2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

If you have a flashy mustang...

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/07, 06:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have jumped down peoples throats for looking at my car in a parking lot. But you can never be to sure.

I had my mopar parked somewhere and as I was walking back some guy was peering through the window. I yelled out sort of loud, can I help you with something. He got startled and replied like he was admiring the car.

If he was just looking, I feel bad, I would rather be safe than sorry though.
Old 3/29/07, 11:52 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rebel73
I have also played out a gas station scenario in my head. If I am in the process of pumping gas and someone approaches me with a knife, I could quickly gave him/her a faceful of gasoline, hopefully getting it in the eyes. Then I would light a match and..... j/k
You're watching too many movies.

Real life seldom works like "movieworld."
Old 3/30/07, 01:04 PM
GT Member

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
And your car is sick! Looks awesome from that picture, man!

God I love Redfire.
As soon as I saw Redfire I knew that was the color for me. Do you know the guy at the dealership tried to tell me that I shouldn't order the black top with the chamois (tan) interior...that the top needed to match the interior highlight color....pshht! I had to have the cloth back top.

Although...with all the pollen in Atlanta...the whole car is covered with yellow powder!
Old 3/30/07, 04:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
You know, there's something really sad about our society when you have to start doing that.
It is sad but the fact that I can carry and do makes me proud to be an American:-)
Old 3/30/07, 05:37 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Robbieg
It is sad but the fact that I can carry and do makes me proud to be an American:-)
Yeah, but you're fortunate enough to live in Florida, which should be a model for the Country for CCW laws.
Old 3/30/07, 07:31 PM
GT Member

Hey John:
I wish I could have been there to help you teach this loser a lesson.
Glad you're safe.
Old 3/30/07, 08:12 PM

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_...?storyid=94627

The diamaond ring thieves I mentioned earlier have apparently been caught. I happened to catch the news clip last night. They have these clowns on video approaching one woman while she's loading the car and has a baby in hand. People were just feet away while they robbed her of her diamond ring!!! I couldn't believe it.

My girl just reminded me of something that happened here in atlanta to her friend. Her friend went inside the bank to do her business. Came back out and got in her car. She proceeded just a block or so down the road before she realized she had a flat. She pulled over and miraculously a couple guys pulled over to help. One distracted her with changing the tire while the other guy was in her purse in the car stealing the loot!!! Next thing she knew they both took off. This came up because we saw in the news there was a crew doing this to unsuspecting people at the bank. Slashing their tires then following them and offereing help only to steal the loot!!! Then she realized this had happened to her.

Kennesaw is probably one of the safer places in Atlanta but there was also a carjacking up there awhile back...Some bystander Jack Bauer'd the criminal but the victim died in the car crash.

Just because you "think" it's safe doesn't mean it is.

What that means to me is that I'm not going to let my guard down just because there are camera's or there are lots of people around.

Heck, I caught a guy casing the office building I work in and there are camera's in the lobby!! Everyone who comes in is on camera. Not to mention there's 24 hour security!!! I was working late one night and stepped out of the office using the back door to go to the restroom and there was a guy walking down the hallway away from the back door??? This guy threw an immediate red flag...Trust me, the guy didn't work in my office and there are only two doors in this hallway. The one to the office and the stairwell which is exit only. I called the cops and the place was surrounded. I later found out the guy snuck in while the cleaning crew came in but they never caught him. There was only one reason why I was "aware". In the news there were crews hitting office buildings dressing in business attire carrying empty laptop bags. They'd go in after hours and clean the offices out of laptops. A crew had done that to one of the office buildings right down the road from where i work so I "expected" it.
Old 3/30/07, 08:13 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by keeper
As soon as I saw Redfire I knew that was the color for me. Do you know the guy at the dealership tried to tell me that I shouldn't order the black top with the chamois (tan) interior...that the top needed to match the interior highlight color....pshht! I had to have the cloth back top.

Although...with all the pollen in Atlanta...the whole car is covered with yellow powder!
Post some pics, man!
Old 3/30/07, 08:18 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Robbieg
...the fact that I can carry and do makes me proud to be an American:-)
I'm not sure that carrying a handgun is anything to be proud of. They're for one thing and one thing only: killing people. And as I mentioned in a previous post, 99.9% of the people out there are in no way ready for the legal/psychological/emotional ramifications of taking the life of another human being.

Even police officers have to go through months of intense counseling after shooting and killing someone. And they're trained for it.
Old 3/30/07, 08:26 PM

I'm not sure that carrying a handgun is anything to be proud of. They're for one thing and one thing only: killing people. And as I mentioned in a previous post, 99.9% of the people out there are in no way ready for the legal/psychological/emotional ramifications of taking the life of another human being.

Even police officers have to go through months of intense counseling after shooting and killing someone. And they're trained for it.
yeah, but if i have a handgun, at least I'll have a chance to deal with the ramifications...otherwise i very well could be dead.
Old 3/30/07, 09:07 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by SpeedRoush
yeah, but if i have a handgun, at least I'll have a chance to deal with the ramifications...otherwise i very well could be dead.
Assuming you know how to use it.

And assuming you are able to use it effectively under duress or difficult to assess circumstances that are happening f-a-s-t.

And assuming that your assailant doesn't shoot you first.

And assuming that your assailant doesn't simply take your gun from you before you know what's happened, and then shoot you with it.

And assuming you're using it for the right reasons >> STRICTLY if you or someone else is being threatened.

And assuming you don't accidentally shoot an innocent bystander in the heat of the moment (bullets don't stop at 20 feet).

A lot of assumptions.

Handguns should be carried around in public by law enforcement personnel only, not private citizens who are under no obligation to get training.
Old 3/31/07, 08:35 AM
I lust for a M24

I'm not going to waste my time getting into a gun debate. Debating guns is like debating Abortion. People have their mind made up one way or another, and people like to bring in all the 'what if's.' People throw emotions in and facts out the window. It's an issue that defines people by their own life experiences. Guns scare some people, others are perfectly comfortable with them. I was raised with them, respect them, and am responsible with them.

I strongly support people who are law abiding citizens having the right to defend themselves against criminals. Yes, there are HUGE responsibilities with carrying a firearm. Yes, taking someone's life has to be a last resort, and there will be psychological ramifications. I would much rather spend the rest of my life in counceling for killing someone, than spend the rest of my life in counceling for watching my wife getting raped and killed, or my kid beaten and abducted.

But, just because one person can't handle it, it doesn't mean that another can't. There are MANY people who have no business whatsoever carrying a weapon. Look at CCW numbers in states that allow it and you'll see that only a small portion of people who have the right to carry a weapon do. I think (and hope) that this is an indication that people who decide to CCW take it seriously and are responsible people. I will say that the fellow CCW people I know, are by far the most responsible people that I know.

One thing that isn't up for debate, is that anti-ccw laws keep criminals from carrying guns. They're criminals and by defination, don't respect the law anyway. Nobody goes through the training to get their permit and thinks, 'hey, now that I've got a right to carry a gun I can go rob a bank'. Sure, nutballs do slip through the cracks, but they are very few, and numbers show that the good of CCW outweighs the bad.

The truth is, there's one thing better than CCW and that's open carry. I'm not advocating that simply because of the simple image of everyone carrying holsters on their hips is disturbing.
(so much for not debating this)

So, what's the answer? - Carry a sword. Who the heck would mess with a guy carrying a sword!?!
Old 3/31/07, 08:42 AM
I lust for a M24

By the way, the statement "They're for one thing and one thing only: killing people." is true but misleading. They're also good for defending someone's life, hunting, sport, and collecting.
Old 3/31/07, 03:35 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Who the heck would mess with a guy carrying a sword!?!
The guy carrying the gun.

Old 3/31/07, 03:36 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
They're also good for defending someone's life, hunting, sport, and collecting.
Who hunts with a handgun...?
Old 3/31/07, 04:25 PM
I lust for a M24

Who hunts with a handgun...?
Lots of people, for small game. Hitting a rabbit w/ a 30-06 would be a little overkill... sorry for the pun.
Old 4/2/07, 03:28 PM
GT Member

My baby...and my babies!

Post some pics, man!
Forgive the repost...but I am proud of both...
Attached Thumbnails If you have a flashy mustang...-8-21-2006-8.33-pm-new-stang.jpg   If you have a flashy mustang...-8-21-2006-8.40-pm-new-stang.jpg   If you have a flashy mustang...-8-21-2006-8.41-pm-new-stang.jpg   If you have a flashy mustang...-8-21-2006-8.421-pm-new-stang.jpg   If you have a flashy mustang...-8-21-2006-8.42-pm-pursley-boys-new-stang.jpg  

Old 4/2/07, 05:39 PM
Closet American

Now I remember. The pic of the two future Stangers in the back jogged my memory!

Nothing stands out like polished Redfire. Great looking car. Thanks for reposting...
Old 4/2/07, 06:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SpeedRoush
keep in mind it attracts attention good and BAD!! This afternoon I was leaving the mall headed back to the car and saw a suspicious guy in the parking lot. I had parked away from everyone else in a less used section of the mall parking lot but there were still alot of cars in the area. The next closest car was probably a lane and a half away.

Anyway, we're walking between cars and I notice this guy parallel to us headed in the direction of my car. Keep in mind there was only one other car in that direction and he seemed fixated on my car. I watched as he passed the last car before it would be obvious he was headed for mine and he paused then kept going. So I stopped with my woman behind an SUV to see what he was going to do. We were about 40yds from my car and he's headed for the driver side. He walked slowly up to my car then around the back. I couldn't quite see for sure from where I was but it looked like he tried my door. He walked around the back of the car glancing through the back window then kept walking through the parking lot.

Did he see us? I don't know.
Do I think he was up to no good? yes.

Like I told my girl, if you ever see someone screwing with the car in a parking lot go back in the mall/store/ crowded place and call the cops. If something doesn't feel right, go back inside and call the cops. Let them have the stupid thing. If someone wants something bad enough they'll find a way to steal it...

ps- recently in atlanta there's a crew cruising mall parking lots ambushing women and stealing their wedding rings...

keep your head up and eyes open in the parking lots.
Why dont you just unhook the computer before you leave your car? takes you about 30 seconds to do it and if you get someone thats a complete idiot they will give up as soon as they see the car wont start.
Old 4/2/07, 07:05 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Horrific_Ending
...and if you get someone thats a complete idiot they will give up as soon as they see the car wont start.
So you're saying that only a complete idiot can't figure out how to bypass the ignition system?

Quick Reply: If you have a flashy mustang...