2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Gorgeous Charcoal Interior Shot

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/04, 06:59 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am glad I ordered the charcoal with leather now Thanks for the awesome pics.
Old 9/8/04, 07:03 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dan,

I think you should go with the charcoal... I think the red on red would look a little "overbearing"

If I were buying a Black Mustang, or if they had a better silver (like DSG or titanium) I would get the red leather.
Old 9/8/04, 08:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan,

Thanks a bunch, thats a great shot. I ordered the charcoal leather also and I am extreamly happy now......

I also think the red on red is too much...
Old 9/8/04, 08:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Black, White, and Mineral are the only colors I'd put red leather in. If I get Redfire I'll get dark charcoal interior... If I go for Windveil or Legend Lime probably light graphite.

The only problem is that I HATE the grey interiors... My Civic is the most boring interior on the face of the earth and it's all grey (ala Light Graphite). I'm leaning towards Redfire & Dark Charcoal
Old 9/8/04, 08:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Was this pic a pre-production design that won't be used?

It looks darker than the pictures on this thread. It could just be the flash of the camera I guess. Also, I remember a previous discussion about the stitching on the seats being different on the V6s and the GTs. Which one of these seat designs will the production GTs have?
Old 9/8/04, 10:09 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Galaxie@September 8, 2004, 9:06 AM
Dan,

I think you should go with the charcoal... I think the red on red would look a little "overbearing"

If I were buying a Black Mustang, or if they had a better silver (like DSG or titanium) I would get the red leather.
Eh....not sure right now (what else is new?). But to be honest, I still love the red interior. Its not as overbearing as there are tons of charcoal accents. I'd also remove those floor mats :notnice: So, just the seats and the door inserts will be red. I can live with that.

But, I would definatley like to see the charcoal inside a red car. Previous to this car, my favorite interior was black/charcoal with anything.
Old 9/8/04, 11:03 AM

In the pic posted by USMC is that charcoal as well or is that graphite? In the first pic on this thread the seats look pretty dark, but not in the second charcoal pic. Thanks
Old 9/8/04, 11:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

It looks like the seats in the 05 looks to be made of high quality material. The leather in older stangs looks cheap IMO. The interior looks awesome in charcoal. One thing I noticed though, does the e-brake handle get in the way? In the pic, the e-brake is obviously engaged, but it looks like if it wasn't, it might get in the way.
Old 9/8/04, 12:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The leather in current cars are the worst. Red or light grey will be a lot easier to keep up on then dark charcoal over time too.
Old 9/8/04, 01:05 PM
Cobra Member

the reds seats are nice but im getting charcoal
Old 9/8/04, 06:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Those pics of the charcoal are fabulous
Old 9/8/04, 07:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Dan+September 8, 2004, 10:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dan @ September 8, 2004, 10:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Galaxie@September 8, 2004, 9:06 AM
Dan,

Eh....not sure right now (what else is new?). But to be honest, I still love the red interior. Its not as overbearing as there are tons of charcoal accents. I'd also remove those floor mats :notnice: So, just the seats and the door inserts will be red. I can live with that.

But, I would definatley like to see the charcoal inside a red car. Previous to this car, my favorite interior was black/charcoal with anything.[/b][/quote]
Dan, for what it's worth, I think the red sets it off. Look at the grey int., then look at the red/grey int. But just to make sure, before a guy puts out that kind of change; maybe you should wait until they arrive on the lots, so you can see it for yourself in person. That's the road I'm going. That way, you'd be sure. Better to be safe than sorry. Either way you win! {2005 Mustang} no matter what color. You'll also be the coolest dude on your street! :drive: :drive:
Old 9/8/04, 07:46 PM
V6 Member

Personally, i think the red leather interior is a beautiful touch to the mustang. adds a bit of class to it. Ever since i sat in my friends B(reak) M(y) W(indows) 330ci with red leather interior, i've always wanted it in the mustang. Thank you Ford Gods for answering my prayers.
Old 9/8/04, 09:37 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Merlot+September 8, 2004, 9:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Merlot @ September 8, 2004, 9:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Dan@September 8, 2004, 10:12 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Galaxie
@September 8, 2004, 9:06 AM
Dan,

But, I would definatley like to see the charcoal inside a red car. Previous to this car, my favorite interior was black/charcoal with anything.
Dan, for what it's worth, I think the red sets it off. Look at the grey int., then look at the red/grey int. But just to make sure, before a guy puts out that kind of change; maybe you should wait until they arrive on the lots, so you can see it for yourself in person. That's the road I'm going. That way, you'd be sure. Better to be safe than sorry. Either way you win! {2005 Mustang} no matter what color. You'll also be the coolest dude on your street! :drive: :drive: [/b][/quote]
Yup, I have time to see it in person anyway as I'm ordering for the spring. I still like the red and that'll probably be what I get. I thought and still think its pretty cool. Not too overdone. Seats and panels. Everything else is black/charcoal.

But the charcoal is definately sweet as well especially looking at the pic I posted.
Old 9/8/04, 09:40 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by ManEHawke@September 7, 2004, 11:56 PM
If i got a redire ext id get the charcoal. Black ext with red int. I love the way the car looks in black and red.
OMG THE RED INT WITH BLACK EXT IS WHAT IM GETTING CUZ IT LOOKS SOOO GOOD!! i sat in the redfire GT with red interior. and even tho its soooooo dam gorgeous u cant have red and red its way too much.
Old 9/8/04, 09:44 PM
GT Member

I know everyone loves the red and dark charcoal interior (probably b/c they are getting red, black, and blue cars mostly), and no doubt they do look good, but I really dig the unpopular light graphite!! I think it will look smooth with the Satin Silver

Actually Satin Silver is one of the few colors that would look great in dark charcoal, red, or light graphite. Black & Red = Sweet! Red & Dark Charcoal = Sweet. Too many good choices really.
Old 9/8/04, 10:21 PM
Cobra Member

Just to clarify someone's question earlier, the original charcoal pic Dan posted is from the V6.

The GT leather gets the ribbed stitching pattern. Both look great, though.
Old 9/9/04, 01:54 AM
Bullitt Member

I've had a red car with a red interior and it didn't overwhelm me at any time during my ownership. Of course it was a Chrysler Laser and so I was more worried about it catching fire.

Early in the thread a couple of you indicated you didn't know about the color changing technology. (I believe one post speculated that we were talking about StreetGlow lights.) Brad's info pages on the '05 explain what this is, so you might want to check it out. You'll be able to change the color of all your dials any time the mood strikes you.

So if I'm in a green dial mood, will it clash with my red leather? Another question for Queer Eye....

Old 9/9/04, 05:52 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by ManEHawke@September 7, 2004, 11:56 PM
If i got a redire ext id get the charcoal. Black ext with red int. I love the way the car looks in black and red.

only if i had the money.......
BLACK WITH RED INTERIOR LOOKS SO GOOD
Old 9/9/04, 05:54 AM
GT Member

sry had to add this pic too i just think that car looks so darn good :worship: