2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New Mustang :)

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/07, 08:38 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL.. Thank you to everyone that has given me advice and after reading all these posts i do promise not to race and no my mom is not single lol but i will be sure to post pictures of her with my new car ahha.

Something to wake up to today was the guy from the ford dealer ship calling me and telling me somehow the form for my car to be built came off the building list. So now instead of me having my car... 6-8 weaks which would have been this week i wont get it for another month. I am so bumbed and now my mom gave me her denali to drive around in for the next month. Its a big difference and it sucks.

For everyone who was wondering what upgrades i put in i will be sure to right a list of them later on today.
Old 6/3/07, 08:40 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jeffgall
Just one question, Auto or Manual?
and its going to be auto. I wanted to go manual just for the fun of it but my mom and step dad sugested auto.
Old 6/3/07, 08:54 AM
Cobra Member

We Are The Same! ;)

well...except that you are buying your mustang at 16 and i bought mine at age 36!! dang! im an old fart!

congrats!!
Old 6/3/07, 08:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mustang kid, you a lucky guy. Wear your seat belt at all times (saved my life once) and get some good pictures of it after you crank it off a curb or tree. Sorry, but this sounds like it is just a matter of time.
Old 6/3/07, 09:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
now go do some thing nice for your Mom. Mop the kitchen floor or some thing
Old 6/3/07, 09:33 AM

Congrats, enjoy it and be careful out there.
Old 6/3/07, 09:37 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This thread will be one to watch ladies and gentlemen .............. pass the popcorn please.
Watching with baited breath.

Originally Posted by MustangKid91
...no my mom is not single lol but i will be sure to post pictures of her with my new car ahha.

Since you are new here, let me give you some advice. Don't post pix of your mom. With these guys, I guarantee you will regret it
Old 6/3/07, 09:38 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
now go do some thing nice for your Mom. Mop the kitchen floor or some thing
ya maybe if she bought me a shelby or something, ya im just kidding she knows i am very appreciative
Old 6/3/07, 09:39 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Watching with baited breath.

Since you are new here, let me give you some advice. Don't post pix of your mom. With these guys, I guarantee you will regret it
Well she likes the attention, and she will be with my car so thats the only reason i will
Old 6/3/07, 10:55 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
This thread will be one to watch ladies and gentlemen .............. pass the popcorn please.
thats why I read this one everyday
Old 6/3/07, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Hmmm....I'm going to try very hard to put this nicely.

You are very lucky to have such a gift given to you at 16 years of age...I hope you REALLY understand this and don't take it for granted. Personnally I don't think your mom is doing you any favors considering your statements in regards to speed and your age.

Unless you are Paris Hilton life is not so easy so enjoy (SAFETLY) your new ride. And truth be told look at her life....a joke.

I'll say this, I wonder if a large portion of the last 2 generations know what it means to earn things through self control and work ethic.? I'm afraid that the importance of working for what you have is slowly being lost in the I want it and get it now world.

Wow, I sound like the crusty old man I used to cripe about when I was younger...oh well.
Old 6/3/07, 11:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by backafter20
Congrats. You are very lucky indeed. Not trying to be a killjoy, but a 16 year old should be concentrating on basic driving skills, mostly staying on the road, not hitting other things, learning the laws of traffic and courtesy, etc. NOT wondering who is fastest! Performance driving without experience is asking for it. I've been there. I can't imagine how I lived to be 20. I hope you make it as well. BTW, have you checked insurance rates? Ask what happens to them after one small accident.

Oh, welcome to the site! This is a great place to learn all you can. Have fun, and I'll try not to be so negative.

or a ticket...
Old 6/3/07, 12:19 PM
GT Member

Don't worry man everyone is just trying to scare you, if I can do it you can, my crazy dad got me a GT for my 16th too and im 17 almost 18 and so far so good dont want to say anything more because I don't want to jynx anything so good luck and yeah the pressure of friends is the worst so dont let them get to you.
Old 6/3/07, 12:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

My first car was a pre-abused '79 Honda Civic - lol. My parents bought it for about 1K. Put a blower it it and it's all good

Must be nice to have rich parents.
Old 6/3/07, 12:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

All in one sentence. Well spoken, Luckydog.
Old 6/3/07, 01:27 PM
GT Member

Can u just add a small part to the exhaust to improve the sound?
Old 6/3/07, 02:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

all i gotta say is LUCKY and be careful. my frist car was a 185 chevy caprice and i totaled that bad boy. she had a fresh new paint job, flawless body and i made a stupid move and tried to beat a yellow left turn and BAM, someone hit on oncoming and i spun 180. after that im cautious of everyone.

maybe getting into that accident was a good thing because i did make me a better driver. also glad my parents didnt buy me a brand new car like all the other kids in my spolied kid catholic highschool. i actually did have the oldest car in the school (did a speech about it and it was proven).

just keep the racing on the track since ur so new to driving. let everyone check out your new wheels going the speed limit. plus if u fly by the girls and they dont even have time to say hi, whats the point of owning a GT at 16?!?!?!

anyways, congrats on the new teen pu$$y magnet and have fun
Old 6/3/07, 02:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

yes, you want FRPP stingers!
Old 6/3/07, 02:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MustangKid91
Can u just add a small part to the exhaust to improve the sound?
easiest way to imporve sound is to get some axlebacks. you can install them in under 2 hours and there is no custom work to be done. just jack it up, unbolt some bolts, take off the stock mufflers and replace them with some aftermarket. i personally have a set of flowmasters which in my opinion sound backass. but there are many different brands out there. just use that helpful serach feature and ull find tons of audio and video clips of all different exhausts.

if you want to keep the stock mufflers for some unknown reason u could always just get some exhaust cutoffs and 2 remotes to open them up. that way at the push of a button ud be running just straight pipes (well straight pipes if ur cat-less but they will be loud none-the-less)
Old 6/3/07, 02:12 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by slipnotovk
easiest way to imporve sound is to get some axlebacks. you can install them in under 2 hours and there is no custom work to be done. just jack it up, unbolt some bolts, take off the stock mufflers and replace them with some aftermarket. i personally have a set of flowmasters which in my opinion sound backass. but there are many different brands out there. just use that helpful serach feature and ull find tons of audio and video clips of all different exhausts.

if you want to keep the stock mufflers for some unknown reason u could always just get some exhaust cutoffs and 2 remotes to open them up. that way at the push of a button ud be running just straight pipes (well straight pipes if ur cat-less but they will be loud none-the-less)
well its going to be a lease. So will i be able to put the stocks back on no problem?

Quick Reply: New Mustang :)