2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Finally pulled the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 11/22/04, 08:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I finally did it. After weeks of thought I decided to pull the trigger and order a new 05 Mustang GT as follows.

Premium
Silver/Dark Charcoal
Spoiler - I almost did the delete
Anti-Theft - Don't want it rolling out of the metro station without me in it
Side-Airbags- Ordered for Insurance purposes only
Wheek Locks- Don't want any of those upgraded wheel owners with second thoughts taking my bullitts lol B)

Navi System- ok I didn't order it with the car but I can darn well tell you one is going in sometime in the first two weeks. Having the navi in my Accord was the only thing holding me back towards the end.

Now comes the fun of paying someone to return my Accord to stock. :notnice:

Final Price $25,426.46 before tax and tags

Of course tons of pics will come in about 6 to 8 weeks.
Old 11/22/04, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats...you won't miss Honda. I traded an Acura RSX-S for my Mustang, no regrets. I certainly don't miss that extra gear.
Old 11/22/04, 09:32 PM
GT Member

Congrats from me too !!!

Sounds loke you ordered the coupe version of the Vert I ordered. I will be looking forward to seeing pics.
Old 11/22/04, 09:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Donkey,
I am also considering trading my RSX-S in for an 05GT. How is the ride of the GT in comparison to the RSX-S? Any other comparisons that stick out in your mind? Thanks!
Old 11/22/04, 10:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by bpmurr@November 22, 2004, 9:43 PM
Navi System- ok I didn't order it with the car...
Good thing. It's not available on the Mustang.

Have a look at the Garmin street pilot.
Old 11/22/04, 10:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Robert+November 22, 2004, 11:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robert @ November 22, 2004, 11:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bpmurr@November 22, 2004, 9:43 PM
Navi System- ok I didn't order it with the car...
Good thing. It's not available on the Mustang.

Have a look at the Garmin street pilot. [/b][/quote]
I think I'm going to go with the Kenwood Navi system depending on how it looks. I'm waiting for another member who has it to post some pics. The Shaker500 Head Unit has to go after hearing the problems people are having.
Old 11/22/04, 10:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Atta Boy Murray! I see you are ordering Silver (same as me). I originally ordered Bullitts, but I changed to the upgrades. I just felt that the Bullitts painted spokes were too much of a match to the Satin Silver paint & that the spokes were too close to the front of the wheel (orig. bullitts were deep dish) IMO. The concepts shiny aluminum finish jazzed up the exterior more on the lines of what I am looking for on the Satin Silver......and the Red Interior had alot of say in the wheel choice on my order. Anyway....enjoy the ride!
Old 11/22/04, 10:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats! You won't need a 6-speed on this car. Half the time I'm cruising on the highway I forget to throw her into 5th. #rd gear makes an impressive growl as your highway passing gear B)
Old 11/23/04, 12:35 AM
GT Member

bpmurr: i got the kenwood in friday. I have some pics from this weekend that should be online by about tomorrow. I'll send you a pm when I get em up.
Old 11/23/04, 01:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by sqweak@November 23, 2004, 1:38 AM
bpmurr: i got the kenwood in friday. I have some pics from this weekend that should be online by about tomorrow. I'll send you a pm when I get em up.
Hey...let's ALL see 'em!

Pioneer has an amazing new system too. More here: http://www.avic-n1.com/
Old 11/23/04, 04:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Robert+November 23, 2004, 2:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robert @ November 23, 2004, 2:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sqweak@November 23, 2004, 1:38 AM
Hey...let's ALL see 'em!

Pioneer has an amazing new system too. More here: http://www.avic-n1.com/ [/b][/quote]
I'd be interested in seeing if there are any reviews of both the Kenwood and Pioneer systems. I'm leaning Kenwood because it takes up more of the area but either one could be an option.
Old 11/23/04, 06:44 AM
mav
GT Member

Old 11/23/04, 06:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by bpmurr+November 23, 2004, 5:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bpmurr @ November 23, 2004, 5:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Robert@November 23, 2004, 2:37 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-sqweak
@November 23, 2004, 1:38 AM

Hey...let's ALL see 'em!

