walks through the door. Most of the time they are uneducated and idiots. It stinks because we are spending $25-30 grand dealing with someone like that.

I remember before I ordered my GT I had gone by a dealership to look at an "05 V6 just to see the body style in person. At the time I had a 2000 V6 with 69,000 miles on it. It was on a Saturday so I was out of my suit and in some jeans and a shirt. The sales person walked up to me and the 1st thing he said was, I bet I can get you in this "05 Mustang with an even trade. I thought that was so cheesey. I turned around and said. You so fool of poo and should be fired for what you just said. He said I bet I can get it done. You will look real good in this car. I said well I want to go strait to your manager right now to get the keys and I handed him mine. He said well, 1st we need to check out your car for milage, the history of it and bla bla bla. I just dont get it. Why cant these sales people be honest and mature about there job. I haves sales people that work for me so I know the game in a professional nature
When was the last time you dealt with a customer wanting to purchase a new car? As a very knowledgable and professional salesperson, I realize that there are plenty of "sleezy" car salesmen out there, but trust me; there are PLENTY of dishonest buyers out there who are just as "uneducated and idiots". :clown:

If more customers would show loyalty when they find a salesman they like, they wouldn't have to worry about dealing with the morons. Sometimes people worry too much about the price and not enough about the "deal"...