Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

More pics more pics

2007 GT/CS
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoID=8344459
Old 7/1/07, 01:15 PM
Bullitt Member

And kid, don't do what Triflow there just did. That is a ticket magnet.
Old 7/1/07, 04:48 PM

My advice, drive safe on the streets.
Don't be afriad of the car, but respect it and what it can do.
Save the racing for Friday and Saturday night at a REAL drag strip.
Street racing fines and what not aren't worth alittle High School glory.
Drive safe, obey the rules.
It's not a huge deal on the highway to cruise alittle faster.
Just don't do like 90 in a 65, keep it reasonable.
(IE: 10 over at the very most)
Also remember to be a defensive driver.
Idiots are abound.
And don't be surprised if you get pulled over.
Cops will run your plates, see your a young driver, fast car, and
asume things. When you get pulled over, be honest and respectfull.
I'm not much older and for the first, 5 months I had mine, I got pulled
over atleast 5 or 6 times. Not even for speeding, just "Making sure my seatbelt is on". Truth is, they where looking all over the car for anything they could write me up for. I got hasseled by a cop for having my fogs on.
He assumed they where high beams and tried to argue with me, while I was reading from the manual that those are fog lights.

Around detroit I assume cops know the deal on these cars by now, so little crap like that shouldn't be an issue for ya. But keep it safe, and enjoy the car.
Old 7/1/07, 05:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man, if i gotta take all the fuss from ya'll like he is when i get my mustang i'll settle for a V6 with a restrictor plate and automatic
Old 7/3/07, 11:52 AM

OK, how do you like it?
Old 7/3/07, 02:05 PM
Bullitt Member

thats about how old i was when i got mine. enjoy. if you drive within some sort of reason you'll be just fine.
Old 7/3/07, 02:16 PM
GT Member

Okay. I have to throw my 2 cents (or 10) in here before this thread gets locked down.

First, I'm jealous. I am still a few years out on my new GT and I'm 28. But hey...I shouldn't have bought the Durango then should I?

Second, I'm scared. Honestly, really, truly, honestly: NOBODY should have that much power as their first car. Can accidents happen in any car? YES. But they are WAY more likely with a car like this. I don't care how responsible someone is....it takes YEARS to become a decent much less good driver and to learn to handle the 300+ HP.

Third, its not my life its Mustangkid91's and his parents choice and I respect that.

Fourth, I am sure you are good and sick and tired of getting advice-but here is more: DO NOT get this car in an accident or get tickets. Aside from obvious safety issues, tickets stay on your record for 3 years in most states and accidents can be held against you for much longer by insurers. I'm 28, no tickets in 6 years, married, Good Driver Discount, 4.0 GPA from college, V-6 Mustang and I'm paying $110 a month. I quoted new GT's. Its $225 a month here in Northern California. How much with 1 point? Nearly double. I don't think you want to be 21, in college, working and having to pay all that money in insurance.

Just remember what my dad told me once: Drive Like Real Man: be safe, drive with respect, and be proud of what you drive no matter what it is and other drivers and law enforcement will return the same in kind.
Old 7/3/07, 02:42 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by boduke0220
man, if i gotta take all the fuss from ya'll like he is when i get my mustang i'll settle for a V6 with a restrictor plate and automatic
Or you could also get a 2.3L! You floor it, and like nothing happens!
Old 7/3/07, 02:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
That's for sure. My brother had a 4 banger '78 Mustang II Notchback once. It was SCARY trying to make left turns across busy streets.
Old 7/3/07, 03:05 PM
Bullitt Member

When I was car shopping back in 93 the dealer took me back and showed me a 4cyl Mustang. He was talking up how it was loaded and all, and I just asked, "Who drives a 4 banger Mustang?" He goes, "My girfriend does". Me: "Exactly".
Old 7/4/07, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Audioi
OK, how do you like it?
Still no response. You dont suppose he got it and has been driving it every sense do you??????
Old 7/4/07, 01:00 PM
GT Member

Still no response. You dont suppose he got it and has been driving it every sense do you??????
lol sorry i accually just got in from driving it haha.... took one of my teachers for a ride in it lol and he loved it... and i made sure i showed him a little of what it has.... but ya i love the car i get alot of dirty looks from people because im a young driver with a way nicer car then them but i also get many compliments on it....
Old 7/4/07, 01:01 PM
GT Member

and now im goin to drive it again
Old 7/4/07, 02:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
yours is awesome though! when i said i was getting a mach 1 i thought all the old guys were going to kill me! you dont have to worry about that! and i almost went to mental therapy over that
Old 7/5/07, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by MustangKid91
lol sorry i accually just got in from driving it haha.... took one of my teachers for a ride in it lol and he loved it... and i made sure i showed him a little of what it has.... but ya i love the car i get alot of dirty looks from people because im a young driver with a way nicer car then them but i also get many compliments on it....
Great looking car. Bet your teach was thinking "I wish he would let me drive it"

Enjoy and watch for wet roads, it could be a thrill!!

Remember we are all kids inside.
Mike
Old 7/5/07, 11:36 AM
GT Member

Great looking car. Bet your teach was thinking "I wish he would let me drive it"

Enjoy and watch for wet roads, it could be a thrill!!

Remember we are all kids inside.
Mike
lol ya tonight i hit a wet spot pulling out of this kids driveway and kinda spun out but i got it into control
Old 7/5/07, 04:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

"Do you hear that sound? That is the sound of your destiny, Mr. Anderson"
Old 7/5/07, 08:28 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mach

"Do you hear that sound? That is the sound of your destiny, Mr. Anderson"
Seriously. Instead of guessing the month's sale's total. It should be when he gets the first dent in the car. Hopefully nothing serious but sign's are sure pointing to something happening.
Old 7/5/07, 09:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I hate to be a naysayer, but it's probably only a matter of time. The statistics say so, and they don't lie.

But of course I hope MustangKid91 beats the odds and doesn't let the ponies get away.

I sold an '87 Mustang GT when I bought my '95 GT, and the first person who called up, amazingly, was the mother of a 15 year old boy who didn't even have his license yet. She asked me if I thought this would be a good first car for him! My response was simply that she probably knows him better than anyone, and it wasn't my place to say if it was a good choice or not. I only said that he could get in an accident if he drove irresponsibly in a Volkswagen Beetle, but he could get in an accident a lot quicker in the Mustang. A day or so later, the kid came with his father to check out the car, and they ended up buying it. I had to drive it to his house, about an hour away, and the day before doing the deal, I was just tossing the whole idea of this over and over in my head, thinking how guilty I would feel if I ever learned that something bad happened to this kid with my old car. My wife just told me I couldn't hold myself responsible, and that I wasn't facilitating anything - if I refused to sell him the car, he'd just go find another one. She said I should just take his money since it's as green as anyone else's, and forget about the car the second I drove away. Unfortunately, it's been almost 10 years and I still wonder if anything ever happened to that kid...

BTW, the ponies did get away from me when I was 18... and I had two years of driving experience. I had a couple of 4-cylinder Opels passed down from my parents, and when I was 18 I bought a 1974 Camaro Z28, 350 cubic inch V8 and 4-speed manual tranny. Less than a month later I totalled that car, and was LUCKY to escape unharmed, with my passenger. I thought I was a great driver, but found out that the brakes didn't quite work as well at over 100 mph as I thought they would.

Quick Reply: New Mustang :)