2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with ordering process...

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/05, 10:34 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've found a dealer that will order me a car and honor x-plan. I'll be getting my order in after the 1st of the year.

Can someone familar with the process explain what goes on post order. I need some questions like the following answered:

* How long til I get a VIN

* What documents will he be able to provide and when - I've read about something called a DORA

* What is a DORA

* Anyone have a handle on current turn-around time for a 5 spd GT

I understand the whole allocation thing - and they've said they'll give me a priority code of 10 - I'm pretty sure that is as good as it gets from the deealer.

If anyone has any other questions that need answered - throw them in this thread. Any positive comments are greatly welcomed.

Thanks,
A-Rex (an ex-WRX owner getting a 'Stang!!!)
Old 12/20/05, 09:42 AM
Bullitt Member

I believe you will get your VIN just prior to the build week but I'm not sure; it may be sooner than that (maybe when serialized).

The DORA is the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment and is usually issued within 48 hours of when your order is placed. This will list all the options that were ordered along with the dealer code, body type and order number needed to check the automated phone system (aka, evil robot lady).

Current turnaround time is directly affected by allocation and the number of orders in front of you at your dealership. For me it will be have been 6 1/2 months from ordering to taking delivery but it all depends on your dealer.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Konrad
Old 12/21/05, 08:44 AM
Cobra Member

[quote=A-Rex,December 19, 2005, 11:37 PM]
I've found a dealer that will order me a car and honor x-plan. I'll be getting my order in after the 1st of the year.

Go to the Ask a salesperson thread. There are sections on plan buying as well as the entire buying process. This will answer most questions.
Old 12/21/05, 08:49 PM
GT Member

Why don't yeaaa wait till march and order a 2007 GT???
If you order now you might see it till may or june.At least if you order one in early March you can see it in July Or Early Aug.......
Onless you can buy one from a fords lots.....
I don't think you will ever see the 2007 and you will order one in June but you might not see that car till sometime in 2007 if you are lucky (depends on how big the dealer is}because everyone will be odering the new 2007 in march of 2006............Wait till March...JT
Old 12/22/05, 08:44 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
you could try the bigger dealers in Florida- good chance they'll have what you want or can get it right away. I'm in ohio, but was in Florida a couple weeks ago and at Gary Yeomans in Daytona they had a line of (11) gt coupes- and a ton of v6's/convertibles...plus gts just sitting around the lots/showroom. If you order thru a big dealer they will get you a vin the following thursday- if youre up north, you might sit up to 6-9 months before getting a vin. It sucks. If youre lucky, you might find exactly what you want there on the lot- fly down for 99 bucks and get a beautiful 2 day breakin trip back home- if you live in the midwest anyhow...
For the complete lowdown on ordering, go to blueovalforums.com(its temporarily offline again today) and look in the 'ford employees' thread- factory guy 'Kzinti' will help you with anything about your order(but he'll be away for 2 weeks vacation). In the 'to ford management' thread, theres a detailed/lengthy allocation explanation of how it works, and why it can suck. Its not just allocation- bigger thing is commodity holds- 5 speeds have been tight, 18" wheels held up a lot too. I think IUP and active alarm have been holdups too.
If I'd had to do it all over again, I'd say just order thru florida, for 150 bucks they'll have it delivered directly to dealer of your choosing(it never goes to florida) and they can guarantee 10 weeks order to delivery- seen some guys get in just over 4 weeks...the system sucks, might as well use whatever works to your advantage.