2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

If you have a flashy mustang...

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/07, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Truck hijacked from north point mall

Wow, speak of the devil. I saw this in the news this morning occuring at the same Atlanta shopping mall mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

Truck Hijacked From North Point Mall

POSTED: 5:47 am EDT March 28, 2007
UPDATED: 12:03 pm EDT March 28, 2007

ALPHARETTA, Ga. -- 10:40 a.m. UPDATE: Police have found the truck, but the trailer and all the merchandise are still missing.
Officers found the trailer abandoned in a vacant parking lot on Jonesboro and Constitution Roads.
************************************************** ************************************************** ********
Authorities searched Wednesday for a tractor trailer hijacked from Macys at North Point Mall at Alpharetta.
Police say the truck was stolen at gunpoint from the mall parking lot. The driver had brought the truck carrying merchandise to Macys and was switching to an empty delivery truck.
Police say the suspects appeared as he was making the switch, pistol-whipped the driver, bound him with duct tape and put him into the empty trailer. They then drove off with the truck full of merchandise.
Police are looking for a white Volvo truck with a 48-foot trailer. The side of the truck has the words "Keystone Freight" with the number 4-8-R-1-1-3 on the side.
GPS tracking shows the truck heading south of Atlanta.
Old 3/28/07, 11:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
See this poses a problem for me as I often walk over to other Mustangs in parking lots (guess I just need to make time to go to a show or meet) to see what they did to their car. I keep a goot distance and never touch it (out of respect of course) but I have been worried about someone thinking I am trying to steal the car or the owner flipping out on me. None the less this is a growing problem and people continue to go to greater measures to take whats not theirs and hurt others.
This is true. Of course One can watch from an accessible distance the Onlookers and if they touch the Baby......

I went to the Eye Doctor. It was ONE Light down the street from my place. Early on a Saturday morning - in the GT500 - I could see the car the entire time and the Owner was watching her too. He said there were dozens of onlookers that parked & got out and looked but not gotten close. After that, I must have received a hundred PMs on the Local Forums the next day asking if it was Angel and they stated the times, description of the parking spot and all!

Point being, roll one of these S197s and be prepared for some onlookers. Just take precaution and be prepared when you park it. In having the Owner, Whom I knew, (watch the car while I was busy) to take care of the security issue. Of course if they got close it would have tripped the GPS and the Cops would be rolling up in minutes.
Old 3/28/07, 11:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by neil07gt
Wow, speak of the devil. I say this in the news this morning occuring at the same Atlanta shopping mall mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

Truck Hijacked From North Point Mall

POSTED: 5:47 am EDT March 28, 2007
UPDATED: 12:03 pm EDT March 28, 2007

ALPHARETTA, Ga. -- 10:40 a.m. UPDATE: Police have found the truck, but the trailer and all the merchandise are still missing.
Officers found the trailer abandoned in a vacant parking lot on Jonesboro and Constitution Roads.
************************************************** ************************************************** ********
Authorities searched Wednesday for a tractor trailer hijacked from Macys at North Point Mall at Alpharetta.
Police say the truck was stolen at gunpoint from the mall parking lot. The driver had brought the truck carrying merchandise to Macys and was switching to an empty delivery truck.
Police say the suspects appeared as he was making the switch, pistol-whipped the driver, bound him with duct tape and put him into the empty trailer. They then drove off with the truck full of merchandise.
Police are looking for a white Volvo truck with a 48-foot trailer. The side of the truck has the words "Keystone Freight" with the number 4-8-R-1-1-3 on the side.
GPS tracking shows the truck heading south of Atlanta.
More reason to stay away from Shopping Malls. Evidently, Theives do their own sort of "shopping" there too.
Old 3/28/07, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw that hijacking in the news at Northpoint also.

During this past holiday season people were doing their shopping in the Norhtpoint Mall area loading up their car after hitting the different shops. The scary part was, there were a number of people who were followed and when the customer parked to go in the 2nd or 3rd shop the criminals were cleaning out their car!!! I never heard if they caught them...Parking lots are soo bad because theres a lot of activity and it's difficult to tell what peoples intentions are.

Another freaky situation that happened recently was I went to a gas station around 11pm'ish to fill up and get a six pack. We were the only ones there along with the attendant. I fill the stang up and start walking inside when a car pulls up to the pumps behind me. Right as I went inside it only took one look to see that these guys behind my car were bad news. There was a guy in the passenger seat looking real nervous, a guy standing outside the suv acting nervous and eyes darting around. The third guy was heading into the store. While I was paying for my six pack I turned around and made eye contact with the third guy. I walk out and get to my car. As soon as I get in the car my girl said those guys were acting really suspicious. I said i know and got the hell out of there. I've checked the papers and didn't see anything...

