2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My Color Lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/05, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here in Cleveland only seen 2 stangs - don't know whether they were GT's or V6's as saw them at last moment as they faded away...

By the way, I just patented rubber, I'll need your tires and tubing, unless you'd like to pay.
Old 3/1/05, 08:04 PM
GT Member

Cheers John... I'm thinking about getting a patent on engine air. I don't wanna give the whole idea away here but it is a device that controls the air/fuel mixture on engines.

I know, I know it sounds ridiculous but so did motion pictures! This ones big I tell ya!! Me & and my buddy Holley are working on something called a carburetor.

But seriously... Today Ford stated a big drop in sales??? Doesn't that leave more dudes to make our Stangs!!??
Old 3/1/05, 08:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well now that the IUP problem appears to be over I am wondering how long it will be until I get my new ride. The salesman figures April but I figure probably May.
Old 3/2/05, 06:03 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by McDGT@March 1, 2005, 11:07 PM
Cheers John... I'm thinking about getting a patent on engine air. I don't wanna give the whole idea away here but it is a device that controls the air/fuel mixture on engines.

I know, I know it sounds ridiculous but so did motion pictures! This ones big I tell ya!! Me & and my buddy Holley are working on something called a carburetor.

But seriously... Today Ford stated a big drop in sales??? Doesn't that leave more dudes to make our Stangs!!??

Ford's drop in sales came from a couple of issues. First, with gas prices being artificially inflated (anyone else notice that when gas falls well beow $2/gal some BS excuse is given to prop it back up?....latest excuse was "it's winter".....duh!) truck sales have tumbled.. 2nd, Ford has reigned in peddling Taurus to the rental fleets. Ford 500 has just ramped up for production. Mustang sales are strong (up over 30%). But, they are only made in one plant along side the Mazda 6 in the same plant. Shifting tooling, assembly, testing to yet another plant isn't economically sound.

The person I got my X plan pin from works in Ford's transmission plant. He said they are cranking them out as fast as they can. The plant is running 24/7 to keep up with demand. He also said Mustangs are backlogged somewhere around 65,000 units.

Dealers aren't helping matters by shifting their high priority numbers for allotments to "in stock" units (as opposed to fulfilling individual ordered cars) so they can sell them to walk up customers at MSRP (or above).
Old 3/2/05, 08:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by RRRoamer@March 1, 2005, 8:26 PM
I guess my biggest issue with the whole patent system is how the patent office works. Lately, it seems like they WOULD issue a patent for "A process for low temperature oxidation of fuel for the production of energy to sustain and suport carbon based systems". Or even the URL. Oh. They already issues a patent on that one...

At the rate the patent office is going, they are going to totally destroy the whole idea of a patent in the first place.
Exactly. It seems like all one has to do to receive a patent is go to the patent office saying "blah, blah", give them some money, and they issue you a patent. Then losers like this turn around saying, so and so stole my patent. I'm glad to see that there are still judges and juries that can make a valid decision after wading thru all this muck.

Import-Slaya, I'm not trying to pick on you, but when you make a statement like that, it makes me wonder what going on inside your head? If you will read ALL the claims, injunctions, whatever this guy is/has claimed, I think you would change your tune.

Why does everyone keep stating that "I think this guy has a valid claim."? Please show me the logic and reasoning that gave you this conclusion. :scratch:

This guy makes his living suing other people, the world has enough parasites and leeches. IUP is still being produced, always has. Ford underestimated the demand for this FROM Delphi, who makes MyColor, NOT FORD. Ford cannot be sued for stealing something that they don't make. Delphi could, but the lawsuit is not w/ Delphi, it's against Ford. This should set a flag off to anyone that this lawsuit is B.S.

My $.02.
Old 3/2/05, 10:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Here Here !
Old 3/2/05, 06:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

well, Delphi should be sued, but Ford would also be an essential party because they are the only manufacturer distributing the product

not that I believe this suit has any merit... I don't believe it does
Old 3/2/05, 06:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by slavehand@March 2, 2005, 9:27 AM

Import-Slaya, I'm not trying to pick on you, but when you make a statement like that, it makes me wonder what going on inside your head? If you will read ALL the claims, injunctions, whatever this guy is/has claimed, I think you would change your tune.

Why does everyone keep stating that "I think this guy has a valid claim."? Please show me the logic and reasoning that gave you this conclusion. :scratch:

This guy makes his living suing other people, the world has enough parasites and leeches. IUP is still being produced, always has. Ford underestimated the demand for this FROM Delphi, who makes MyColor, NOT FORD. Ford cannot be sued for stealing something that they don't make. Delphi could, but the lawsuit is not w/ Delphi, it's against Ford. This should set a flag off to anyone that this lawsuit is B.S.

My $.02.
You don't want to know what's going on inside my head! Seriously, just because I stated he may have a valid claim, does not mean he will win or should win. All it means is that his lawsuit is not frivilous on its face and would probably survive motions to dismiss. If Ford can end it quickly before even the claim construction phase of the trial begins, they save huge amounts of money. I've loosely followed this suit as time allows and that is how I came to my conclusion. You are entitled to your opinion, however.

As for your statement about Ford not being able to be sued for something they don't make, that is flat out wrong. Ford is the end link in the chain of commerce. Does Delphi sell to the public? I don't know, but if not, then the public (and patent holders) would have its first notice of potential infringement they day Ford started advertising and subsequently selling the MyColor displays. That means Ford gets sued. Period.

Now, could Mr. Weyer also have named Delphi as a defendent? Absolutely. And since he didn't, through third party joinder rules, Ford can bring Delphi in as part of the suit. More likely, Ford has some sort of an indemnification agreement with Delphi and depending on the structure of it, Delphi may be paying for all costs associated with getting rid of this clown.

All this said, as I've stated here and other posts, I don't really like the likes of Mr. Weyer. We deal with this type of crap fairly frequently. It is a waste of my time and my clients' time, and it is not what the patent system stands for. True, he has a claim that is solid enough to get to trial, but that doesn't mean he really has a solid chance of winning. He knows that it is cheaper to settle, so when some say it is similar to extortion, they are pretty close to the mark.

Sorry if I was so wordy or don't make sense--it was a long day today.
Old 3/2/05, 07:12 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@February 28, 2005, 2:52 PM
lol, they are shocked that FORD doesn't want to pay a $4.00 patent fee on each IUP. Come on guys, you are talking about a company that removed the intake cover, that would have cost them approx $6.00 per unit to make, so they could save more money.
Let's think about this for a second. Say Ford sells 100,000 Mustangs this calendar year. Might be more, I don't care...this is hypothetical.

If the company saves $6 on a plastic intake cover per car, and they sell 100,000 cars, how much money did they save? You do the math. You're right, they're saving money....a substantial amount!

Companies will go crazy to save a few pennies. When you're selling something in mass quantities, every little cent makes a huge difference.
Old 3/2/05, 07:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes but say they did hypothetically build such a cover they would sell it for more right ! so they would be ahead ? no