2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

GT500 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/07, 05:48 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that all black looks really good! I think black can get by with out the stripes better than other colors. it does look stealthy....
Old 1/23/07, 10:17 PM

I had the same thing getting a Stage 3.

I drove by the lot one night and got out to look at the car and no one even bothered to come talk to me. They wanted like 8k ADM. Then my wife called them and they blew her off completely and said to come down to the dealer. So we bagged it.

Then I drove by there again about a month later and this time a guy did talk to me, but he was clearly uninterested in making any kind of realistic deal. He even told me they had another offer, but the guy wasn't returning any of their phone calls. Yeah, right! Who the heck makes an offer on a Stage 3 and then doesn't return the phone calls??? Kind of ironic the car sat there for two months, and the day before I come and make an offer they get another offer?? lol

I had previously initiated an email conversation with the dealership that wasn't really going anywhere, but they happened to reply to it a few days later, asking if I was going to ever come down and look at the car. I said I did, but you guys don't want to sell the dang thing, and then I restated the EXACT same offer. She called me almost immediately, and within the week we had the deal done. Might have been done that very day if I wasn't snowed in.

The moral I guess is don't give up if one sales agent refuses to sell. Course I realize it's a whole different ballgame on a GT500.

Originally Posted by classj
True in some, but not all cases. Not when a dealer local to me got one in 3 months ago, put a price of 70K on it in the showroom, and it has been collecting dust. People have made offers on the car, including myself, and have been shot down and told "nope, we want 70K" and it has not moved. My friend offered 60 for it before christmas and was shot down (he since decided on a ZO6). I guess the dealer either wants the foot traffic or is greedy. Or the GM wants it for himself unless he can sell it for 27 over??

Mind you, this same dealer chain has had a ZO6 for 10K over for 3.5-4 months and will not budge on that one either.
Old 1/24/07, 01:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Stangette
Most observers on the street think it is a "sleeper" until they see the front end and wonder where you went upon hitting 3rd. GT500s tend to be preceived like a GT from the side and the back.

PACETTR;- nice GT500
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Tom_Oliver

I drove by the lot one night and got out to look at the car and no one even bothered to come talk to me. They wanted like 8k ADM. Then my wife called them and they blew her off completely and said to come down to the dealer. So we bagged it.

Then I drove by there again about a month later and this time a guy did talk to me, but he was clearly uninterested in making any kind of realistic deal. He even told me they had another offer, but the guy wasn't returning any of their phone calls. Yeah, right! Who the heck makes an offer on a Stage 3 and then doesn't return the phone calls??? Kind of ironic the car sat there for two months, and the day before I come and make an offer they get another offer?? lol

I had previously initiated an email conversation with the dealership that wasn't really going anywhere, but they happened to reply to it a few days later, asking if I was going to ever come down and look at the car. I said I did, but you guys don't want to sell the dang thing, and then I restated the EXACT same offer. She called me almost immediately, and within the week we had the deal done. Might have been done that very day if I wasn't snowed in.

The moral I guess is don't give up if one sales agent refuses to sell. Course I realize it's a whole different ballgame on a GT500.
Wish you were closer...we have a Stage 3 and a 427R; no ADM.
Old 1/26/07, 09:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom_Oliver

The Roush Dealer here sells Stg 3 and 427R with no ADMs. Come in to our Showroom and we serve everyone. Of course, initially, we will wait back and allow our Clients to check out the cars at their privacy, and then offer our assistance. Even so, i have had to work with many Clients late at night over the phone on their Roush Cars and they were happy with their cars. You should be happy with your Roush, albeit it is sad you had to have a poor buying experiance.

Sounds like the Salesmen who "would not return your calls" and lied to you, was not as good as the final Salesmen. At our shop, they would not be there after a failure like that.
Old 1/26/07, 11:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome thanks for sharing! First off no one in there right mind would not get one of these if they could afford it (and were not being ripped off). The GT500 is worth every penny of MSRP, that being said the regular GT is no slouch, even bone stock the GT is a great car and in the long run a better car for mods. But man that GT500 is cool

Oh and I like this car better as a coupe with or with out stripes.