Now fast forward, I train with a couple cops and the other night they mentioned there were two robberies in the area. I didn't get the chance to ask them if it was that gas station or those guys. I'll try and ask em thursday...
Old 3/28/07, 06:57 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Stangette
Just make sure to shoot to kill.
Well, there's both an upside and a downside to that. If you're gonna pull a gun, three things to keep in mind >>

1. Make sure you have professional firearms training and know how to use it.

2. Be prepared to shoot to kill. A dead assailant can't testify against you in court with some bullsh*t defense.

3. Be prepared to deal with the severe psychological aftermath of having taken a human life, lowlife scumbag or not. You will live with that decision for the rest of your life, regardless of whether or not it was self-defense. And if you don't think there WILL be a psychological aftermath, then you have no business owning or carrying a firearm. Period.
Old 3/28/07, 07:26 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's sad BC, but that's the same mentality as insurance companies. "It's cheaper when they die." I'll add one more thing.
If asked, You never shoot to kill.
You shoot to stop the threat.
That said, A head shot is the quickest way to stop the threat, and usually the cheapest for your attorney bill.
Old 3/28/07, 07:31 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
And before anyone trys to correct me - you never shoot to wound either... shoot to stop the threat. period.
Old 3/28/07, 07:31 PM
GT Member

What mall in GA? I intentionally always keep the car way out of the way. I just hate dingers. Keep the car in the open if you can it will attract less attention.

Originally Posted by SpeedRoush
keep in mind it attracts attention good and BAD!! This afternoon I was leaving the mall headed back to the car and saw a suspicious guy in the parking lot. I had parked away from everyone else in a less used section of the mall parking lot but there were still alot of cars in the area. The next closest car was probably a lane and a half away.

Anyway, we're walking between cars and I notice this guy parallel to us headed in the direction of my car. Keep in mind there was only one other car in that direction and he seemed fixated on my car. I watched as he passed the last car before it would be obvious he was headed for mine and he paused then kept going. So I stopped with my woman behind an SUV to see what he was going to do. We were about 40yds from my car and he's headed for the driver side. He walked slowly up to my car then around the back. I couldn't quite see for sure from where I was but it looked like he tried my door. He walked around the back of the car glancing through the back window then kept walking through the parking lot.

Did he see us? I don't know.
Do I think he was up to no good? yes.

Like I told my girl, if you ever see someone screwing with the car in a parking lot go back in the mall/store/ crowded place and call the cops. If something doesn't feel right, go back inside and call the cops. Let them have the stupid thing. If someone wants something bad enough they'll find a way to steal it...

ps- recently in atlanta there's a crew cruising mall parking lots ambushing women and stealing their wedding rings...

keep your head up and eyes open in the parking lots.
Old 3/28/07, 08:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
It is so F'd up that you have to drive your POS and leave the nice car at home because of scum bags. I get up every morning an go to work at 5 a.m. until 5 p.m. and then go to night classes to finish my Master's in an effort to make a good living and have nice things. I am not going to roll over and give up something that I worked so hard to get to some low life thugh. If some thug approaches me with a knife and asks me for my keys I am going to shoot them over and over again until my clip is empty. In the situation described above the person was well within their rights to defend themselves.
I used to work in the ghetto and I have worked for 6 years to buy my car. They had alot of cars stolen there. Therefore didnt drive it there. Can't open a clip if you want to be a statie now can you
Old 3/28/07, 08:23 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
It's sad BC, but that's the same mentality as insurance companies. "It's cheaper when they die." I'll add one more thing.
If asked, You never shoot to kill. You shoot to stop the threat.
That said, A head shot is the quickest way to stop the threat, and usually the cheapest for your attorney bill.

And before anyone trys to correct me - you never shoot to wound either... shoot to stop the threat. period.
Just to clarify >> if you're a cop, you shoot to disable the threat, if at all possible.

If you're a private citizen, you must shoot to kill, for MANY reasons, not the least of which includes the one you mentioned above.

That said, my personal belief is that private citizens should not be carrying around guns at all. Period. Because in most instances, the average citizen doesn't know what the frak they're doing with a firearm, and doesn't have the emotional maturity to properly evaluate a potential threat or deal with the aftermath even if they do.
Old 3/28/07, 10:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Had a Big Gulp thrown in my Open Vert

I have a pretty flashy white vert with blue stripes. My wife parked it in a grocery store parking lot with the top down and some boner threw a pretty full 32 oz drink into the car. A great big mess.
Old 3/28/07, 11:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

You can't shoot em!

You can hopefully catch them and do some free dental work on them. But it is dangerous with kids carrying weapons or hanging in packs. I don't think I am as tough as I used to be when I was a Marine but I would still make the attempt to open a can of whoop **** on them.
Old 3/28/07, 11:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Just to clarify >> if you're a cop, you shoot to disable the threat, if at all possible.

If you're a private citizen, you must shoot to kill, for MANY reasons, not the least of which includes the one you mentioned above.

