2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Help! Should I Order Somewhere Else?

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/04, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all. I've been visiting the site for several months and this is my first post. First off I would say to Brad that your site is THE BEST Mustang site on the web. Thanks to you and everyone else here for all the information and pics. It's all been very informative and entertaining.

Ok, now I need some advice please. I ordered a Satin Silver GT Premium back on 5/24/04. I put $1000 down and was the first one in placeing an order on the Z plan. I just talk to my dealer(again) today and he's tells my that I still don't have VIN# or build date. He also told me that they haven't started building them yet but they will in Oct. :angry: I told him yes they have and it started 9/7/04 other people have VIN#'s, build dates, etc... :angry: He said he doesn't know anything other than that priceing just came out today and that's was it. I was also told that cars will not show up till middle Nov. and someone would call me. He obviously does not have a clue about what's going on.

Anyways I was thinking about going to another dealer to re-place my order and then go back and get my money back. What do guys think? Is it too late in the game or should hold out? Thanks in advance.
Old 9/14/04, 11:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Sounds like this dealer is lazy and/or deceptive. What this dealer is putting you through is . If I were you, I'd first get back my $1000 and then go to a dealer that has a clue.
Old 9/14/04, 11:58 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by bryman@September 14, 2004, 11:57 PM
Sounds like this dealer is lazy and/or deceptive. What this dealer is putting you through is . If I were you, I'd first get back my $1000 and then go to a dealer that has a clue.
I agree
Old 9/15/04, 12:00 AM
Cobra R Member

Did you talk to a salesman or the dealership sales manager? If thats all your getting from the sales manager,then i would say go get it somewhere else.However if its a salesman telling you this,then simply go in and ask to talk to the sales manager.
Old 9/15/04, 02:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Silver Stang@September 14, 2004, 11:36 PM
He also told me that they haven't started building them yet but they will in Oct.
Show him this and then say poo on you.
Go somewhere else!
Old 9/15/04, 02:15 AM
Cobra Member

Eh, sounds like another uninformed person who is in the business of selling cars.

He's not a salesman, as that requires skill and knowledge.

I'd say just toilet paper his house, then you'll feel better.

That, or leave a jack-o-lantern on his doorstep with a knife through the skull holding a note that simply says, "YOU."

Or just request a new salesman.
Old 9/15/04, 04:47 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Get out of there quick- go somewhere else!
Old 9/15/04, 07:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am in the exact same boat. I ordered a Satin Silver GT back in early June and my salesman actually knows LESS than yours does because he didn't even know pricing is out. I can't tell if he is being so uniformative b/c he just doesn't know anything or if its because I am on the X plan so he is not making much off the deal. I have considered pulling my order and going somewhere else but now I feel like if I do that it will only set me back further in getting one. I am just going to wait it out. The next time I hear from this guy is probably when the car shows up and he wants his money. :notnice:
Old 9/15/04, 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

There could be a couple of reasons for the difficulty. It could be a bad dealer as well as a reluctance to deliver one of the first of this hot car at Z plan. Also, the first allocation of Mustangs was spread out for production through the second week of October. They are building them now but your dealer's limited allocation may not get pulled till October.
In any case, your dealer should keep you informed and be able to tell you pretty much exactly when your car is going to be pulled for production.
The problem you may have now is getting on the order list at another dealer willing to sell you a car at Z plan. No problem if your willing to wait, but if you want one soon I'd make a decision now.
Old 9/15/04, 09:08 AM
V6 Member

Yeah, I am surprised at how little some of the car dealers around here know, I was actually told that the car wouldn't be available 'til the spring, and that the only thing he knew about the car was "that izz gonna be quick" (insert best hick accent here).

The best thing to do is gather as much info as possible, and take it with you, if you get too much flak, there are always other dealers that would love to make a sale

Good Luck
Old 9/15/04, 01:10 PM

I talked to the Sales Manager at my Dealer and did confirm that the cars are in production but my order still has not been pulled for a VIN# or build date. He says he still dosen't know what the allowcation will be. I told that my priority code is an 11(of course 10 being the best) at that I was at the top of the list.

I still thinking about calling around to other dealers but I hope it won't be too late. On my Z plan Ford has offered an extra $1000 off that will expire end of Nov. I'm using my father in-laws plan. He's retired from Ford. I think he said I should be ok as long as I have ordered the car. Waiting since May 24 when I put my order with no info is driving me nuts. I'm on the west coast so does that make a difference?
Old 9/15/04, 01:12 PM
FR500 Member

AMAZING PIC ponyboy66!!!!!!!!!
Old 9/15/04, 01:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by tom_vilsack@September 15, 2004, 1:03 AM
Did you talk to a salesman or the dealership sales manager? If thats all your getting from the sales manager,then i would say go get it somewhere else.However if its a salesman telling you this,then simply go in and ask to talk to the sales manager.