2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The latest BS from my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11/4/04, 09:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But Kevin, would you nto think that between the sales manager, fleet manager, and GM< one of them would have some level of competence to figure out what's going on?

I'm goign to Marshall Ford Eat ... its oen of the biggest Ford dealer's in Ohio .... in fact, they were allotted the msot Mustangs out of any dealer because of how many they sold in 2003. Not one has shown up yet. If I were them, I'd be pretty upset that my alottment hadn't come in and the winter is coming, and these things won't seel as fast and for as much in the winter, since you can't drive them ehre in the winter.
Old 11/4/04, 10:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Why can't you drive them in the winter?
Old 11/4/04, 11:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by DJ07@November 4, 2004, 11:45 PM
But Kevin, would you nto think that between the sales manager, fleet manager, and GM< one of them would have some level of competence to figure out what's going on?

I'm goign to Marshall Ford Eat ... its oen of the biggest Ford dealer's in Ohio .... in fact, they were allotted the msot Mustangs out of any dealer because of how many they sold in 2003. Not one has shown up yet. If I were them, I'd be pretty upset that my alottment hadn't come in and the winter is coming, and these things won't seel as fast and for as much in the winter, since you can't drive them ehre in the winter.
we get the runaround from ford, and calls can take an hour sometimes. Every single problem with every new, just sold, used, in service, just serviced, etc vehicle, not to mention every working deal gets filtered down to a handfull of managers, their days are quite packed.
Old 11/5/04, 05:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Cleveland gets a lot of snow every year .... and that's not why you can't drive em.

You drive a car in the winter here and it equals salt on the paint and cinders on the underside and on the paint, scratching and damaging. Thats why you don't drive a Mustang here in the winter.
Old 11/5/04, 06:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by UK_GT@November 4, 2004, 2:48 PM
go to your dealer where you are buying it from, speak to the manager and say you want to cancel your order right now. They'll soon run round for you and get it sorted!!
I said that, and I got my deposit check back very quickly. Didn't seem to bother that GM. Didn't bother me either. I was surprised to get a check back so quickly.
Old 11/5/04, 06:22 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Through happenstance, I have found myself with a little 'inside info' here that might answer your question - I can't go into too many detailed specifics but I will tell you what I know (and this is from a reliable source - someone in the company):

Mustangs -automatics - have STOPPED on the line - and have been for at least a day or three - there is apparently an issue with a 'clamp' or a 'clip' dealing with the auto tranny and they have a small group of cars (40? 100?... more?) that they are pulling back INTO the line to FIX (add/replace the part) and then of course, there are loads of cars backed up BEHIND those cars still on the line until those earlier ones are fixed (I heard the phrase 'the line has been stopped'). I heard the term 'recall' used because FORD wants to get that part issue taken care of. As far as I know, this is not some design defect kind of thing - it is a part that was left out or missed dealing specifically with the automatics.

I think some dealers might be in the same boat as you guys - no clue what is up. Maybe some of the guys that DO know, don't want you to panic and cancel your sale.

I am one of those people who almost NEVER buy something in its first year or manufacture/incarnation due to just this thing - there hasn't been an established 'break in' period where all the ins and outs are learned and kinks worked out - especially on the MASS manufacturing end of things. I made an exception in this case because I am so nuts about the new Mustang, and from all reviews and testing, it is just an amazing car. Truthfully, if all we have had to worry about so far is a 'missed part' on one version of the car, I am going to take that with a grain of salt.

I would just advise folks to try and be patient - TRUST me - I understand your mania because I have posted on here about MY obsession right after I joined the site and I am DYING to get my hands on my brand new Pony. In a big way.
Old 11/5/04, 09:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by DJ07@November 5, 2004, 6:29 AM
Cleveland gets a lot of snow every year .... and that's not why you can't drive em.

You drive a car in the winter here and it equals salt on the paint and cinders on the underside and on the paint, scratching and damaging. Thats why you don't drive a Mustang here in the winter.
I wish I had that luxury. Unfortunately, I will just be washing my car often during the winter.

... Then again, I don't live in Chardon where you need a snowplow just to get out of your driveway in January.
Old 11/5/04, 10:32 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I know the "BS" doe's not help but they are building a new car in a new factory and like every thing you do for the first time it will be slow for a while with vendor issues ,parts that might be missed in production ,fit up ...all the fun things that go into a product for the first while .Plus if you throw in "ALL" of Canada is waiting to even see a mustang at there dealer you can understand our frustration over here
Old 11/5/04, 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by DJ07@November 4, 2004, 3:00 PM
This ISNT the average salesman.

I'm dealing with the Fleet manager, Sales Manager, GM, AND owner on this, because we've been customers there for so long. They deal directly with us.

And if they don't get the ball rolling, if I don't have my car by Monday, I'm telling them to give me my mopney back and I'll go order it from another dealer for the spring.

Maybe that'll give them some incentive to make some calls and make it happen.
Do you know what your status is? You can call ford customer service with your vin and they can probably tell you the specific status dates
Old 11/5/04, 01:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Its beenshipped 10/2 since then.
Old 11/5/04, 01:15 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by DJ07@November 5, 2004, 2:13 PM
Its beenshipped 10/2 since then.
Shipped 10/2, then it should arrive any time now. Some people in this forum had a shipping date earlier than that and have not received them yet, then again some received theirs 2 weeks after the ship date.
Old 11/5/04, 01:17 PM
Bullitt Member

No, all of ours is on quality hold .... this car should nto take a month to get here from Michigan,. Itys a 3 1/2 hour drive.
Old 11/5/04, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

What everyone needs ro remember is the dealers you buy your cars from are in no way related to Ford the company so if you are having trouble with a dealer it is not Fords fault and you can report them to Ford.

Next $5,000 over msrp is nuts this car is a mass production model car and will be flooding the market by this spring. I wish people would be patient and hold off paying any amount of money over msrp, we as the customer are in the driver seat when it comes to buying a car. Pretty soon these dealers will have 10 or more on a lot and won't know what to do with them. I hate when dealers try to do this like they did with the Thunderbird. :bang:

What the sales people don't get is if they new a lot about the product they are trying to sell they could sell more and actually make some money but no they for some reason like to play games with customers.

Very sad :notnice:
Old 11/5/04, 03:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok guys, I stopped into the dealership today.

A. They calmed me down. They said I shouldn't talk to the guy I talked to anymore, because he's out of the loop.

B. I was informed that my real dealer has been making phone calls daily, and finally got through to Michigan. He said they were billigerent with him and he got pissy with them. They refused to say what was wrong other than 3500 Mustangs were effected and that that was too many to look through and find out why mine hasn't shipped. My dealer said he told them I was threatening to sue (I'm not) and they told him I have no grounds and not to worry.

C. He's expecting a call anytime this weekend from the top big wig guy in charge of all this. He hopes to get answers then.

D. My dealarship did get a Mustang in last week, but it was manual. (same color) Everyone thought it was mine and they even called my house to let us know, but realized as the answering machine came on that it wasn't mine. (good thing too or I woulda cried)

E. They may not make me start payments until spring, but will let me take the car home and keep it in my garage.
Old 11/5/04, 03:51 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I was in gazing earlier........

Screaming yellow Gt 27,600....
"Premium" for limited edition $5000
Sticker- $32,600.....And need I mind someone was doing the paperwork before I left the lot their idiocy, not mine.....
:crazy: :crazy: