Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to remove front bumper cover

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/08, 08:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
how to remove front bumper cover

grrr. just got back from the dealer.. Fog lights do not work and original owner told me they have not since new so I figured warranty.. They said that the plug for the fogs behind the front bumper cover was unplugged and that it would cost me over 2 hours labor to remove the front bumper cover to plug it back in. They said it could not have been left unpluged from the factory.(like that never happens..).. but it was and the prev owner never used the fogs so he did not have them even looked at by his dealer. Wonderful. How do I remove the front bumper cover? big job? Does anyone know where this 'plug' for the fogs they are talking about is? I assume the control module for the fogs is nestled behind the bumper cover. help!! Thanks
Old 6/6/08, 08:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey hopfully this helps you.

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/...all/index.html

Good luck with it
Old 6/6/08, 08:50 AM
V6 Member

I may be wrong but I wouldn't think you have to take the bumper cover off to get to the plug. When I put my grille in, I was able to reach the plug just by removing the radiator cover...
Old 6/6/08, 08:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

yea it shows it in that site i put up their he does take the plastic cover off not the bumper
Old 6/6/08, 08:53 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 06stage3
I may be wrong but I wouldn't think you have to take the bumper cover off to get to the plug. When I put my grille in, I was able to reach the plug just by removing the radiator cover...
+1. You shouldn't have to remove anything to plug in the fogs. Have you even checked to make sure they are not plugged in before you waste your time? Remove the 6 clips that hold the radiator cover in place. Remove the rad cover. You can see the back of the fogs and where the bulbs are inserted. Check to see if the connections are actually connected to the fog lights. If they are, then there is no point in removing the grille or the front bumper as it means you have a completely different problem. Perhaps a fuse? I am not sure if anything else is tied into the same fuse that the fogs use. Could be a few things. Anyway, if it is just the connections, you can easily get your hands in there and plug them in. I am a big guy and I was able to get my hands in there.
Old 6/7/08, 07:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
you were correct adrenalin..
5 minute job. Remove the top cover (6 plastic push nuts) remove (2) 10 mm bolts that holds the grill in and pull out the grill an inch or two and plug in the **** connectors. The dealer had to remove the top cover and see that the bulbs were not plugged in and could have reached down the done it themselves and they would have had a happy customer. Instead they chose to LIE to me and were attempting to charge me a few hundred for a 3 minute job.. Horrible... Thanks for everyones help... oh and BTW they bolts were never removed and everything under the cover was brand new. No overspray, no new part tags.. The car was never touched and the fogs were not plugged in from the factory. Just as the previous owner said..