2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

How Much Horsepower Can I add on my V6 08 with 4K?

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/10 | 09:16 PM
GT Member

Don't waste your money modding a V6. It would make much more sense to sell it and get a used GT. It will already have the power and it will have decent resale, unline the 6 (you'll never get the mod money back). Also, if you ever want to mod the GT, you'll have a far better starting point.

Or...keep your 6 as a daily driver, and use the $4K towards upgrading from an '11 V6 to an '11 GT. A huge part of the appeal of the Mustang is that V8 rumble. Without that, it's just another car to me.

Last edited by Novelty goat; 1/18/10 at 09:19 PM.
Old 1/19/10 | 05:52 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Novelty goat
Don't waste your money modding a V6. It would make much more sense to sell it and get a used GT. It will already have the power and it will have decent resale, unline the 6 (you'll never get the mod money back). Also, if you ever want to mod the GT, you'll have a far better starting point.

Or...keep your 6 as a daily driver, and use the $4K towards upgrading from an '11 V6 to an '11 GT. A huge part of the appeal of the Mustang is that V8 rumble. Without that, it's just another car to me.
It is almost impossible to get mod money back from a V-8 also. Unless you remove the parts and sell them or you get very lucky and find a buyer interested in a modded car. I personally would not buy a modded car as I have no way to determine if it had the crap run out of it or not. I say V-6 or V-8 mod away. The V-8 is probably a better platform for modding. Just my opinion.
Old 1/19/10 | 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Dude, just get the 2011 V6 on account of:
1) Better engine from the factory (would you rather have bullet-proof 300hp with a warranty, or squeeze 300hp out of a 210hp engine?)
2) Much much better interior

I would not even bother with a 05-09 GT...
this is where I was headed with my comment.. I don't remember saying anything about buying a GT... Way to jump to conclusions Busted... I mean... oh... wait... he wont be able to read this...

Thanks for having my back Tom

Last edited by codeman94; 1/19/10 at 06:04 AM.
Old 1/19/10 | 06:04 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
this is where I was headed with my comment.. I don't remember saying anything about buying a GT... Way to jump to conclusions Busted... I mean... oh... wait... he wont be able to read this...

****....I hate when that happens!
Old 1/19/10 | 11:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

He can READ it he just can't reply to it...

Old 1/19/10 | 05:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta View Post
Dude, just get the 2011 V6 on account of:
1) Better engine from the factory (would you rather have bullet-proof 300hp with a warranty, or squeeze 300hp out of a 210hp engine?)
2) Much much better interior

I would not even bother with a 05-09 GT...

Had you wrote it like this, I wouldnt have had an issue with it, but you wrote,

If I were you... I would not invest 4,000 into that car.....unless money is no object. Its already 3 model years old... and its V6.. I cant see it being worth it at all. Save your money for the 2011 if you want to go faster. $0.02
And thats where I took the exception to your post.. You made it sound like if it wasnt an 8 it aint worth it...

I was just pointing out something that apparently pissed off the management. Nice of them to bann me so I cant reply to questions or comments. Hell, I'll probably get banned again. (Ohh nice system ya got there,,, I didnt even need to change my IP address to create a new name.)

Originally Posted by Rjaniz
Who are you, the "Mustang Value Authority"? I've got news for you as well: a V8s resell value wasn't part of my statement. I was talking strictly about V6s. Further, given the proven history of car collecting, I find your "prediction" ridiculous.

30+ years ago, few thought their Mustangs would be pull in any sort of money in the future... but 30+ years later, classic mustangs, if well kept, can net some serious cash. In another 30+ years, I think it very possible of repeating. Sure circumstances will be changed, but the common reasons will be the same: Kids who were driven around by their parents in these cars are going to want them, people who have them now but must give them up because of financial or personal issues will want them, and a whole slew of others who just think the car "looks good" will want them.

Yes, the mustangs of today will definitely pull in money tomorrow, it just remains to be seen how many are around still to determine the prices. And V8s will definitely be sought after more than V6s.

Side note: way to show malice to someone who was agreeing with you.
Umm yeah! This is my 4th mustang and the first that isnt a V8 at MY choice. So yeah I have knowledge of selling a used car or two.
Let me address your issues,
First off. Just driving a car depreciates its value. The more ya drive it, the less its worth.
second. ANYTHING you do the car depreciates its value. NO modding!!!! NOTHING!! or its considered a restored car and thus not fetching the big bucks.
third. Who keeps ANYTHING for 30+ years after spending that kind of $$$ on it, and doesnt use it??
fourth. its a CAR!!! Not a piece of art.
fifth. Go to a Ford and or Mustang show and look at the 60's series cars. Now look to see how many of them are V6's A lot more then you think. Why? because people want something that is different or even harder to find then the same ol V8.

Side note: way to show malice to someone who was agreeing with you. No problem.

