2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

If you have a flashy mustang...

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/07, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disconnect the computer?

The underlying theme of the story was to bring up the point that not everyone has good intentions when they want to check out our rides. And of course to avoid confrontation and be able to assess a threat level in order to prevent being stuck in a sticky situation.

Hollywood- I'm not going to engage in a gun debate either, other than to say you're wrong...on all counts.

My personal philosopy is if I have to use a firearm or I have to get into a physical confrontation then I screwed up bad.

Of course I respect your opinion since you more than likely live in a very low crime area so you can't relate to a community that experiences high crime and the residents feel a need to carry.

FYI- there used to be a law in the Georgia books stating residents had to prove the situation was life threatening when a criminal exercised a home invasion in order for the resident to use deadly force...HUH???? Well, several years ago there were so many home invasions they changed the law to basically read that you can presume someone intends life threatening harm when they invade your house so blast away!! That's what Jack Bauer would do!!

Also, I'm not sure if it passed, I'm pretty sure it did but another law has changed regarding self defense. You had to prove you tried to flee before using deadly force(ie-you had to give the bad guys a chance to shoot you in the back). Now, apparently the law has changed so you can "stand your ground".

Anyway, back to the original point...I have a number of other incidents that have occurred and the common denominator is my car. Not necessarily my mustang but previous vehicles also. People in cars and especially flashy cars are big targets. Am i going to sell my car? Hell no. Am I going to be extra cautious approaching my car? absolutely.
Old 4/2/07, 09:28 PM

BTW Keeper...sharp car!!!
Old 4/2/07, 11:27 PM
V6 Member

Mall parking is the worst

I have had my Mustang for three months and I have already got 3 chips on my hood. I was parked at a mall all day, I parked it waaaay over by itself, away from any other cars. Well, I go to get my car and I find a huge hand and armprint on my hood and three big chips out of my paint. It looked like they were trying to steal my horse emblem or billet grille. Apparently they had a watch on. But they left hand prints all over the horse and grille. I know it wasn't mine because I had it washed, polished and waxed that day. It was looking pretty sweet. Kinda leaves a sickening feeling in my stomach to think of someone screwing with my car, and now I have to fix these paint chips. ARGHHHHHH. Well, there is my rant.
Old 4/3/07, 03:41 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpeedRoush
Hollywood- I'm not going to engage in a gun debate either...
Suuuurreeee you're not.

Originally Posted by SpeedRoush
...other than to say you're wrong...on all counts.
See, you knew you couldn't resist.

I'll let you in on a little secret: There was this one time I thought I was wrong about something...

...but I was wrong.

Incidentally, since you brought it up, exactly which point was I "wrong" about?
Old 4/3/07, 08:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Thats why my stang does not go to malls etc.
Old 4/4/07, 06:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mike05gt
Thats why my stang does not go to malls etc.

Welcome to the Source Mike!

That's also why I stay away from those places too.
Old 4/4/07, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stangette
Welcome to the Source Mike!

That's also why I stay away from those places too.
I have been a member since 04, I replaced my computer and decided to change my screen name to match what I use on all the other forums I visit. Nice to see that you made a pit stop over at US
Old 4/5/07, 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just rather stay away from large parking garages altogether because of all the noted reasons plus I hate door dings. Its funny that I just bought a brand new Mercedes SUV for my wife all blacked out with black 22" Lowenharts, and its worth more than double the Mustang, but the Mustang pulls more attention. The Benz goes to the malls and by the way, it has already its share of door dings.

If you see trouble, walk away - not towards.
Old 4/5/07, 11:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mike05gt
I have been a member since 04, I replaced my computer and decided to change my screen name to match what I use on all the other forums I visit. Nice to see that you made a pit stop over at US
I plan to go back more - I do miss ya Peeps. So, when you changed your screen name here, your join date in the Avatar changed too?

Back on Topic, IMO, avoidance and reduction of the risk factors are the best bet in regards to eliminating the negative attention towards One's nice Mustang.