2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Key chain

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/04, 09:05 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
OK. The two stories about the actual key chain, which are meant to sound like they are from "insiders", contradict each other.
One says it was a last minute thing and hacked it off some other "prop".
The 2nd story says they were made specifically for the comercial and were expense.
Either somebody's lying or they are talking about two different things.
I'll keep my opinion on which it is to myself... for now.
(hint: a little research helps)
Jason
Old 12/6/04, 09:12 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
u know what i want?? the 05 GT fender badge key chain
Old 12/6/04, 10:14 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@December 7, 2004, 12:15 AM
u know what i want?? the 05 GT fender badge key chain
Pry one of your car when it comes
Old 12/6/04, 11:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kerafaith@November 24, 2004, 4:24 PM
Here is a necklace that has that pendant on it. You could always buy the necklace & then make a keychain by using the pendant. Of course it is a $19.00 necklace.

http://www.fordcollection.com/product_sear...keyword=mustang
I think Kera's necklace idea is near identical to the one used in the commercial. The shape of the pony is dead on at least from what I could see using photoshop and comparing the two shots.

If I was to get it that necklace might be the closest bet
Old 12/7/04, 01:03 AM
GT Member

I just want my car to arrive, couldn't give a toss about a keyring with a mustang on it.

Next you'll all want a pair of pants like he wore in the comercial
Old 12/8/04, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by StangNut@December 6, 2004, 10:08 PM
OK. The two stories about the actual key chain, which are meant to sound like they are from "insiders", contradict each other.
The 2nd story says they were made specifically for the comercial and were expense.
Jason
First of all when a commercial campaign is costing $200 million dollars and pre-production has gone on for 6 months or more before the shoot there are no last minute things. I find it hard to believe they were standing around on set, the director just about to call 'action' when someone says..."hey, what about a keychain? Let's quickly hack it off some other prop...I can't believe we forgot the key chain in a car commercial...oops."

Secondly, it sounds like 'tark' probably did work on the commercial and may have, in fact, been an insider so there's probably a lot of truth to what he says. I would also consider myself an 'insider' since I'm the actor who played 'the farmer' and all I can do is go by is what I was told during the 7 days I shot the commercial.

When I'm shooting the scenes with the McQueen double and each time 'cut' is called a crew person gently takes the keys from me or someone tells me to be extremely careful with the keychain since it's been custom made at a cost of several hundreds of dollars then I tend to believe them. Maybe they just didn't want to 'hack' off another one from some other prop, but I doubt it.
Old 12/8/04, 05:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by idobson@December 7, 2004, 12:06 AM
I just want my car to arrive, couldn't give a toss about a keyring with a mustang on it.

...he did have nice pants on.....hmm....
Old 12/8/04, 08:53 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by dramadaveca+December 8, 2004, 5:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dramadaveca @ December 8, 2004, 5:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-StangNut@December 6, 2004, 10:08 PM
Jason
First of all when a commercial campaign is costing $200 million dollars and pre-production has gone on for 6 months or more before the shoot there are no last minute things. I find it hard to believe they were standing around on set, the director just about to call 'action' when someone says..."hey, what about a keychain? Let's quickly hack it off some other prop...I can't believe we forgot the key chain in a car commercial...oops."

Secondly, it sounds like 'tark' probably did work on the commercial and may have, in fact, been an insider so there's probably a lot of truth to what he says. I would also consider myself an 'insider' since I'm the actor who played 'the farmer' and all I can do is go by is what I was told during the 7 days I shot the commercial.

When I'm shooting the scenes with the McQueen double and each time 'cut' is called a crew person gently takes the keys from me or someone tells me to be extremely careful with the keychain since it's been custom made at a cost of several hundreds of dollars then I tend to believe them. Maybe they just didn't want to 'hack' off another one from some other prop, but I doubt it. [/b][/quote]
uuhhh. Yeah. OK.
My point is one of the stories is innacurate.

Jason
Old 12/9/04, 01:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal+December 8, 2004, 7:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SurfnSoCal @ December 8, 2004, 7:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-idobson@December 7, 2004, 12:06 AM

...he did have nice pants on.....hmm....[/b][/quote]
Dude, I got the jacket & turtleneck. All I need is them pants! Then I'm gonna have my face surgically altered to look like Steve McQueen. Then I'll top all you dawgs. (Just good natured clowning "idobson", I get what you're saying) Eh...heh-heh...um... I did order one of those keychains though off eBay that Clint put us onto. I just thought it looked neat :geek: