different direction with this thread.

I ordered my 2005 Mustang Gt on January 20th 2005, I am one of
the stinkers who ordered the active anti theft system only because
of the Global Windows feature. February 12th the following is posted
by 05fordgt. I wasn't too concerned as long as the Global open feature
still worked from the remote.

Febuary 4th 2005
Mustang 2005- Deactivation of door activated Global open feature

"All 2005 Mustang Coupes and Convertibles built after 1/1/2005 that are equipped with the Active Anti-Theft Package will have the door lock-activated portion of the Global Open feature deactivated. The feature will continue to be available via the key FOB. This action was taken to resolve a potential quaality issue that would cause the windows to inadvertenly roll down without customer interaction. The door lock-activated portion of the Global Open feature will remail deactivated for all units produced in 2005MY."
I took delivery of my Mustang on April 8th 2005, and as I am sure you
can guess the global windows do not work (it was built on April 4th). I
was still under the impression that only the door lock portion had been
deactivated, and I had read on several threads that people were having
it reactivated, so again I wasn't terribly concerned, I just figured that
when I got a chance I would take it to the dealer and have it fixed. Then
ISELLFORD posted the following on May 20th.

5/19/05

To: All Ford Dealers
Subject: Mustang: Deactivation of Global Open Feature

Background:

The Global Open feature allows both windows to be opened using the remote keyless entry key fob, or opened and closed by turning the key in the driver's door cylinder.

Program Details:

All 2005MY Mustang Coupe and Convertible built after 1/1/2005 will have the Global Open feature deactivated. The feature will not be available either by the Key FOB or the door lock. This action was taken to resolve a potential quality issue that may cause the windows to inadvertently roll down without customer interaction.
My car finally had to go in the shop on May 31st for the gas tank issue,
after arguing with the service people about weather or not that was even
an option on the '05 mustang, they finally produced the same letter that
was posted by ISELLFORD on the 20th. I told them that I had read on the
internet that the feature could be re-enabled, they were going to look
into it. They called ford, who told them not to re-enable it, it is also my
understanding that the global door locks don't work either, which I have
yet to see a "memo" on. I guess the thing that bothers me the most is
they supposedly got rid of this option prior to me ordering, but failed to
tell anyone until a month later, on top of that they couldn't inform the
people who were waiting for there cars that this would no longer be an
option. I can guarantee you that I would have removed the active anti
theft system from my order had that happened. On top of that the
original memo was incorrect, so they had to send a second one three
months later, which still doesn't address the global lock feature.

And the point of my thread (sorry it took so long). I plan on contacting
my local factory rep (which I don't expect to do any good). Is there
anything we can do as a group, weather it be to file some sort of formal
complaint, or even a class action law suit, I know there are some lawyers
on the board, or heck maybe we can even get Frank Weyer to represent
us.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, again sorry it is so long, and
another post concerning this topic, but I would love some opinions.
Old 6/2/05, 11:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to admit, I don't like that the feature was removed. But apparently there were some problems and it was best it be taken away. I think some had to do with the windows rolling down on their own? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if that’s true I don't want to risk that.

Do you have it in writing that this feature was going to be included? I’m pretty sure that they can remove a feature due to user safety when they see fit to do so. Suing Ford won’t do much. Maybe go to another dealership and ask them to turn the feature on?
Old 6/2/05, 11:46 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I wish there was something we could do, but I really don't want my windows opening on their own.

The frustrating thing is, this is not a new feature in the car market or at Ford. Many other cars, including Lincolns and Jaguars (part of Ford) have this feature and it works just fine. Fix it, don't just turn it off.

Second, I'm also still waiting for word about the locks.
Old 6/2/05, 07:49 PM
GT Member

I understand they can remove an option if they see it as being unsafe, however
based on that rational they could decide the Mustang Gt really didn't need a V8
and just put 4 bangers in all the cars they have on order. As far as having it in
writing, it's in the owners manual, does that count?

Also tonight I was standing out side after dinner at a local restaurant talking
with some friends, a couple walked by with three small children, he pulled
the key fob out of his pocked, pushed a button, and the rear doors on thier
FORD minivan opened. At that point I got really pissed thinking they can
make doors open at the push of a button, but not windows.

