Got The Call...It's Almost Here!

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/07, 09:12 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
That's a beauty, BC.
Thanks, dude!

When the new interior is in, it should be a bit of a head turner.
Old 3/31/07, 09:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well congrats I bet April 11 can't come soon enough, best of luck she is a beaut!
Old 3/31/07, 09:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Why can't you take it home until the seats come in? I'd be pickin' that bad boy up tomorrow.
Old 3/31/07, 09:27 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
I think Walt's interior will work quite well with Redfire.
The GT looks great!

Is there a color available for the leather that would match or come close th the Redfire?
Old 3/31/07, 09:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks great, I can already see the countdown to doom gas warning on the info center screen you will learn to loathe Get some mirror caps!
Old 3/31/07, 09:36 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
The GT looks great!

Is there a color available for the leather that would match or come close th the Redfire?
I think it will come fairly close. Remember that Redfire really changes color depending upon the lighting condition it is in. In these pics it really does look "fiery," because the sun is setting on it. Under cloudy conditions, the Katzkin interior will probably match more closely, because the Redfire takes on more of a burgundy appearance.

I also haven't seen the Katzkin's under different lighting conditions, either.

Bottom line: too many variables to know whether you are getting an exact match, and under what conditions.
Old 3/31/07, 09:38 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Why can't you take it home until the seats come in? I'd be pickin' that bad boy up tomorrow.
I could. But I'm not.

The reason is strategic: I don't want to sign off on her and take delivery until the new interior is in...and done to my satisfaction.

I've waited this long - a few more days won't kill me.
Old 3/31/07, 09:40 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by kevinb120
Looks great, I can already see the countdown to doom gas warning on the info center screen you will learn to loathe
"Twelve days to zero."

You mean, "learn to LOVE," don't you? I will never tire of the NAV system, believe me. And the audio portion offers much more flexibility, too, with the touchscreen control. Then there's the Delphi vs. Pioneer quality issue.

No contest, IMHO.

Get some mirror caps!
Yep, already got the part # written down from Midwest Auto Gear. It will be an early mod.
Old 3/31/07, 09:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Not the nav, the infamous 50 miles to empty warning sequence in the info center. It goes off every 4 miles or so until you fill it up.
Old 3/31/07, 09:45 PM
Closet American

Not the nav, the infamous 50 miles to empty warning sequence in the info center. It goes off every 4 miles or so until you fill it up.
Ahhhhh, yes. Heard about that. That will be a true annoyance.
Old 3/31/07, 09:53 PM
Bullitt Member

They might have gotten rid of that. I have a 07 Job 2 and I have not noticed any warning. I almost ran out of gas on my first tank. I was on E with 10 miles to empty when I filled up. I had the info center on miles to empty and the only change was it said 'Low' on the top line. No warnings. I'll have to look more carefully next time.
Old 3/31/07, 09:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Ahhhhh, yes. Heard about that. That will be a true annoyance.
I've never heard it.
Old 3/31/07, 10:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Tispco
They might have gotten rid of that. I have a 07 Job 2 and I have not noticed any warning. I almost ran out of gas on my first tank. I was on E with 10 miles to empty when I filled up. I had the info center on miles to empty and the only change was it said 'Low' on the top line. No warnings. I'll have to look more carefully next time.
It doesn't beep anymore but it still shows up in the info center. I'm about at 1/4 tank(only the 2nd tank), I will let it run down to see what happens. The second it came on the first time I stopped and filled it out of habit from the 06. The 06 was mind numbing, particularly being able to drive to work 4 or more times in under 50 miles.
Old 4/2/07, 11:21 PM
GT Member

Cool

This looks really sharp, better IMHO than the all red seats. I will get some skins for mine when my leather/vinyl starts to wear out. Are you doing the back seats also??

What is the doo dad sitting to the right of the nav centre with the wire coming out of the glove box???

It must be killing you to not take her home, so close to being yours
Old 4/2/07, 11:44 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by twokidsnosleep
This looks really sharp, better IMHO than the all red seats. I will get some skins for mine when my leather/vinyl starts to wear out. Are you doing the back seats also??
Thanks for the kind words, Scott.

Yeah, I'm doing the back seats, too. Just as you see it in Walt's photos.

What is the doo dad sitting to the right of the nav centre with the wire coming out of the glove box???
That's the Mobile Ease fob; the Bluetooth wireless interface for your cell phone.

It must be killing you to not take her home, so close to being yours
I've learned a lot of patience over the years.