Pioneer has an amazing new system too. More here: http://www.avic-n1.com/
I'd be interested in seeing if there are any reviews of both the Kenwood and Pioneer systems. I'm leaning Kenwood because it takes up more of the area but either one could be an option. [/b][/quote]
I was also considering the kenwood system because it is a double din size unit and would not make the center console look as modified IMO. Does anyone know of any other double din navi systems out?

Of course the other option is using the top half to store an MP3 hard drive....
Old 11/23/04, 07:01 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations,

since you seem like the type that likes customizing, I would suggest getting a spoiler delete. You have the chance to get your order bumped up because of the shortage of spoilers and you have more options when ducktails, etc. hit the market.
Old 11/23/04, 08:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Galaxie@November 23, 2004, 8:04 AM
Congratulations,

since you seem like the type that likes customizing, I would suggest getting a spoiler delete. You have the chance to get your order bumped up because of the shortage of spoilers and you have more options when ducktails, etc. hit the market.
I'm actually not in a rush for the car. I'm going to need some time to return my car back to stock and sell it. I'm going to be finishing up my masters degree and of course have the holidays coming up so my time to do car stuff will be limited. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 11/23/04, 11:47 AM
Bullitt Member

I'll give you a $1 for your honda
Old 11/23/04, 12:54 PM
GT Member

sorry kids, still waiting on the pics to get uploaded.

there aren't many reviews out of the ddx7015, as it's just hitting the market. I did read a couple on the avic and they were mostly the same: the fan is *VERY* loud. I choose to go with the kenwood because I too wanted a stock look, and think the flip up screens look cheap and distract from the interior of the car.

I don't want to give a full kenwood review, as there are some problems with my install that need to be fixed, but i'll give a couple impressions:

the fit is *very* good. I had it done through my dealer, and it took us about 30 minutes to leave after picking it up. One after another, salesmen and customers alike crowded around, and at least 3 different salesmen asked what package had the navigation system. The unit allows you to illuminate the buttons in red or green, and the green matches the OEM illumination PERFECTLY. It blends into the dash and interior very well, and while having a nice "gee-wiz" factor, doesn't scream aftermarket upgrade or look cheap or out of place.

features leave a little to be desired. The GUI is fairly plain, and while it allows you to pick from a few backgrounds, it doesn't support custom backgrounds. I've also yet to find any sort of visualization features. This is a little disappointing, as I've owned head units 1/10th this cost that had these features.
Old 11/23/04, 05:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by bryman@November 22, 2004, 10:40 PM
Donkey,
I am also considering trading my RSX-S in for an 05GT. How is the ride of the GT in comparison to the RSX-S? Any other comparisons that stick out in your mind? Thanks!
Comfort is the biggest difference - the Mustang is a much more comfortable car. It is amazing how much quieter the Mustang is. No more yelling in to my cell at 75 mph. The ride is much better both on the highway and around town - the RSX-S was punishing compared to my Mustang. We have made one 7 hour trip, and there was no need to stop and stretch every 2 hours like in the Acura. It feels like a much larger car behind the wheel, and it is nice to have a center console to rest my elbow on. It feels like a tank compared to my Acura, yet is just as nimble - if not more. The turning radius is tighter. And then there is the torque....I smile every time I hit the gas. I do not miss the drone of that 4 cyl or 6 gears. The only trade off is fuel economy, but it almost ends up being the same fuel cost - the Acura required premium and the Mustang was designed for regular. My insurance went up $7 a year. My Acura was a great car, but it will never be the car that my Mustang is. I could go on for hours...
Old 11/23/04, 09:01 PM
GT Member

for those that wanted pics of the kenwood, there are some (poor quality) in this thread http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....pic=10044&st=0
Old 11/23/04, 09:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by sqweak@November 23, 2004, 10:04 PM
for those that wanted pics of the kenwood, there are some (poor quality) in this thread http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....pic=10044&st=0
Were you able to keep the subs in the shaker 500 working right with that head unit?

Quick Reply: Finally pulled the trigger