I really don't feel it is a safety issue, I feel they had design problems with an
option and decided to can it instead of fixing the problem, those of us who ordered
that option just got it in the can. Sometimes I wonder if they didn't just do away
with it to offset some of the cost of the mycolor lawsuit, seems like they settled
it at about the sametime as they de-activated the global windows.

I'm by no means a lawyer, but I would think if Hummer owners could sue GM
because of gas mileage mustang owners could do the same for getting the shaft.
Don't get me wrong, for the most part I love the '05, and I think they made some
really good decisions regarding this car (still not crazy about the tilt wheel lever),
but it really just chaps my rear when I feel like I've been had.
Old 6/2/05, 07:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

My Accord had windows down from the remote. It was great on a hot day. I though I was getting that feature with the anti-theft system but did not. I do feel like I was cheated as well and would welcome inclusion into some kind of group complaint and if it needs to go there suit. There should be no reason why Ford can't produce a working system with the windows down feature.
Old 6/7/05, 10:58 AM
GT Member

My Accord had windows down from the remote. It was great on a hot day.
Yeah, that's why I wanted it, and why I ordered the active anti-theft
system, I certainly would not have bought it without this feature, I
just don't believe in them.
Old 6/7/05, 11:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Remember the corporate mantra: "Ford has the right to change product content or specifications at anytime without incurring obligation..."
Not defending them (in my position this sort of thing happens all too often) just stating fact.
Old 6/8/05, 07:22 AM
Cobra Member

Yes, but it would have probably been a good idea to at least tell the dealers so they could pass this information on to buyers who could have made an informed decision.
Old 6/8/05, 07:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

also don't forget if they were to fix the window issue, who knows how much longer you would be waiting for your car to arrive, many people waited too long as it was.
Old 6/8/05, 07:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wonder if it will be fixed in the '06?
Old 6/8/05, 07:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just would like them to fix it, then offer to fix & re-enable it to those of us who want it via a TSB.
Old 6/8/05, 09:02 AM
Cobra Member

Come on people, get a life. That feature would be great, but the fact is that there was a problem with it. Nowdays everybody wants to file a formal complaint or sue people. Listen to yourselves, you should be ashamed. I don't mean to sound like mommy or daddy but why the heck would you sue them or file a complaint when they took out a feature like that when there was a defect with it. I am sure they will fix it next year, but what would you rather have: No global open feature, or your windows opening randomly while you are inside somewhere buying something and any passrby can go into your car.

You people are being ridiculous. If the windows opened randomly and your cars got jacked that is a reason to sue, but they aren't gonna renable it if you "want to" because they understand their reliability.

Badandy, out
Old 6/10/05, 08:04 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Badandy@June 8, 2005, 9:05 AM
Come on people, get a life. That feature would be great, but the fact is that there was a problem with it. Nowdays everybody wants to file a formal complaint or sue people. Listen to yourselves, you should be ashamed. I don't mean to sound like mommy or daddy but why the heck would you sue them or file a complaint when they took out a feature like that when there was a defect with it. I am sure they will fix it next year, but what would you rather have: No global open feature, or your windows opening randomly while you are inside somewhere buying something and any passrby can go into your car.

You people are being ridiculous. If the windows opened randomly and your cars got jacked that is a reason to sue, but they aren't gonna renable it if you "want to" because they understand their reliability.

Badandy, out

Says the guy who wasn't cheated out of it.
Old 6/10/05, 09:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree, it really P-d me off since that was the feature that I wanted with the upgraded alarm. I mean my Stang is not my daily driver, so it spends most of its time in a safe garage. I didn't really need the upgraded alarm, but I justified it by saying it wasn't much $ spread out over the course of a 5 year loan, and I really wanted the global open just cause I like little gadgets and features like that. I also would not have ordered the upgraded alarm if I knew this feature was taken away. And I would have changed my order if I knew it couldn't be reactivated. Because now, you can't even have it reactivated even if you find a willing dealer. I believe the actual hardware has changed!

I have been around and around with my dealer and the Ford Customer Service Line, which is a joke. All I wanted was my money, or some portion of it back since they did not deliver what was advertised.

