2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Finally pulled the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/04, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by donkey+November 23, 2004, 6:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donkey @ November 23, 2004, 6:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bryman@November 22, 2004, 10:40 PM
Donkey,
I am also considering trading my RSX-S in for an 05GT. How is the ride of the GT in comparison to the RSX-S? Any other comparisons that stick out in your mind? Thanks!
Comfort is the biggest difference - the Mustang is a much more comfortable car. It is amazing how much quieter the Mustang is. No more yelling in to my cell at 75 mph. The ride is much better both on the highway and around town - the RSX-S was punishing compared to my Mustang. We have made one 7 hour trip, and there was no need to stop and stretch every 2 hours like in the Acura. It feels like a much larger car behind the wheel, and it is nice to have a center console to rest my elbow on. It feels like a tank compared to my Acura, yet is just as nimble - if not more. The turning radius is tighter. And then there is the torque....I smile every time I hit the gas. I do not miss the drone of that 4 cyl or 6 gears. The only trade off is fuel economy, but it almost ends up being the same fuel cost - the Acura required premium and the Mustang was designed for regular. My insurance went up $7 a year. My Acura was a great car, but it will never be the car that my Mustang is. I could go on for hours... [/b][/quote]
Donkey,
Thanks much for your reply. Your opinion is what I was hoping to hear . I am really tired of having to wind up the motor in each gear to get anywhere. I also can't wait to have an armrest, as it has really stinked to shift so much and have your arm supported by nothing while you're not shifting. As for the torque, I would really love to have something with torque before next summer. Driving in stop and go traffic in the summer with the AC on is brutal with my Acura. In the winter, I am suprised how much it stinks in the snow. No traction control combined with rev-happy motor makes driving in the snow a challenge. Now I have to play the waiting game though, as GTs in Chicagoland are a rarity. And if you find them, it's MSRP or higher.