2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New Mustang :)

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/07, 02:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangKid91
well its going to be a lease. So will i be able to put the stocks back on no problem?
yea i just read it was a lease on a different thread. id steer away from the cutoffs since u have the return it with original parts.

but yes, putting the stocks back on will be just as easy as it was putting the aftermarket ones on. it prob wont be as clean since the car will have some miles on it and u may have a little but of trouble with rust issuse with the brackets but it will most likely add up to 20 more minutes of work a few years down the road.

i bought my flowmasters before i ever stepped into a dealership! i couldnt stand the quiteness of the stock ones. the axlebacks are an easy and cheap mod that is extremely satisfying.
Old 6/3/07, 02:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congratulations! Very sweet car for a 16 year old and I am jealous. I would suggest that your parents pop for a high performance driving class at a local roadcourse. In the end it will pay off big time.
Old 6/3/07, 04:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dang your lucky man,im 16 and i got a 2000 F150 5.4 still a nice truck but yall know what i really want!...i get that when im around 17-ish
Old 6/3/07, 04:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Old 6/3/07, 04:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I thought I was young at 19 owning a GT. Well I must say after being in an accident myself(not in the Mustang) I'll give my two cents seeing as we're about the same age.

I've had a Explorer Sports Trac, and Pontiac G6 Gt, and I did alot of stupid things in those cars. Luckly never hurt or killed anyone but thats to say the least. I've since then learned my lessons the hard way getting into an accident in my G6 trying to take a turn to fast and ending up smashing into a curb(doing $3500 in damage) but nearly missing some palm trees. No cops were called since no one else was involved so I just delt with the insurance. Either way, trust me you'll pay for your mistakes. 3yrs of premiums. Im glad no one was hurt and like I said I learned my lesson the hard way. You'll hear it time and time again, drive responsible.

And anyways the lamest thing is trying to show off and then wrecking. Least thats how I see it.

TIP: Get your windows tinted and always drive with them up. Haha no one will know its a 16yr old behind the wheel and wont tempt you.

I have this Mustang GT and my friend has his 350Z and we both drive like we're supposed.

Anyways, welcome to the boards, enjoy the car(most important), and feel free to ask questions!
Old 6/3/07, 05:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ

yea, i keep checking up on this thread too just to see the other "just be careful" posts. good times are to be had by all
Old 6/3/07, 06:29 PM
Bullitt Member

well its going to be a lease. So will i be able to put the stocks back on no problem?

Oh good Lord....a lease. Your mom is crazy.
Old 6/3/07, 07:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

hahaha yeah, I thought I was young getting a GT at 18. But dang...16!!
Are you going to be on that MTV show, Super Sweet 16? haha just kidding.

The stock exhaust sounds great, I'd get FRPP Stingers if I were you. I love mine.

Stay safe for sure. My first car was a 95 Acura Legend and I'm pretty glad I learned how to drive in that car first. It got some knicks and dings cuz of me.

YOU ARE ONE LUCKY KID.
Old 6/3/07, 09:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by n00bstang

hahaha yeah, I thought I was young getting a GT at 18. But dang...16!!
Are you going to be on that MTV show, Super Sweet 16? haha just kidding.

The stock exhaust sounds great, I'd get FRPP Stingers if I were you. I love mine.

Stay safe for sure. My first car was a 95 Acura Legend and I'm pretty glad I learned how to drive in that car first. It got some knicks and dings cuz of me.

YOU ARE ONE LUCKY KID.
ya i know everyone is telling me i am one lucky kid, and no i didnt have MTV come but i did have a huge *** party when my parents were in florida. Thats what eventually was the reason i got the mustang, because there isnt a back seat and not alot of room for my friends since i was suppos to get a daytona charger. Non the less im even more happy im getting a mustang i have always wanted one but i dont know if mine is going to be 07 or 08. We placed the order April 20th, in time for 07 but we got a call saying it wont start production intill June 18th so there is a big question mark above my head.

