2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Looking to order soon

Search this Thread

Old 4/16/07, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking to order soon

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I will be ordering in the next 2-3 days, “dealer is performing one last inquiry”. I will be using “A” plan. I have purchased new before but never ordered a vehicle, and I have some questions

My intent is sitting in the manager’s lap when he orders, to eliminate errors, the best I can.

I will be putting 10% down using a credit card, easer to get refund if any issues.

What is the standard time line from ordering to receiving, I have heard 6-8 weeks?

What is the “evil lady”? I have searched but came up empty (search engine was flakey for me)

On issue, I want Dark Charcoal “KW” but not sure how this works with Premier Trim Package “68B”

Any other thoughts or issues?

Thanks.

Jeff

GT Coupe Premium 4.6L 3V V8, 5-Speed Manual

T82 – Body
140A – Order
G2 – Redfire
KW – Dark Charcoal
64W – Polished Aluminum Wheels
18G – Interior Upgrade
68B – Premier Trim
54G - GT Appearance Package
53B – Comfort Group
67D – Woven Charcoal
17L – Wheel Locking
14A - Active Anti-Theft
43A – Front seat Side Air Bags
50S – Sirius
Old 4/16/07, 11:12 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LurchII
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I will be ordering in the next 2-3 days, “dealer is performing one last inquiry”. I will be using “A” plan. I have purchased new before but never ordered a vehicle, and I have some questions

My intent is sitting in the manager’s lap when he orders, to eliminate errors, the best I can.

I will be putting 10% down using a credit card, easer to get refund if any issues.

What is the standard time line from ordering to receiving, I have heard 6-8 weeks?

What is the “evil lady”? I have searched but came up empty (search engine was flakey for me)

On issue, I want Dark Charcoal “KW” but not sure how this works with Premier Trim Package “68B”

Any other thoughts or issues?

Thanks.

Jeff

GT Coupe Premium 4.6L 3V V8, 5-Speed Manual

T82 – Body
140A – Order
G2 – Redfire
KW – Dark Charcoal
64W – Polished Aluminum Wheels
18G – Interior Upgrade
68B – Premier Trim
54G - GT Appearance Package
53B – Comfort Group
67D – Woven Charcoal
17L – Wheel Locking
14A - Active Anti-Theft
43A – Front seat Side Air Bags
50S – Sirius
Check, check and double-check the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation) when he enters it. Once it's accepted by the order bank get the dealer to give you a copy of the DORA which will list it exactly as it will be built along with the VIN number. Then hop over to BlueOvalForums.com and post your VIN and some nice people "on the inside" will be able to track its progress for you. I ordered Dark Charcoal with 68G and it theoretically will come through all Charcoal with black carpet/mats. I believe that's the only real color variance. The dealer struggled with this one when we ordered since it would normally appear you'd have a two tone combo. My first (misordered) car took about 6 weeks to show up at the dealer. The second one is slated to be built this week which means it will likely be here in just about 4 weeks.
Old 4/16/07, 04:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

One other thing. Are you planning on keeping those wheels or getting soemthing else after you get the car? If you are gonna get soemthing else get the cheaper wheels. I cant remember what the option is but I recall there being a set down from those and it will save a little $$. If those are what you want rock on and post pics when she comes in Congrads!
Old 4/16/07, 05:08 PM
GT Member

congrats on the new soon to be ordered ride. I see your ret. air force. Hop on over to Militarystangs.com also.

Side note, what town are you living in and what dealer? I also live in Texas. Dont forget lonestarstangs.com also.
Old 4/16/07, 05:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Like they said, just double, tripple check everything, it takes about 6-8 weeks. When I order them I print the order confirmation sheet up and make up a buyer's order with the price. I usually only take a $500 cc deposit that is refundable with that and a note of 'first right to refusual' on it. Only time we take a big (and sometimes non-refundable) deposit is if it is on a strange combo GT500 like orange with silver stripes or something like that. GT's are always easy to sell if you don't take it so we don't make too big a deal out of the deposit.
Old 4/16/07, 08:35 PM

Thanks for the reply’s

I plan to keep the rims, reminds me of the ones I had on my muscle car in the 80s.

I guess I am a little confused on the interior, but will do more research.

I plan to order tomorrow.

Jeff
Old 4/16/07, 08:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

It looks like you ordered the all black interior, you should be fine. You have to get the accent package for the premier trim. One is all black(charcoal) one is red seats with black, one is chamois seats(light tan) with black, and one is dove with black seats and grey plastics(has confused a lot of people). Choosing the charcoal gets all black interior, but you get all the premier trim goodies(stitched dash/armrests/console/ shifter trim ring/aluminum shift ****)

Here's the infamous 'interior' thread with all of them:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=51347
Old 4/16/07, 09:53 PM

My dealer actually printed out a copy of the VOC/DORA after the order was entered into the system, and had me come in and sign it after I went over it with a fine tooth comb (to make sure they entered it right and that both sides were in agreement on the specs).

Lurch II - Incidentally, the specs for my car are almost a dead-ringer for yours (right down to the colors and options - the only differences are that I didn't get the GT Appearance Pkg. or the Sirius). It just arrived and I'll be picking it up on Friday. I popped over and saw it this afternoon, and the interior is indeed all dark charcoal with that setup. It looks super slick, especially with the woven charcoal dash to compliment and the Premier Trim pieces to offset the dark charcoal interior. Also, the 64W wheels look great with the RedFire exterior. You will not be disappointed.
Old 4/16/07, 10:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't forget the 3.55 rear end!

I also have a very similarly equippped car.

Originally Posted by LurchII
I think this is the correct way to order the solid charcoal interior with the stitching. That's what I got.

My car came in 5 weeks to the day from order.

Good luck!
Old 4/16/07, 10:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jmanbos
It just arrived and I'll be picking it up on Friday. I popped over and saw it this afternoon, and the interior is indeed all dark charcoal with that setup. It looks super slick, especially with the woven charcoal dash to compliment and the Premier Trim pieces to offset the dark charcoal interior. Also, the 64W wheels look great with the RedFire exterior. You will not be disappointed.
Hey, congrats on your car. Post pics as soon as you can!

I agree...the charcoal dash panel looks great with the charoal interior with Premier Trim...I think the stitching make a big difference.
Old 4/16/07, 11:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Definitely get the 3:55's!
Old 4/17/07, 09:37 AM

Oh yeah, I missed mentioning that. +1 on getting the 3.55's if you aren't planning on changing out the gears later.