Equal opportunity offender!

Last edited by GTeatter; 1/19/10 at 05:27 PM.
Old 1/19/10 | 06:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GTeatter
Had you wrote it like this, I wouldnt have had an issue with it, but you wrote,

And thats where I took the exception to your post.. You made it sound like if it wasnt an 8 it aint worth it...

I was just pointing out something that apparently pissed off the management. Nice of them to bann me so I cant reply to questions or comments. Hell, I'll probably get banned again. (Ohh nice system ya got there,,, I didnt even need to change my IP address to create a new name.)

Umm yeah! This is my 4th mustang and the first that isnt a V8 at MY choice. So yeah I have knowledge of selling a used car or two.
Let me address your issues,
First off. Just driving a car depreciates its value. The more ya drive it, the less its worth.
second. ANYTHING you do the car depreciates its value. NO modding!!!! NOTHING!! or its considered a restored car and thus not fetching the big bucks.
third. Who keeps ANYTHING for 30+ years after spending that kind of $$$ on it, and doesnt use it??
fourth. its a CAR!!! Not a piece of art.
fifth. Go to a Ford and or Mustang show and look at the 60's series cars. Now look to see how many of them are V6's A lot more then you think. Why? because people want something that is different or even harder to find then the same ol V8.

Side note: way to show malice to someone who was agreeing with you. No problem.

Very few 6's at any classic car show I have ever been to, and I have been to many. Simply because they weren't desirable then, so people didn't preserve the cars (or they put a V8 in there), and they aren't desirable now. A perfect 65 with a 6 is worth a whole lot less than a perfect 65 with a 289. The same will be true years from now. The 8's are simply so much more desirable that a car like this is more or less a throwaway without it. Mustangs, and any muscle car except something like a GN, are simply not muscle cars without that V8 motor under the hood.

And actually, are you sure you ever saw any 60's Mustang with a V6? Weren't they straight 6's? In any case, the 6 has always been the budget motor or the motor for the lady buyer. If you don't fall into either of those categories there is no reason not to get the V8.

Last edited by Novelty goat; 1/19/10 at 06:36 PM.
Old 1/19/10 | 06:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Novelty goat
And actually, are you sure you ever saw any 60's Mustang with a V6? Weren't they straight 6's?
I stand corrected, they are straight 6 not V6. And by your conclusion, are more rare then the V8's. I see them all the time up here.
Old 1/19/10 | 06:43 PM
GT Member

I stand corrected, they are straight 6 not V6. And by your conclusion, are more rare then the V8's. I see them all the time up here.
Yes, far more rare...for a very good reason. Noboday wants them!
Old 1/19/10 | 07:04 PM
GT Member

my thoughts also being a v6 owner
1 moding our cars is to enjoy and drive, if looking for resale or making money out of something buy stocks
2 all older mustangs are still desired, an engine swap is very simple anymore if its wanted
3 i bought my v6 purposly to build it up, everybody just wants to buy a done car and not put any wrench time in (thats not a car hobbie in my eyes)
4 2010 and 2011 mustang (hate them)
5 for 4,000 if done right his six will smoke a v8 (go to mustangcollective.com)
6 give the man back his thread. we all love mustangs, who cares whos ***** are bigger
JMO
Old 1/23/10 | 07:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

You were banned originally because you violated several forum rules. We were hopeful that you would move on and request the site's wishes; it wasn't even a permanent ban so that you would have time to reconsider your actions. Joining again under a different username shows that you have no intention of following our requests. Please move on, you are no longer welcome here.
Old 1/23/10 | 08:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
You were banned originally because you violated several forum rules. We were hopeful that you would move on and request the site's wishes; it wasn't even a permanent ban so that you would have time to reconsider your actions. Joining again under a different username shows that you have no intention of following our requests. Please move on, you are no longer welcome here.

Thank Goodness!!
Old 1/26/10 | 12:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tom281
When you guys ban members temporarily do you let them know that was the case?
Old 1/26/10 | 05:14 PM
GT Member

That's a good question Nasty Stang! At IMBOC they just turn your account off and pretend that nothing has happened. They don't answer e-mails either. Uhhh, don't ask me how I know that.
Old 1/26/10 | 07:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1fastbob
That's a good question Nasty Stang! At IMBOC they just turn your account off and pretend that nothing has happened. They don't answer e-mails either. Uhhh, don't ask me how I know that.
Exactly.. Most forums do the same and I've never understood it. Obviously if the person did something bad enough to warrant a permanent ban than they probably know it but if it was questionable how do they know if it's for a week or a lifetime? Just my take on it.
Old 1/30/10 | 01:42 PM
Cobra Member

Do a 5.4 conversion
Old 2/2/10 | 05:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Deric
Do a 5.4 conversion
Wouldn't that be a hoot! Looks like a V6, Runs like the DEVIL....