2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My order situation

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/04, 09:38 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, here's my order situation and status.

I went to the dealership and told them what I wanted in mid-June. The told me that they would be able to order a 2005 Mustang in about one week from that time and that it would take about 6 weeks after the order date for the car to come in.

SWEET! I thought...

I took the dealership a check after they give me the Order Guide and things got rolling. I got my "Vehicle Order Confirmation" faxed to me on June 23. I was sooo excited and started counting down the days till approx arrival. (six weeks=August 4)

As my excitement grew, I wanted more and more information about the car and I wanted to hear what others may be saying about the '05s. That's when I found this place--Thank you Google!!

I read all the interesting stuff in threads such as "The Scoop" where Kevin tells it like it is, and I of course find out about Job 1 date. What a downer! What a silly dealership!

I've made two follow-up calls since the order was placed. I haven't been offered a DORA (I haven't asked, I'm kinda curious to see what will happen after the first of August). The haven't been able to give me a VIN which I have asked for, and no order tracking number of any sort. But the salesman assures me that since there is no word of problems, then my car is still on schedule. The last call was made this afternoon and I was told that as soon as the inventory manager got some news, he'd tell the salesman who would call me.

Boy am I glad I found this place. I would be trying to sell my current car right now and then I'd be carless for at least a month!

So THANK YOU Brad for this website, and thank you to Kevin, BEK355, and all the other helpful, knowledgable (sp?) people here.

Any suggestions on what I should say to the salesman the next time I talk to him? I'm kinda amused at the ignorance and part of me wants to see them squirm when things don't go the way they told me they would. Part of me (small part) wants to just put the smack down and say "you silly guys! don't you know anything?" but of course I won't do that, that's not me really.

Thanks for any advice, and sorry this turned out to be such a long post!
Old 7/20/04, 05:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

IF an order has been placed, the dealer gets updated status daily. There is no reason to hide a DORA either. Ask for it . I check in once a week with my sales manager. As of yet there is no "Concrete" build dates, but some of us have Vin #'s etc.
Old 7/20/04, 06:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have somewhat a similar situation with my order. The order appears to be there and the floor manager has shown me the order status, but no DORA or vin #. The only thing it shows is vehicle type and the status is Unsceduled/Clean. The manager tells me that this is okay and the orders will go through as soon as the begin building them. No prices yet so the can't really tell me anything.
Should I worry about my order?
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Old 7/20/04, 06:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tell him if he cannot prove your order, you want your money back and will be going to another dealer that can prove it.
Old 7/20/04, 01:48 PM
Cobra Member

The major problem, I take it is...that the dealer said the car would be here (there?) by Aug-4. Ok, go in and ask this, "So, my 2005 Mustang will be on the lot on the 4th, right?" I got nothing after that, go with your gut feeling...

As for me, I haven't even got an order in yet...of the three dealers I gave my options to, they all said, "We're gonna wait until the prices are released...unless ya want to put 3Gs down now?" So, hopefully, a Mustang in the trim I want will appear on one of those lots...if they know whats good for business...(sorry to hijack, had to get that off my chest )
Old 7/20/04, 04:18 PM
Queen Of Nascar

As for me, I haven't even got an order in yet...of the three dealers I gave my options to, they all said, "We're gonna wait until the prices are released...unless ya want to put 3Gs down now?" So, hopefully, a Mustang in the trim I want will appear on one of those lots...if they know whats good for business...(sorry to hijack, had to get that off my chest )
Wow that would be a real pain. I was having the same problem for a while but then I called this smaller dealership about an hour away and they were more than willing to take my order and produce a dora and VIN with a $500 deposit. I just know when pricing is released all these other dealers will be calling me back and I will hopefully have a build date by then and I can say Sorry I've already got one scheduled.
Old 7/20/04, 09:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Hopefully there will be some new, factual info from Ford soon on the launch of the new Mustang. This is the quiet before the storm. From all the official sources that I access, there has been no change on production timing. September 7th is still the job 1 date and baring any delays the initial 2(?) cars should be on lots in October ready for delivery to the lucky ones who have locked in an order. We should get our second allocation of cars in the next 2 weeks. This upcoming allocation will be a barometer of how fast Ford will ramp up production and how many cars will be on lots in Nov. and Dec.
I would like to apologize for any Dealers that provide incorrect info and hope that all of you find dealers that are knowledgeable and honest.
Good Luck.
Old 7/20/04, 11:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First of all I'm happy for the people that have been lucky enough to find dealer that knows what's going on with the new Mustang and is willing and able to place and order for the buyer.
I've been looking for information on the car for several months and all I get is 'we don't know anything', and when asked about placing an order I get 'Ford isn't taking special orders on the Mustang yet'
Some dealers are claiming that they're going to add up to $5000 over MSRP on the Mustang.
I have found a dealer that says they can order a Mustang for me so as soon as I get confirmation on that, and the money for the deposit I'll decide if I want to take my chances that the car I want will be available in the first order, or go ahead and place an order.
Old 7/21/04, 01:13 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Mike McRann@July 21, 2004, 12:01 AM
Some dealers are claiming that they're going to add up to $5000 over MSRP on the Mustang.
:nono: The maximum that anyone should pay is MSRP. If you see anyone selling for over MSRP, you should post their info here so that we all will know who to stay away from.
Old 7/21/04, 08:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think Ford will shoot themselves if the dealers sell over MSRP. They did that with the initial release of the new T-bird and sales over all were dismal.
Old 7/21/04, 04:24 PM
V6 Member

I got a VIN today!!!

Wooo hooooooo!

It is 1ZVHT82HX55102196. That's not too bad I suppose. Thanks for all of your suggestions and advice!
Old 7/21/04, 04:31 PM
GT Member

Hey longhorn_gal would you mind letting us know when you placed your order? Just to get a refererence of what we might expect.
Old 7/21/04, 04:32 PM
GT Member

nevermind I just read your original post. sorry for the stupid mistake.