2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

How accurate is the robot lady on orders

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/05, 10:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

My dealer told me Build week of April 4th and I called Sunday, Monday and early afternoon today tuesday and my build week was April 4th according to the robot lady. Now I tried it at 11:50 a.m. the Robot lady said as of April 11th your unit is locked in for production the week of April 11th. Has anybody gotten the same message as well? :bang:
Old 4/5/05, 10:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang@April 5, 2005, 9:04 PM
My dealer told me Build week of April 4th and I called Sunday, Monday and early afternoon today tuesday and my build week was April 4th according to the robot lady. Now I tried it at 11:50 a.m. the Robot lady said as of April 11th your unit is locked in for production the week of April 11th. Has anybody gotten the same message as well? :bang:
I see that you ordered almost a month ago and you already have a build week...either this week or next.
That's great considering others have ordered as far back as October and are still C/U.

Let's say your build week was moved to next week...that means that you'll have to wait a week or so longer for delivery.
Old 4/6/05, 04:18 AM
Bullitt Member

I am sorry you are not scheduled but that is the nature of the beast.

does anybody know how accurate the robot lady is?
Old 4/6/05, 04:55 AM
Cobra Member

I can't vouch for the ERL's accuracy, I've been scheduled to be built the week of April 11th, but the ERL still says "As of March 24th..." Somebody should tell the ERL that it's April! Is there a different ERL for every caller? I think that unlikely, but I don't know why she can't move past March 24th! Why do other callers hear her say "As of April such and such?"

I suppose if there's no change in status, there's no need to change the "As of..." date. Wishful thinking on my part?
Old 4/6/05, 05:02 AM
V6 Member

I just called the ERL and my message is still the same ( as of April 4 your vehicle is scheulded to be built week of April 4) I was hoping April 4 was the build date. I wonder if it is updated during the day or only at midnight?
Old 4/6/05, 05:15 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by elmo771@April 6, 2005, 6:05 AM
I just called the ERL and my message is still the same ( as of April 4 your vehicle is scheulded to be built week of April 4) I was hoping April 4 was the build date. I wonder if it is updated during the day or only at midnight?
Hey Mark, are you going to Spring Carlisle this year? Looks like you've already got a classic 'Stang in your driveway.

I don't know when the heck this ERL gets updated. Every time I call, I get "As of March 24th..." I wouldn't be so po'd about it if she said I was still C&U, but I've supposedly been scheduled for a build week! I'm not sure I should listen to the ERL with a guarded enthusiasm, or with relief anymore... :scratch:
Old 4/6/05, 05:38 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by CelticCub+April 6, 2005, 7:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CelticCub @ April 6, 2005, 7:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-elmo771@April 6, 2005, 6:05 AM
Hey Mark, are you going to Spring Carlisle this year? Looks like you've already got a classic 'Stang in your driveway.

I don't know when the heck this ERL gets updated. Every time I call, I get "As of March 24th..." I wouldn't be so po'd about it if she said I was still C&U, but I've supposedly been scheduled for a build week! I'm not sure I should listen to the ERL with a guarded enthusiasm, or with relief anymore... :scratch:
[/b][/quote]
Chris Yes we have had then 66 for quite a while. I would like to go to Carlisle but I will need to see how work is at the time.
My one female dog with Ford is with all the technology in the world to you think they could be a little more up to date with there information. GM can tell you what time the car carriers is going to arrive at the dealer.
Old 4/6/05, 05:59 AM
V6 Member

When I called yesterday it she said as of April 1st. Wierd that it's not the same for all. Of course I'm only C/U.
Old 4/6/05, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang@April 6, 2005, 3:21 AM
I am sorry you are not scheduled but that is the nature of the beast.

does anybody know how accurate the robot lady is?
I got my car on 12/28 after a 10 week wait (I ordered on 10/20)
As I said in my previous post your'e lucky to even have a build date (week of 4/3 or 4/11) considering others have been waiting several months for their cars and their orders are C/U.
In reality a change of build week from the 4th to the 11th isn't going to make much of a difference when your car arrives...let's say it takes two weeks to get to your dealer from the plant...if the car is built this week you should have it in two weeks...if it's built next week the car should be here in three weeks.

Anyway...congratulations on your build date, the car will be here before you know it.
Old 4/6/05, 10:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

The recording was sorta accurate. It was real close during my order process from Oct. 26th through Dec 15. I called many times wishing each time for a status change. During the delivery phase she actually moved me up a week.

I think if I didn't call Ford as often as I did, the 7+ week wait would have been a little easier. If only I was able to get this car off my mind during that process. Like you all know that are going through that process now, it is not an easy thing to do, keeping the car off your mind. Daily / weekly you are tempted to call for the hope of a change. Good luck to you all that are waiting. Just know that once you get the car, this long wait will become a distant memory. I can vouch for that.
Old 4/6/05, 11:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I called today and got "As of April 4th your vehicle is still C/U."