And to all the people sticking up for Ford, come on. How hard would it be to fix this, I mean jeeze, they have it in many other cars in their line. But, it seems that Ford doesn't want to spend the additional money to fix it when they can just de-activate it. I wonder if those lazy ***** even removed it from the brouchere.

I am in on any type of class-action deal. I agree, I love the car, but I was wronged by Ford and would like some compensation for a $200 and something option that doesn't work!
Old 6/10/05, 09:59 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote=CP94GT,June 2, 2005, 7:52 PM]
and just put 4 bangers in all the cars they have on order. [quote=CP94GT,June 2, 2005, 7:52 PM]

Sorry but that rationalization makes no sense.

[quote=CP94GT,June 2, 2005, 7:52 PM]
I really don't feel it is a safety issue, I feel they had design problems with an
option and decided to can it instead of fixing the problem, those of us who ordered
that option just got it in the can. Sometimes I wonder if they didn't just do away
with it to offset some of the cost of the mycolor lawsuit, seems like they settled
it at about the sametime as they de-activated the global windows.[quote=CP94GT,June 2, 2005, 7:52 PM]

So in the midst of rolling out the brand new version of the car that might help the company out of financial problems, they are going to STOP everything, halt production on the line till the get the problem sorted out, and make people wait till god knows when to get their cars??....

Not gonna happen - its a business and sometimes you gotta do things that stink to keep things moving forward.

And how is it NOT a safety issue? Your car is parked somewhere, you are not around and won't be back anytime soon and the windows go down by themselves? Or how about driving in a driving rainstorm or snow and you windows go down by themselves?... Sounds safety related to me.

It stinks that people that ordered later in the 05 run are NOT getting this option - I think you have a right to be pi**ed without a doubt. But your arguments justifying your stance are kinda weak.... heck with where you are coming from, I should be able to complain to Ford that they didn't have two kinds of 18 inch wheels options on the 05 like they will have on the 06. Am I pi**ed I didn't get this option when now it will be standard on new cars? Heck yeah - but am I going to complain about it? No because it won't accomplish anything.

Look - I am seriously hoping Ford rectifies this issue for current car owners and gets it fixed for 06. Its a first year roll out so problems are a given. But yes, they should fix this for their customers.
Old 6/10/05, 10:30 AM
GT Member

[QUOTE][quote=CP94GT,June 2, 2005, 7:52 PM]
and just put 4 bangers in all the cars they have on order.
Originally Posted by CP94GT,June 2, 2005, 7:52 PM

Sorry but that rationalization makes no sense.
Yeah, I agree that doesn't make any sense, the point I was trying to
make has to do with the statement that they can change any option,
or feature at any time, which is bunk, they have the responsibility
to let people know that the car they ordered is not the one they are
getting.

It stinks that people that ordered later in the 05 run are NOT getting this option - I think you have a right to be pi**ed without a doubt. But your arguments justifying your stance are kinda weak.... heck with where you are coming from, I should be able to complain to Ford that they didn't have two kinds of 18 inch wheels options on the 05 like they will have on the 06. Am I pi**ed I didn't get this option when now it will be standard on new cars? Heck yeah - but am I going to complain about it? No because it won't accomplish anything.
I really don't think my argument is kind of weak, in fact it is much
stronger than your complaint concerning the 18" wheels. We all knew
back last September that the 18's weren't going to be available for this
year, you could have easily waited until next year if you really wanted
them, and really how hard is it to change the wheels on a car, if you can't
handle it let me know and I'll give you a hand.

Now imagine you ordered the 18" wheels, paid extra for them only to
get your car with 17's, and Ford's response was that they were having
problems with them and discontinued them 4 months before you got your
car. I am in no way knocking Ford for discontinuing this feature, I
understand it is a first year model and there are going to be problems,
my issue is the fact that they discontinued it in January and didn't bother
telling anyone until Febuary, and when that memo turned out to be
incorrect they finally owned up to cutting the entire option out in May,
how hard would it have been to contact the dealerships and have them
contact their customers who had ordered the system to see if they still
wanted it.
Old 6/10/05, 10:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

No offense intended Dave, but your comparing this to the wheels is not a good comparison. Chris pointed out the difference in our situation and the one that you proposed in your post. You did not order something that you thought the car was going to have and then have it show up without it. You are talking about an option difference btw. model years which is completely different.