2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New Mustang :)

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/07, 08:01 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mustang :)

Ok first off i just turned 16, and about 5 weeks ago placed the order for my 2007 GT premium mustang. This will be my first car, and yes I know my mom is crazy for buying it for me, but she still thinks im a good kid . I got alot of upgrades, thats why it had to be built custom. Beng a v8 can i expect to be able to beat most cars on the road. Keep in mind i know what is faster (new corvette and vipers), but cars such as firebird, Grand Prix supercharge etc. If anyone from MI is on here that lives close to port huron. If ya see a Blue Mustang with White shelby stripes dont be afraid to say hi.
Old 6/2/07, 08:25 PM
GT Member

Interesting...
Old 6/2/07, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

First, congrats on the new car, you will love it. Second, a 16 year old doesn't need to be out on the roads trying to show how fast his car is - so drive responsibly. These cars are powerful enough to get you in trouble in a hurry.
Old 6/2/07, 08:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats. You are very lucky indeed. Not trying to be a killjoy, but a 16 year old should be concentrating on basic driving skills, mostly staying on the road, not hitting other things, learning the laws of traffic and courtesy, etc. NOT wondering who is fastest! Performance driving without experience is asking for it. I've been there. I can't imagine how I lived to be 20. I hope you make it as well. BTW, have you checked insurance rates? Ask what happens to them after one small accident.

Oh, welcome to the site! This is a great place to learn all you can. Have fun, and I'll try not to be so negative.
Old 6/2/07, 08:47 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Congrats on the stang! And let me just say, you are VERY lucky! Good luck!
Old 6/2/07, 09:21 PM
GT Member

Congrats...what are the custom goodies?

Originally Posted by backafter20
Congrats. You are very lucky indeed. Not trying to be a killjoy, but a 16 year old should be concentrating on basic driving skills, mostly staying on the road, not hitting other things, learning the laws of traffic and courtesy, etc. NOT wondering who is fastest! Performance driving without experience is asking for it. I've been there. I can't imagine how I lived to be 20. I hope you make it as well. BTW, have you checked insurance rates? Ask what happens to them after one small accident.

Oh, welcome to the site! This is a great place to learn all you can. Have fun, and I'll try not to be so negative.
x2
Old 6/2/07, 09:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

is your mom single?
Old 6/2/07, 09:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by rocket88
is your mom single?
Old 6/2/07, 10:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 6/2/07, 11:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First: A word of wisdom my father gave me when I turned 17...

If you have a ugly fast car, you have to drive fast to show off.
If you have a nice fast car, you have to drive slow to let every see it...

These pics where taken I was 17...

The day I got it, oops #1, oops #2...

oops #2 was my last accident... I am now 44...

Drive with care my brother...
Attached Thumbnails New Mustang :)-machs-dream.jpg   New Mustang :)-damnit-.jpg   New Mustang :)-damn-damn-damn-.jpg  
Old 6/3/07, 12:00 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This thread will be one to watch ladies and gentlemen .............. pass the popcorn please.
Old 6/3/07, 12:36 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MustangKid91
Beng a v8 can i expect to be able to beat most cars on the road. Keep in mind i know what is faster (new corvette and vipers), but cars such as firebird, Grand Prix supercharge etc.
MustangKid: Just say no to racing on the streets,keep it to the track! A GT is a heck of a lot of car,and even more when your a 16 year old...please please please promise us that you will not show off for your friends (or girls..no matter how hot they are..) even if you feel preasured into racing someone....personally i would get a V6 and save the rest for college...
Old 6/3/07, 02:09 AM
JGT
V6 Member

No offense, but your mom is either really ignorant or she wants you dead, and doesn't mind it if you take out a few other people in the process of killing yourself.

It might sound harsh, but it's the truth. No sane parent is going to give their 16 year old a Mustang GT, even if he's a "good kid". Shame on her.
Old 6/3/07, 02:41 AM
Bullitt Member

hey bro, i am 19 almost 20. i got my mustang gt when i was 17. i have treated that car like its my child. lol. not a scratch on her since it was purchased. "knock on wood". just please man, take good care of it and dont street race. there will always be someone bigger and badder than you. but enjoy the car.
Old 6/3/07, 04:27 AM
Cobra Member

First of all, congratulations on the car and welcome to TMS! I'm sure your mom is neither crazy, nor does she want you dead (there are cheaper ways to do that than buying your kid a powerful car).

Most of the good advice you need when you purchase your first car has already been given here, so I'll add my $0.02: remember that there will always be a faster car than yours on the road and a better driver than you around. There's no need to prove how fast your car is, everybody knows that already. In the wise words of Will Smith, please drive yours "two miles an hour, so everybody sees you". At 16 you want to get girls, not prosthetic limbs!

Stay safe and have fun!
Old 6/3/07, 06:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
congrats
save the racing for the track
it takes more cool to go the speed limit and drive safely than to drive how your friends want you too.
zero to 60 in 4.9
baby steps man baby steps
post some pics of your new car with the person thats buying it for you
Old 6/3/07, 07:35 AM
V6 Member

I Had my one and only major accident 3 months after i got my licence, learnt the hard way i was not invincible or the greatest driver out there.Same thing happened to my younger brother.He did not listen to my advice luckly he survived.

Youth and 300hp + don't mix very well so take it slow.

If you can't take it slow then at least ask your mum to get you some advanced driver training to at least teach you how to handle the power.

Good luck . John Pony
Old 6/3/07, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by johnpony
If you can't take it slow then at least ask your mum to get you some advanced driver training to at least teach you how to handle the power.
I second that, not to mention it would be really fun to take advanced driving classes in your new Stang!

You will love your new car, and it will be plenty fast enough! There is always someone faster so don't worry about that. A Mustang GT has got nothing to prove. Enjoy it, take good care of it, and appreciate how lucky you are to have a Mustang for your first car.

Just my .02
Old 6/3/07, 08:03 AM
GT Member

Just one question, Auto or Manual?
Old 6/3/07, 08:25 AM
Cobra Member

Congrats on the new ride. Just make sure you take your time getting to know her. Make sure you walk before you run for sure. Believe it or not most of the folks twice your age don't really know how to handle a car (any car) in an emergency situation, so again, take your time. You can get in over your head faster than you can blink and will likely have no chance to save yourself. I'm not trying to preach, but I've seen WAY too many tragedies over the years. Good luck!

Quick Reply: New Mustang :)