Also about the FRPP stingers, where can i purchase them at and will i be able to install them and be able to take them off at the end of my lease with no problems?
Old 6/3/07, 09:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Mustangkid,

Welcome to TMS. I'm echoing what everyone else has said, but BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!! I've worked a lot of wrecks in my time and I'm only 33. Most of the bad ones were young kids not using their heads. There are two types of people - those that have had wrecks, and those who are going to. They say the only things in life that are guaranteed are death and taxes. Well, add a wreck or two to that. Death, taxes, and car wrecks. Statistics show you will have your first wreck in your first year of driving. Try to manipulate those stats by keeping it between the lines.

Post some pics soon and remember what we are saying. Good luck.
Old 6/4/07, 06:39 AM
Cobra Member

All I can say is drive responsibly and God Bless.
Old 6/4/07, 11:12 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by slipnotovk
all i gotta say is LUCKY and be careful. my frist car was a 185 chevy caprice and i totaled that bad boy. she had a fresh new paint job, flawless body and i made a stupid move and tried to beat a yellow left turn and BAM, someone hit on oncoming and i spun 180. after that im cautious of everyone.

maybe getting into that accident was a good thing because i did make me a better driver. also glad my parents didnt buy me a brand new car like all the other kids in my spolied kid catholic highschool. i actually did have the oldest car in the school (did a speech about it and it was proven).

just keep the racing on the track since ur so new to driving. let everyone check out your new wheels going the speed limit. plus if u fly by the girls and they dont even have time to say hi, whats the point of owning a GT at 16?!?!?!

anyways, congrats on the new teen pu$$y magnet and have fun

where exactly is this magnet you speak of located on the car?
Old 6/4/07, 02:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by officespace56
where exactly is this magnet you speak of located on the car?
i custom mounted mine underneath my drivers seat. so whenever a member of the opposite sex gets in the car, the magnet activates and does it work.
Old 6/4/07, 02:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Also about the FRPP stingers, where can i purchase them at and will i be able to install them and be able to take them off at the end of my lease with no problems?
any axlebacks have pretty much the same installation. no welding involved, just clamps. so whichever way they are put in (bracket-wise) can be taken off with no problem.
Old 6/4/07, 02:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

you can order the FRPP Stingers from a site like ninosport.com
but I picked mine up used right here on TMS. It's a great deal, cuz some people can't stand the drone, so their loss my gain

and if you're not sure what drone is, it's basically a humming sound. I was kinda worried about it at first, but now that I have em, I think it's great. It's really no big deal and I get quite a bit of compliments from the sound.
Old 6/4/07, 04:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

yea ive actually been complimented on the so called "drone". i never understood why people say bad things about it. to me its what makes a mustang sound like it should, a real american icon. loud and in charge!

but i guess to each his own
Old 6/4/07, 05:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Dang, I'm jealous. I had to wait till I was 33 to get a fast car. And really, I'm glad, because I remember what I drove like at 16. Just don't kill yourself or anybody else and you'll come out all right.
Old 6/4/07, 05:20 PM
GT Member

ya i finnally got my liscence today and intill my stang gets delivered my mom gave me her denali and i drove that around alot today..... but i went to the beach and let me tell ya ill be mad if i get sand in my new car lol... but if i had my mustang it would have been alot different day
Old 6/4/07, 05:25 PM
GT Member

I waited about 8 weeks for mine.

Your folks are nuts to get you this much power at such a young age. The insurance is going to be off the hook!!! But then again, I bet you aren't paying for that either.........

My first car was a used & abused 6 cyl. Firebird. Had to pay for it myself and pay my insurance and gas also... no free ride here.

You should feel very lucky your parents trust you this much!!
Old 6/4/07, 06:22 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Yes, welcome to the sight, and congratulations on the Mustang purchase. As I always say, anyone with a Mustang is plus one in my book. But I believe I speak for all of us here, please be careful. Personally, I don't want to see another "my accident" thread.

Quick Reply: New Mustang :)