2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New Mustang :)

Search this Thread

Old 6/25/07, 08:53 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by procopius
Did ya get the car?!

My stripe install took maybe an hour or so at the dealer. It was a pain though because I had to make separate appointments for the stripes, tint, and heated seat install.
no i was ****ed it was suppost to come in today... but they said they are just going to keep it for 24 hours and do everything to it... except then i have to take it in friday and get tint done
Old 6/26/07, 04:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel it's getting close...

Old 6/26/07, 07:53 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Chris728
I dont think its fair saying teenagers cant drive. Im turning 18 soon and been driving for almost 2 years with no tickets or accidents. Its all about whether your mature enough to operate a vehicle. Its not like you turn 20 and suddenly your a good driver
While blanket statement like "teenagers cant drive" seem unfair to you, statistically speaking, teenagers are the group with the highest rate of accidents. And while generalization always miss the exception to the rule, compared to the 35-45 year old demographic its a true statement.

And you're right: its not like you turn 20 and are *suddenly* a good driver. You turn 20 and are a better drive... because of 4 years of experience. Then you turn 24 and are an even better driver (hopefully) because you have MORE experience. And so forth & so on.
Old 6/26/07, 10:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

so I guess the fact that the #1 cause of death for teenagers is car accidents is just too low? Gotta add a mustang GT to the equation?
Old 6/26/07, 10:26 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jedikd
so I guess the fact that the #1 cause of death for teenagers is car accidents is just too low? Gotta add a mustang GT to the equation?
According to this site, motor vehicle traffic is the #1 cause of death for toddlers all the way up to 29 year olds.

http://www.statisticstop10.com/Cause...ng_Adults.html

I guess they should raise the age to start driving to 30 then..?
Old 6/26/07, 11:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jedikd
dumbist thing i have seen someone post here yet..... if i am mature and dont race and make good decisions about driving it then i will have no worries.......knock on wood
Old 6/27/07, 05:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Roley,

While I can't speak for all the forum members, i believe it would be safe to say that we just don't want you to be involved in an accident right out of the gate. Honestly, with all my experience driving, having a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) for 23 years, and an accident free record since those pics of my white 72 Mach were taken (my first post in this thread), I still have to focus ALL of my skills and attention to CONTROL my Pony when I do drive. It's that kind of car. I feel, as do some other forum members, that a GT will be difficult, if not impossible, to LEARN to drive as a first car, without having problems (read accident).

It makes us ill to see ANYONE crash a pony, and we feel worse when we think that we sat back and did not at least try to let you benefit from our life experiences.

Here is one last rule I have always gone by and still believe in: I never drive over 100 mph when anybody is in the car with me. I figure if I crash going faster, then it is my own life I will jepordize, not my friends...

Drive with care my brother...
Old 6/27/07, 05:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MustangKid91
dumbist thing i have seen someone post here yet..... if i am mature and dont race and make good decisions about driving it then i will have no worries.......knock on wood
Sorry but the dumbest thing we have heard on here is a 16 year old kid getting a mustang GT. For all you youngin's on here that dont agree you will when you get about 10 years on ya and some sack hair and understand when you are young you think you know it all. Then you do alot of dumb tings which hopefully dont kill you and get older and realize you were an idiot when you were a teenager just like ALL of us were at times and you will give the next generation the advise we give you. Dont heed it if you dont want to. Its your life not ours.
Old 6/27/07, 07:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MustangKid91

Well I don't usually post on threads of this nature. I have 3 kids 24, 21 and 16. I won't even let them just take my car for a drive. They are not even insured to drive it. Your very first post gave the indication that you were interested in finding out which cars you could outrun. So unfortunately you set the thoughts yourself in people minds that you were going to street race this car. You also indicated by your joke that you yourself wondered what your mom was thinking buying you this car. I think the quote was "She still thinks I am a good kid". So show us you are more mature than most 16 year olds, take the statements on here as there are meant, even if they are not what you want to hear most will be in the right spirit. Be safe and enjoy the car.
Old 6/27/07, 07:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Roley,

Where are you located? What part of the country?
Old 6/27/07, 08:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Has this thread run it's course?

Just my $0.02, but Roley has sat through 86 posts, mostly of folks telling him what to do before he got only mildly annoyed. When I was 16, I probably would've been annoyed way before that and he seems like a pretty mature and honest guy. Anyway, I think this thread got off topic on page one. Just my vote for a
Old 6/27/07, 08:52 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by boduke0220
dang your lucky man,im 16 and i got a 2000 F150 5.4 still a nice truck but yall know what i really want!...i get that when im around 17-ish
Same here brother. I'm 17 and my truck is an 01' F150 with the 5.4. I wish I was in the same position with you and getting a Mustang but right now I can't afford that yet with the gas and insurance. I put $50 in gas the other day and only got 3/4 full tank
Old 6/27/07, 11:58 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pebkac
Roley,

Where are you located? What part of the country?
Im in MI, i live in port huron its on lake huron about an hour away from detroit
Old 6/27/07, 11:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So where is new Pony?
Old 6/27/07, 12:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
So where is new Pony?
stillnothere they said at the latest it would be in yesterday still not here today....and my step dad is in cali intill saturday so i wont be drivin it untill then
Old 6/27/07, 12:32 PM
GT Member

Old 6/27/07, 12:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Good luck with the new car. THere is no way my children will have one when they start driving. I'll let them drive mine a few times here and there. But they can wait till they buy themselves one. You are lucky. But to take one from spiderman, with great power comes great responsibility. Remember this. let us know how it goes.
Old 6/27/07, 07:38 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by WB05stang
lol
Old 6/28/07, 09:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Cheese302
Good luck with the new car. THere is no way my children will have one when they start driving. I'll let them drive mine a few times here and there. But they can wait till they buy themselves one. You are lucky. But to take one from spiderman, with great power comes great responsibility. Remember this. let us know how it goes.

Last summer, at age 39, I fish-tailed my new GT on a dry and luckily empty road at the end of my block on the second morning I had the car. I easily controlled the skid, but thought "thank god there was no one coming" and "man I would have killed myself if I had this at age 20 when I was younger and stupider".
There were five rental Mustang GT's that were totalled in three months last year from Budget Rental Car.
So far this year in B.C. we have had three graduating highschoolers killed in MVA'a...two cars and one bike all BRAND NEW.
Cars like these are powerfull and need to be respected.
Happy Grad, be careful.
Old 6/28/07, 11:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mach
First: A word of wisdom my father gave me when I turned 17...

If you have a ugly fast car, you have to drive fast to show off.
If you have a nice fast car, you have to drive slow to let every see it...

These pics where taken I was 17...

The day I got it, oops #1, oops #2...

oops #2 was my last accident... I am now 44...

Drive with care my brother...
Those rims are pimpin vintage 1970 pieces! I hear they sell for good cash nowadays. Got a friend with an original owner 69 Mach 1 sporting the same rims. Coooool.....

Quick Reply: New Mustang :)