That said, my personal belief is that private citizens should not be carrying around guns at all. Period. Because in most instances, the average citizen doesn't know what the frak they're doing with a firearm, and doesn't have the emotional maturity to properly evaluate a potential threat or deal with the aftermath even if they do.
Originally Posted by dswhalen
You can hopefully catch them and do some free dental work on them. But it is dangerous with kids carrying weapons or hanging in packs. I don't think I am as tough as I used to be when I was a Marine but I would still make the attempt to open a can of whoop **** on them.
He left so I didn't bother firing a hollow tip at close range, secondly I have been trained to handle firearms since the age of 9, A good beating is deserved in most cases though and should be carried out. People are such jealous a-holes
Old 3/28/07, 11:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Also forgot to mention I am an EMT and would be in serious toruble if I didn't tend to this guy after I shot him, I just wanted to go home
Old 3/28/07, 11:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

My brother punched a 17 year old punk with blond Peter Frampton hair and a white T shirt in a parking lot over a parking space. The guy got in his face and f bombed him for pulling into a space he thought was righfully his. My brother was a logger in Idaho at the time and was strong. Well the maggot with a very red t-shirt (only on the front) took his plate number and he showed up with the cops at his door identifying him as the assailant and they hauled him off to jail. He spent three days in the slammer and was convicted of misdemeanor assault.

So if you or I ripped one of these roaming juneniles we would probably get thrown in jail. If you were white and the punks were black you would get a hate crimes bonus and it would be a felony. So make sure it is dark and the kids you beat up are white.
Old 3/29/07, 02:17 AM
Closet American

In our system of jurisprudence, employing violence to prevent physical harm from coming to yourself or someone else is justifiable.

Employing violence to protect your ego againt "f bombs" is not.

Learn the difference or risk spending time in jail.
Old 3/29/07, 06:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
In our system of jurisprudence, employing violence to prevent physical harm from coming to yourself or someone else is justifiable.

Employing violence to protect your ego againt "f bombs" is not.

Learn the difference or risk spending time in jail.

Well said. Defense for defense purposes only.

Been taught by professionals how to defend and I prefer to employ preventative measures to fight crime. Carry tear Gas, etc. instead of guns and have had no real need to defend in a measurable way since it happens that I am expecting it from them 100% of the time and the Awareness ahead of the Criminal usually prevails.

You are right about the hate crimes and retaliation. It is generally never worth it.

Ego is no problem for me. When I see a person wants a parking spot or get ahead in a lane, I extend them the Courtesy. Obviously they really want it, will go to extreme for it and certainly not worth a fight or an accident for sure. These are petty reasons IMO to have a confrontation.
Old 3/29/07, 08:24 AM
GT Member

Georgia Stangers

Originally Posted by Geos05GTvert
What mall in GA? I intentionally always keep the car way out of the way. I just hate dingers. Keep the car in the open if you can it will attract less attention.
It is interesting to hear the responses on this subject. I live in Acworth (next to Kennesaw) and also have a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Atlanta certainly has areas you want to stay out of....I am an OTP boy myself. I try to stay as far away from downtown (and malls) with my baby. I try to take the family vehicle in those situations.

Funny note...I recently went to a nice upscale restaurant OTP with my wife and reluctantly let a valet park my stang. I only let them valet it for the wife's sake (special occasion) and because I could see the car from the restaurant. I gave him the ticket and watched him pull it out and bring it over....when he came back with it he gushed, "MAN, when you crank that car it is SICK!"
Old 3/29/07, 04:18 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by keeper
It is interesting to hear the responses on this subject. I live in Acworth (next to Kennesaw) and also have a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Atlanta certainly has areas you want to stay out of....I am an OTP boy myself. I try to stay as far away from downtown (and malls) with my baby. I try to take the family vehicle in those situations.

Funny note...I recently went to a nice upscale restaurant OTP with my wife and reluctantly let a valet park my stang. I only let them valet it for the wife's sake (special occasion) and because I could see the car from the restaurant. I gave him the ticket and watched him pull it out and bring it over....when he came back with it he gushed, "MAN, when you crank that car it is SICK!"
And your car is sick! Looks awesome from that picture, man!

God I love Redfire.
Old 3/29/07, 05:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SpeedRoush

I typically don't like having my keys in my hand until the last second. I prefer having my hands free since it limits what you can do if keys are in hand.

I agree, avoidance of the bad situation in the first place is the best defense. Trust your instincts and be aware.

That said, your keys themselves can be used as weapons. Held between your fingers (especially the long ones), they can be used to jab or rake an assailant and buy time to escape.

I have also played out a gas station scenario in my head. If I am in the process of pumping gas and someone approaches me with a knife, I could quickly gave him/her a faceful of gasoline, hopefully getting it in the eyes. Then I would light a match and..... j/k

Quick Reply: If you have a flashy mustang...