2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

It has begun

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/05, 04:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the years, I have had my share of comments from idiots that did not know what they were talking about.

One occasion that sticks out in my mind was a couple of years ago. I had my 2000 Mustang GT at the time. There was some construction on the main road coming into the neighborhood so the road was broken up and there was dirt and gravel on the road. One night when I was coming into the neighborhood, I was doing about 10-15 MPH down the road, because with it's condition it was a very bumpy ride. Shortly after a stop sign, there was a group of people standing out in the street, and as they heard my engine rev up a little, (10 MPH), one of them had the nerve to yell "Slow down" as I was approaching.

Knowing I was doing half the speed limit, it pissed me off a bit, so I decided I would return the favor. Almost immediately, I just floored it, and with all the dirt and gravel, the tires began spinning and I through up a huge dust cloud for them to breathe as I went past them.

I know, it was a bit rude, but it made me feel better!
Old 10/9/05, 08:08 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think its mostly being young and having a mean ride.I grew up in Cape Coral ,Fl.and all the blue hairs were always complaining about the high school crowd.no crime in the town so the cops had a field day harassing us all the time.I used to call it Cape Coma,home of the newly wed and the nearly dead
Old 10/10/05, 07:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

They prolly heard the sound of your exhaust and assume you were 1) peeling out and 2) speeding.
Old 10/10/05, 07:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

IF he wants to be rude and jealous about it I say put on an after market exhaust and rubb it in his face.
Old 10/10/05, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
low intellect - they cannot differentiate between exhaust note and vehicle speed - lol unfortunately, it is the norm...

the Cops & the Punks, good one John !
Old 10/11/05, 12:33 PM
FR500 Member

lol lets start a club....kids with 05 mustangs.....i get alotta complaints too. but i tell my parents if there really was a problem it would show with tickets
Old 10/11/05, 02:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@October 11, 2005, 11:36 AM
lol lets start a club....kids with 05 mustangs.....i get alotta complaints too. but i tell my parents if there really was a problem it would show with tickets
I'd join it. The 16-24 year old crowd gets alot of crap when they have a nice car. Our cars look expensive, and they look/sound fast (not saying that they aren't fast ). I do 25 religiously when I'm driving through neighborhoods. I was driving away from a stop sign, and some guy comes running out to the street yelling "Slow the f**k down you a**hole!". Young Mustang owners, we must rise up against oppression, and deliver a large sack of burnout to our oppressors.
Old 10/11/05, 03:28 PM
GT Member

Sorry guys (girls), I don't think that it's an age thing. I'm 44 years old and am a proud owner of a 05 GT. So proud in fact, that I don't behave like an ___hole every time I take my car out. I reserve my need for speed for the Midwest country roads near home.
I can't tell you how many times I've been told to show me/us what you got or was challenged by a 16 year old in a Saturn. My normal response is to smile and back off. I get my satisfaction on a long, straight country road just begging my to drive this car the way it was designed (+ mods). It would be very easy to react to everyones challenge but I'll probably live longer and enjoy my car more if I maintain my current response to challenges.
Old 10/11/05, 04:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by p61cbi@October 11, 2005, 1:31 PM
Sorry guys (girls), I don't think that it's an age thing. I'm 44 years old and am a proud owner of a 05 GT. So proud in fact, that I don't behave like an ___hole every time I take my car out. I reserve my need for speed for the Midwest country roads near home.
I can't tell you how many times I've been told to show me/us what you got or was challenged by a 16 year old in a Saturn. My normal response is to smile and back off. I get my satisfaction on a long, straight country road just begging my to drive this car the way it was designed (+ mods). It would be very easy to react to everyones challenge but I'll probably live longer and enjoy my car more if I maintain my current response to challenges.
huh :scratch:

I think I remember what happened now. The only time I ever went into this left hand turnlane in front of myschool was like a month ago. I remember someone let me in, so I went, the guy in front had a clear road to make a left I didn't see the pedestrians on the other side of the street cause his car was obstructing my view so I honked. My mistake. But what he told my mom was different. He said I peeled out of the parking lot and was nearly in his rear bumper. I did nothing of the such. Oh well, I made a little mistake and some guy decided to exaggerate to try and make me seem like a wreckless kid. I'm over it and nothing happened to me. I really hope I meet this guy someday.
Old 10/11/05, 04:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rfbandit@October 11, 2005, 2:17 PM
I was driving away from a stop sign, and some guy comes running out to the street yelling "Slow the f**k down you a**hole!".
Usual procedure is to do a 20 second burnout right there. But I let people slide sometimes.