But I am finding the process is taking a little longer than it ought to. I contacted the upholstry installer last week with details about what I wanted to do - and sent him the photos. These are the folks who are officially recognized in Vancouver by Katzkin (Dealer Sunroof and Leather). I called him again today, and he said that all he had to do now was contact Katzkin to find out if a letter from the dealership would be sufficient to have them embroider the Pony logo onto the seat backs. With such a letter - and the P.O. from the dealer - he could go ahead and order the product, which takes four days to get here from California.

Well, I couldn't understand why he wasn't just going to call Katzkin today. I called Katzkin this afternoon myself, and had an answer to the question in less than two minutes. "Yes, all we need is a letter from your dealership." Boom, done. The order COULD have been placed today. Now we're into Tuesday. If he doesn't get the order processed Tuesday, I will pull the plug on these guys and go with the upholstry installer the dealer frequently uses (who also do Katzkin).

There's simply no reason for my brand new car to sit on the lot a day longer than necessary because the installer can't get around to making a two minute phone call.
Old 4/3/07, 08:41 PM
GT Member

What other mods do you have planned???

I would go with who your dealer knows and get it done ASAP rather than use someone who is waiting for the long weekend to arrive.
Old 4/3/07, 08:53 PM
Closet American

What other mods do you have planned???
Rest of the mods are in my sig - though it's changed slightly now.

I would go with who your dealer knows and get it done ASAP rather than use someone who is waiting for the long weekend to arrive.
Well, he had his last chance today, and he never contacted me. Their installation bay is in Richmond (Bathgate Way, just behind IKEA), and I decided to go out there late this afternoon to scope them out. Wasn't impressed. Just a single bay with one vehicle inside. It only appeared to be staffed by a middle aged Chinese couple whose English was barely intelligible.

So it looks as though I am going to have Northwest Automotive Leather do the Katzkin install after all.
Old 4/14/07, 01:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Supper time more likely.

I was back at the dealer tonight to have a closer look at the car, and play with the techno-gadgets. Pretty sweet overall. The Mobile Ease (despite its odd placement on the passenger side of the dash) seems to work quite well and integrates nicely into the NAV system (which comes up "phone" when using the Mobile Ease). The Mobile Ease fob is also back lit, which is awesome for night use. The satellite radio is alot cooler than I thought it would be. Pretty wicked being able to listen to BBC1 from anywhere in North America!

And I'm pleased to report that the iPod auxillary input on the NAV/stereo works brilliantly!

The combination of the NAV with the dark applique and the red interior and the solid aluminum shift ring with aluminum bezel looks really, really sharp, IMHO. I am very impressed with the visual presentation of the package I ordered.

The other manager who was in tonight reiterated that the NAV package probably won't be available on the '08 Stangs, as the supplier just doesn't have enough to cover the entire Ford model range.

Been wanting to ask about this before. Can you actually control the ipod from the screen or do you still have to actually control it from the ipod itself?

Also, did it come with the ipod connector? Still getting mixed responses to this that it is dealer installed or comes in the car already.

All in all I can't wait to see the finished car and love the seats. I will be using Katzkin for my interior as well later down the road.
Old 4/14/07, 02:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

The connector is in the glove box. I've never tried one in the nav before, I think you still have to use the display on the Ipod
Old 4/14/07, 11:02 PM
Closet American

Smile Update...She's Home!

Took delivery this afternoon. Haven't taken any pics yet - been too busy today...then busy giving her a good bath and chamois dry tonight (no time for claybar or wax yet; gotta go out of town tomorrow). And, of course, now it's dark.

The two-tone Katzkin interior with the Redfire is

All the sales folks were coming out to look at her before I took delivery, and I'm told a few guys were gawking over her at the gas station when the salesperson was filling her up prior to my delivery.

Stunning car. I do wish there was more storage space in the interior. Even the fabric zip-up wallet Ford gives you to hold the literature doesn't fit in the glove box.

And I did notice some vibration in the steering wheel at highway speed. May be an alignment/mounting issue due to the new tires (though they assured me they'd taken care of that properly). Anyway, will have to sort that one out.

To answer this question >>

Originally Posted by MilStang
Been wanting to ask about this before. Can you actually control the ipod from the screen or do you still have to actually control it from the ipod itself?

Also, did it come with the ipod connector? Still getting mixed responses to this that it is dealer installed or comes in the car already.

All in all I can't wait to see the finished car and love the seats. I will be using Katzkin for my interior as well later down the road.
Yeah, iPod connector is in the center console cubby between the seats - standard stereo mini-plug input.

And, no, the NAV does not control the iPod - few do yet. You'll have to use the iPod's screen directly. No biggie, I just rest it in the back most cupholder so I can easily switch playlists if I want.

Too tired to type now - will post more observations - and pics - ASAP.