Beautiful car.
Old 4/15/07 | 12:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Congrats on finally getting your car!

Can't wait to see the pix!!!!
Old 4/15/07 | 07:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Took delivery this afternoon. Haven't taken any pics yet.

Even the fabric zip-up wallet Ford gives you to hold the literature doesn't fit in the glove box.
Congrats on getting your 'Stang!!!

The zipup wallet will fit in the glove box. You need to angle it and the door will close. You would think they would design the wallet to fit PERFECTLY in the glove box!

I could not resist adding this:
Old 4/15/07 | 08:01 AM
Cobra Member

Finally! Congrats man! I just learned yesterday that the first car I ordered (misordered) arrived at the dealer last week which means they had it basically one week after production. My second car is due to be built this week so theoretically I should be picking mine up the week after next! Yeah!!!!
Old 4/16/07 | 05:36 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Took delivery this afternoon...
... and pics - ASAP.

Well? Do you have any rmays pics... I mean, the GT?

Old 4/16/07 | 06:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Took delivery this afternoon. Haven't taken any pics yet - been too busy today...then busy giving her a good bath and chamois dry tonight (no time for claybar or wax yet; gotta go out of town tomorrow). And, of course, now it's dark.

The two-tone Katzkin interior with the Redfire is

All the sales folks were coming out to look at her before I took delivery, and I'm told a few guys were gawking over her at the gas station when the salesperson was filling her up prior to my delivery.

Stunning car. I do wish there was more storage space in the interior. Even the fabric zip-up wallet Ford gives you to hold the literature doesn't fit in the glove box.

And I did notice some vibration in the steering wheel at highway speed. May be an alignment/mounting issue due to the new tires (though they assured me they'd taken care of that properly). Anyway, will have to sort that one out.

To answer this question >>

Yeah, iPod connector is in the center console cubby between the seats - standard stereo mini-plug input.

And, no, the NAV does not control the iPod - few do yet. You'll have to use the iPod's screen directly. No biggie, I just rest it in the back most cupholder so I can easily switch playlists if I want.

Too tired to type now - will post more observations - and pics - ASAP.

No problem, that is what I was expecting. I can live with that.

Enjoy your new car!!!
Old 4/16/07 | 11:20 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Tispco
THIS THREAD CONTAINS PICS A COUPLE OF PAGES BACK!

OK, OK, they're old pics... but hey, they're still pics!
Old 4/16/07 | 11:29 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

Well? Do you have any rmays pics... I mean, the GT?

Out of town right now - in a place where it keeps raining.

Will try and get some preliminary pics of the completed car posted later tomorrow.

Amazing how these cars STILL attract attention, especially when they're red and shiny.

Overall: love it. The car really does look spectacular, but in a classy, not over-the-top way.

Issues? Only a few: as I mentioned before, the car could use more interior storage space; I still have that steering wheel shimmy at 55 MPH and above; on the inside where the front windshield is joined to the car, the seam area as it tucks under the interior plastic pillar molding is kind of gunky...in other words, there is what looks like dried, smeared black calking or glue that is quite visible; rather unfinished and sloppy looking, as if the excess glue that was used to help adhere the windshield to the body wasn't properly wiped away.

Oh, and the issue of the RPMs not dropping when you take your foot off the accelerator? It's not something I've even noticed, frankly, leastwise not such that it's jumped out at me.
Old 4/17/07 | 08:46 AM
Bullitt Member

OK, OK, they're old pics... but hey, they're still pics!
We just want to see pics of YOUR car with YOUR NEW interior in it! We're very impatient!!!!!!!!
Old 4/17/07 | 08:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Oh, and the issue of the RPMs not dropping when you take your foot off the accelerator? It's not something I've even noticed, frankly, leastwise not such that it's jumped out at me.
I agree. I have not noticed this either. Maybe they fixed it for Job 2??
Old 4/17/07 | 09:06 AM
Cobra Member

Issues? Only a few: as I mentioned before, the car could use more interior storage space; I still have that steering wheel shimmy at 55 MPH and above; on the inside where the front windshield is joined to the car, the seam area as it tucks under the interior plastic pillar molding is kind of gunky...in other words, there is what looks like dried, smeared black calking or glue that is quite visible; rather unfinished and sloppy looking, as if the excess glue that was used to help adhere the windshield to the body wasn't properly wiped away.

HEY CONGRATS on delivery. I know how particular we all can be about posting pics of of cars so I forgive you for not having pics ready. Enjoy the ride.

Have not noticed the RPM thing either, my V6 had the same glue thing as well. I just took a exacto blade (or Ice scraper) and got it off, it will ooze for a few months but after a few washes and temperature changes it will stop. Never heard of the steering wheel shimmy, where did you find out about it?
Old 4/17/07 | 10:03 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
Never heard of the steering wheel shimmy, where did you find out about it?
On the highway at 55 MPH when it started vibrating back and forth in my left hand.

Hopefully, it's only something simple - and related to the BF Goodrich KDW II 255/45 R18 tires that were (perhaps improperly) installed.
Old 4/17/07 | 05:49 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

... and the issue of the RPMs not dropping when you take your foot off the accelerator? It's not something I've even noticed, frankly, leastwise not such that it's jumped out at me.
It's there for a reason. It saves Ford and other automobile manufacturers tons of money on gears, clutch, and transmission warranty replacements.
Old 4/17/07 | 10:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

On the highway at 55 MPH when it started vibrating back and forth in my left hand.

Hopefully, it's only something simple - and related to the BF Goodrich KDW II 255/45 R18 tires that were (perhaps improperly) installed.
I read somewhere on here about the factory not removing a piece that is between the wheel and rotor. (Maybe earlier in this thread?)
Old 4/17/07 | 10:12 PM
Closet American

A "piece"...?
Old 4/17/07 | 10:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Perfect someone else now has a "PIECE" of the action.
Old 4/17/07 | 11:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was referring to the retainer clips. Read on here that someone removed them to seat the wheels properly. I think even they came from the factory with some on and some off.

It's something to check.
Old 4/18/07 | 01:06 AM
Closet American

Smile OK...Finally Some New Pics!

I finally had a chance yesterday to shoot some new images of the car with the first round of mods completed (including the two-tone interior). I didn't get any shots of the backs of the front seats, because it was too difficult shooting into the sun. These were taken with my point & shoot. When the car is fully detailed I will take some serious shots with my D-SLR, which allows much greater flexibility. But at least these will give you the general idea. Already this car has received several complements (I think my buddy with the Lexus IS350 is a bit frustrated, cause he never gets complements on his car ) >>

Old 4/18/07 | 05:14 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Looking good.