2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Finally got ticket in 05 stang

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/05, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by harleybill@January 28, 2005, 11:57 AM
Everybody should buy a radar/laser detector. It's saved my money many a time. The new password 8500 x50 is my recommendation. It's about 275.00 with red display and about 295.00 blue display. Sorry about the ticket as I know where your coming from. This might be a "cosmetic" item that will truly be worth what it costs...
My rabbit's foot cost $12 and I've been speeding for a month in my new ride, it's worked! But, it's not a fake, it's the real deal.
Old 2/23/05, 12:46 PM
V6 Member

What a forum. It is getting to where you can't even post a fun topic without all the crazy folks coming out critiquing the post.

Thank you for posting a fun story.
Old 2/23/05, 01:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For anyone debating going to court to fight a ticket or going to traffic school, don't forget how much FUN it is messing with the copy giving the class!

I'm a process engineer. I live an die by statistics. When I went to traffic school about 5 years ago, the officer "teaching" the class had a whole slew of stats trying to show just how dangereous the roads really are. Being able to crunch numbers in my head fairly quickly, I was able to point out a few "issues" with his stats and with his information in general. For example:

1) Office showed list of top 10 causes of accidents. Speeding wasn't even in the top 5. So I asked the class how many people were in here for speeding. About 85% raised their hand. I then asked the officer why is it that 85% of us are here for speeding when it doesn't even make the top 5 on his causes of accidents list. His answer? "I don't know". My response? "Maybe because it is real easy for you to sit on the side of the road running a radar gun but much harder to enforce the things that actually DO cause accidents!" His reply? "Probably!"

2) He had some stats up about the probability of accidents based on age. It seemed a bit high... He looked like he was in his middle 40s, so I asked him if he had any kids. The officer then told us that he had 3 kids, all 16-19 years old. I then asked him how many accidents his kids had been in. His reply? "None". My counter? "Strange, according to the stats you have up there, the three of your kids should have been in over 6 accidents total so far". He didn't have much to say to that.

Those were the two biggies, but there was a LOT of other stuff that I just had to ask clarifying questions around. I was polite to the officer (I'm sure he didn't want to teach the class any more than I wanted to be there), but I also know he was VERY releived when the class was up and I left!

That class was almost worth the time I had to take to go to it!
Old 2/23/05, 01:48 PM

I routinely drive 80mph on the fwy here as my car is happy that way. It's for the car's sake, honest! Since I got my new Mustang, I spend as much time looking in the rear view mirror as I do out the windshield. I hope you can do traffic school where you live and keep it off your record. I'm sure glad I didn't have your experience! *knock on wood*
Old 2/23/05, 01:51 PM
V6 Member

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>After three tickets myself, 2 for speeding and 1 for seatbelt vio, I've realized that cops will do anything to give you the highest fine ticket they can. BUT I've learned my leason. Five over is the most I'll do, unless, do to other reasons I need do otherwise. The radar ditector I use have saved me many of times, and I'm sure it has save others. You see I've taken upon myself to alert other of cops setting in thier units waiting for people to pass by speeding. All they do is set thier lasars and radars on a certain speed and wait for unexpecting people. SO I've made signs. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to have a sign saying "COP AHEAD", or anything directly stating that the law is near. My signs state things like, "PIG WATCHING AHEAD", or. "WATCH OUT FOR LASARS AND RADARS". Where I live, it's a close nit community, so I've had many people either stop, or at a later time thank me. Here, as in a lot of places, we have the light system "to flash your lights if your awear of a cop around." I also think cops don't like me to sit right on side of them and watch them. </span></span> </span>
Old 2/24/05, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 68fuelinjected@February 23, 2005, 1:49 PM
What a forum. It is getting to where you can't even post a fun topic without all the crazy folks coming out critiquing the post.

Thank you for posting a fun story.
I agree with Don. Thanks rrbello for sharing your story, and good luck! AND redstar, Still laughing over that one. Let us know how you make out. Never mind those flamethrowers! lots of them on here.
Old 2/24/05, 01:19 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't speed. There has not been a day where a cop has not been following me
Old 2/28/05, 04:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I had a Trans AM and was pulled over on I-4 in Florida in '87. Fact that there was a blond passenger may hve distracted my attention from the nice police man.
Old 2/28/05, 06:53 PM

Today, I got my first (and hopefully last) ticket in my new Mustang. The officer said "Hey, nice car!" before going back to his patrol car. I could tell he was checking it out while I fished around for my reg./insurance. Apparently I entered a turn lane earlier than the law allows, which it turns out is 200ft. in California. Who knew?
Old 2/28/05, 07:42 PM
V6 Member

I saw a email on how avoid points from a moving violation.
Do pay the $100 fine with a check for $105.
The court will send you a refund check of $5.
This is where you tear it up, the points will not be charged until the
finance portion is complete.

It could work?
Old 2/28/05, 11:28 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally posted by coolmac@February 28, 2005, 7:45 PM
I saw a email on how avoid points from a moving violation.
Do pay the $100 fine with a check for $105.
The court will send you a refund check of $5.
This is where you tear it up, the points will not be charged until the
finance portion is complete.

It could work?
I heard the same thing in Driving School. But I heard it with $1 over. Either way it is the same principle. Over pay the fine and they will hold off until you cash the check. Thanks for reminding me about it. I totally forgot.
Old 2/28/05, 11:38 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

the easiest way to remember about turning in Cali, is to look at the bike lane. Once the line is broken, you are legally able to move to make your turn. This of course only works if you are turning right. If its a marked left turn lane, obviously, cant enter until the lines are marked that way.

Were you in a suicide lane? If thats the case, I have no idea, LOL and you should ignore everything I just said.
Old 3/1/05, 09:53 AM

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@February 28, 2005, 11:41 PM

Were you in a suicide lane? If thats the case, I have no idea, LOL and you should ignore everything I just said.
Thanks Jessica, but.....Yep- two-way turn lane. The officer was in line to go straight, I went left too early. The sad part is that I usually go straight too, but I decided on a whim to take the long way around to work via the coffee house, which in this case suddenly meant taking the time to wait for a citation to be written. *sigh* I did not pass go, nor did I collect $200.