2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Just ordered my '06

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/05, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, as of 10 o'clock this morning, i officially have an '06 GT on order. It's gonna be a Tungsten grey with premium package, IUP, manual trans, dk charcoal leather interior, 18" rims, side airbags, and anti theft. the salesman actually had an option for 255 tires instead of the 235's, but when he tried to click on it, it kept defaulting to the 235's. I'm not sure what that was all about. I got excited when i saw the option, then let down when it couldn't be selected. the price ended up being $28, 935. i had to put $1000 down for a deposit, but i see that as a small price to pay. I was the first to order from this dealer so hopefully, i should be fairly high on the priority list. keepin' my fingers crossed!
Old 6/2/05, 06:07 PM
Cobra Member

This is just conjecture, but what do you bet the 255s come on the "other" 18" rim that won't be available until later in the model year. Just a thought.
Old 6/2/05, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@June 2, 2005, 6:10 PM
This is just conjecture, but what do you bet the 255s come on the "other" 18" rim that won't be available until later in the model year. Just a thought.

you know, as i was driving home, i started to think the same thing. there has to be a reason that the 255 was actually on there as an option. but, if i have as much fun with this car as i think i will, it won't be long before i need to get new tires anyways. then i'll see about some 255's, or larger if possible.
Old 6/2/05, 07:41 PM

Ouch!! $28935, thats way too much. u shouldn't pay anymore than $26
Old 6/2/05, 08:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Are you including your tax, title and license, dealer add ons, or is that the price you paid just for the car? I'm pretty much getting the same exact car as you and shooting to pay about $26,700 for the car.
Old 6/2/05, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by 05_stang@June 2, 2005, 7:44 PM
Ouch!! $28935, thats way too much. u shouldn't pay anymore than $26

actually, that is sticker. so i'm really getting off easier than some guys who have paid 2 or 3 thousand over. the actual dealer price was around 26, 980 i believe.
Old 6/2/05, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by BMW tech@June 2, 2005, 8:41 PM
actually, that is sticker. so i'm really getting off easier than some guys who have paid 2 or 3 thousand over. the actual dealer price was around 26, 980 i believe.
no, that's not including tt&l. in your sig, it says you are gonna try to use x-plan. if so, you should be paying around 26 or so. i'm not using x-plan. i have the actual sheet showing dealer price and msrp. the dealer price is more than what you plan to pay.
Old 6/2/05, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Were you able to actually get a DORA from your dealer? I'm trying to figure out if these "orders" are actually getting submitted to Ford.

Thanks.
Old 6/2/05, 10:51 PM
V6 Member

Jason, we ordered the exact same car but I added the wheel locks... I'm to lazy to buy the cheaper ones after the car gets here...(I'll be to busy driving it.) Will your dealer come down off MSRP? Back in April mine said MSRP no lower no higher. But I will try to get him down when the car gets here... but Im prepared to pay it. As I'll have my dealers first 06. No DORA yet, but I'll be asking for one in a few days. We'll see if these orders are actually getting sent to FORD. I have a print screen of the order with all the info i need to track it with the computer lady but I want a DORA.

Can someone confirm that the print screen I have titled "Vehicle Order Confirmation" is not a DORA?

Tungsten Gray all the way!!!! (I know.... I'm a dork)
Old 6/3/05, 07:10 AM

Originally posted by BMW tech@June 2, 2005, 8:46 PM
no, that's not including tt&l. in your sig, it says you are gonna try to use x-plan. if so, you should be paying around 26 or so. i'm not using x-plan. i have the actual sheet showing dealer price and msrp. the dealer price is more than what you plan to pay.
Dude, sorry to say it but you got sorta nailed. I don't have an x-plan and I'm not paying anymore than $26,000 out the door. And thats GT deluxe with IUP, 18" rims, red leather seats. You must have paid them msrp, you NEVER pay msrp, they are still making money off of the factory invoice price. Thats where you negotiate from., not msrp.
Old 6/3/05, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 06GT4me@June 2, 2005, 10:54 PM
Jason, we ordered the exact same car but I added the wheel locks... I'm to lazy to buy the cheaper ones after the car gets here...(I'll be to busy driving it.) Will your dealer come down off MSRP? Back in April mine said MSRP no lower no higher. But I will try to get him down when the car gets here... but Im prepared to pay it. As I'll have my dealers first 06. No DORA yet, but I'll be asking for one in a few days. We'll see if these orders are actually getting sent to FORD. I have a print screen of the order with all the info i need to track it with the computer lady but I want a DORA.

Can someone confirm that the print screen I have titled "Vehicle Order Confirmation" is not a DORA?

Tungsten Gray all the way!!!! (I know.... I'm a dork)
That is correct, the vehicle order conformation IS different than the dora...You should get the DORA the next day after ordering as it is printed out as soon as they submit your order.
Old 6/3/05, 10:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by BMW tech@June 2, 2005, 7:46 PM
'tis true, you are correct on all points, sir. However, X-Plan is my fallback plan when I can't negotiate below dealer invoice! (I will probably have to go to dealer B to invoke X-plan after trying to negotiate no X-plan with Dealer A.) Some dealers still pay about $1K less than the "Dealer Invoice" shown on the VOC or DORA. Best I've seen so far in this forum was $400 below dealer invoice ($600 above dealer price). A few lucky others have also been able to negotiate on their own a price below X-plan.

Am I crazy? You bet! Will I get it? Maybe not, but worst they can say is no, best they can say is yes. I'll be going to a small dealer in a retirement community that barely sold a few V6's this year, so I hope to be able to negotiate a good deal - while still being fair to the dealer (Karpro, I got your 6 , yous gots to make a living, too). Knowing that it is possible to go below invoice - I gotta at least try too. I'm a purchasing agent/contracts negotiator by trade - I get nitpicky about prices and profit margins all day long. And I'm a bit competitive also, but I play fair.

What really matters though, is if you're happy with the price you paid, don't let us discourage you about your purchase. Welcome to the forum, enjoy your car when it arrives, post a pic and we'll all banana dance for you.

And, now that I know the 18"s are $700-800, my target price just broke the $27K barrier...
Old 6/3/05, 10:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

You never pay MSRP except when they wont take any less, which has been mostly the case on the GT. I have yet to see someone on here in the last 4 months who has not been on some sort of plan who has paid less.
Old 6/3/05, 10:29 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Webba@June 3, 2005, 10:28 AM
You never pay MSRP except when they wont take any less, which has been mostly the case on the GT. I have yet to see someone on here in the last 4 months who has not been on some sort of plan who has paid less.
GT vert.....$1000 over invoice ($1500 under MSRP)...no plan.
Old 6/3/05, 12:31 PM

Originally posted by Webba@June 3, 2005, 10:28 AM
Well then, this is when you extend your right hand and tell them thanks, but no thanks and walk away. It's not like its the last GT they are going to ever make, and just go to another dealer. Everybody is always afraid to walk away or too impatient, if someone is willing to throw money away then to each his own. I work hard for my money and I'm not going to give it away to a dealer who is already making money off ot the factory invoice price. Dont feel bad for the salesman when you end up paying way less than what they want you to, they're still making money.
Old 6/3/05, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just placed my order this morning. So far I'm at MSRP, but will try to work on that. Otherwise I'll pay it, being that my dealer has an allocation for 9 2006s and only 2 are GTs. I'm the 2nd order for a 06 GT so that fills up their allocation. Hopefully these next few months go quickly!