2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Finally got ticket in 05 stang

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/05, 04:03 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Luck Rob. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 1/27/05, 04:04 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally posted by Oceansize72+January 27, 2005, 5:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oceansize72 @ January 27, 2005, 5:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RiverDiver@January 27, 2005, 3:49 PM
I don't understand what the big deal is. He got pulled over and it's his right to go to court and try to get it reduced or thrown out all together. Sometimes pleading No Contest help, my local judge throws out cases all the time based on driver record or reduces fines and no points assessed. I'm an ex police officer and I know that alot more than 1% are thrown out. Plus everyone is bashing like they never ever spped under no circumstances. Come on give me a break, he admitted he done wrong, but hoping for a better outcome. Just my $.02
Just want to clarify...I'm not bashing, and I don't think it's a big deal (although I do feel that someone who drives 95 in traffic IS a big deal). We're just discussing justications used in fighting tickets, IMO.
[/b][/quote]

Once again someone who doesnt bother to read the entire post carefully. I wasnt doing 95 through traffic, the freeway was empty, with the exception of the cop who was merging from another freeway. It wasnt until I was pulled over that I saw another car.
Old 1/27/05, 04:04 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rrobello@January 27, 2005, 5:51 PM
And maybe they should impound your car the next time you don't signal while making a lane change on an empty road.
It was just an extreme analogy to show how deterrents work. I didn't say they should do anything of the sort. You might want to work on your reading comprehension.

Let me put it in terms you might understand.

If you knew, without a doubt, that if you got caught doing 80 in a 55, that it would cost you $150 and raise your insurance by 50%, you'd probably be less likely to speed than if you knew you had a good chance of getting out of it.

Simple enough?
Old 1/27/05, 04:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rrobello@January 27, 2005, 6:07 PM
Once again someone who doesnt bother to read the entire post carefully. I wasnt doing 95 through traffic, the freeway was empty, with the exception of the cop who was merging from another freeway. It wasnt until I was pulled over that I saw another car.
You seem to be having trouble with the larger concepts. Repeatedly.

He's simply talking in a general sense, not your case directly.
Old 1/27/05, 04:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rrobello@January 27, 2005, 6:05 PM
Black on Yellow Speed Limit Signs? Where are those? ... but unlike you I am not truly bothered by spending half an hour in court to not pay the fine or have it reduced and am more bothered by wasting my time in Traffic School. If you actually go to school then it takes much longer then it would to just go to court and adds to the cost as well. Its a good thing they allow you to do it on the internet now and it only takes 15 minutes from start to finish.

If you don't know where black on yellow speed limit signs are, you probably should go to a driving school in person.
Old 1/27/05, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by DiamondBlue+January 27, 2005, 5:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DiamondBlue @ January 27, 2005, 5:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rrobello@January 27, 2005, 5:51 PM
And maybe they should impound your car the next time you don't signal while making a lane change on an empty road.
It was just an extreme analogy to show how deterrents work. I didn't say they should do anything of the sort. You might want to work on your reading comprehension.

Let me put it in terms you might understand.

If you knew, without a doubt, that if you got caught doing 80 in a 55, that it would cost you $150 and raise your insurance by 50%, you'd probably be less likely to speed than if you knew you had a good chance of getting out of it.

Simple enough?
[/b][/quote]

I understood what you were trying to say, thats why I responded with just a smart alec remark instead of trying to defend myself, it's called sarcasm maybe you should work on YOUR reading comprehension.

The fact remains they do not have different deterants, this is how the system is and how it works, if I were to lose my license that would be a different story all together, but thats not the case so why bother humoring stupid what ifs?
Old 1/27/05, 04:13 PM

Black-on-yellow...think of a windy road with a lot of S-curves. The actual limit has been 40mph and you're coming up on a tight bend. The sign with the black arrow indicating a curve ahead and it says "20" underneath it? Thatsawhattamtalkinbout.

Yes Traffic School is more expensive, but you are GUARANTEED no point, whereas in court you MIGHT get no points or you may, and of course if you do get the points then the overall cost is going to be a lot more than traffic school. In CA if you fight the ticket and lose, you can't go to traffic school, as is my understanding. I suppose I could be wrong...it's been a long time since I've had to deal with that nonsense. (although maybe I will have to once again once I get my 'Stang!!!)

And yes I did read your initial post carefully. When I said "people who drive 95mph in traffic IS a big deal" I was not referring to you. That is why I put "in traffic" in there, since I already knew you were not in traffic. Wow we're all really splitting hairs here, huh?
Old 1/27/05, 04:16 PM

Originally posted by DiamondBlue+January 27, 2005, 5:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DiamondBlue @ January 27, 2005, 5:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rrobello@January 27, 2005, 6:07 PM
You seem to be having trouble with the larger concepts. Repeatedly.

He's simply talking in a general sense, not your case directly.
[/b][/quote]

I dont have a problem with noticing the "larger concepts" his post was "although I do feel that someone who drives 95 in traffic IS a big deal" and I was clarifying that I wasnt doing that as stated in the original post if you had read it. And no I haven't seen any Speed limit signs on a yellow sign, most yellow signs around here are WARNING signs of some sort, to be cautionary like a yield. But that does make sense that it would be a "suggested" speed since they are only cautionary signs.

As for continuing to respond to all this non-sense, I am done. As I mentioned before, go ahead and flame I deserve it for the speeding. I just don't understand why anyone would be against going to court. Which is what I am going to do, and I hope I don't have to pay and it will be done with there and then and if I do have to pay I hope it will get reduced and then I will go to out number two and do traffic school and avoid the point. For now have a good day to you all, and next time you get pulled over just remember to pay the fine.
Old 1/27/05, 04:20 PM

Originally posted by Oceansize72@January 27, 2005, 5:16 PM
Black-on-yellow...think of a windy road with a lot of S-curves. The actual limit has been 40mph and you're coming up on a tight bend. The sign with the black arrow indicating a curve ahead and it says "20" underneath it? Thatsawhattamtalkinbout.

Yes Traffic School is more expensive, but you are GUARANTEED no point, whereas in court you MIGHT get no points or you may, and of course if you do get the points then the overall cost is going to be a lot more than traffic school.

And yes I did read your initial post carefully. When I said "people who drive 95mph in traffic IS a big deal" I was not referring to you. That is why I put "in traffic" in there, since I already knew you were not in traffic. Wow we're all really splitting hairs here, huh?
Sorry I didnt read it that way, my bad (see I own up to my mistakes), and I do not get a lot of chances to drive on windy roads living in San Diego, but now that you mention it I do recall seeing those now. That is good to know, not that I would go speeding around a tight curve anyway, I guess thats a mute point. And if you go to court and lose and have to pay the fine you still can go to school and have the point remove, so the result would be the same, but by going to court you spend a small part of your day and have the chance that you wont have to pay or go to school, whereas if you just go to school you did both. Sorry again about the snide remark about your comment.
Old 1/27/05, 04:23 PM

No worries. I agree it's time to put this thread to bed.
Old 1/27/05, 05:13 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by rrobello@January 27, 2005, 5:23 PM
I do not get a lot of chances to drive on windy roads living in San Diego
You mean you don't take your car out highway 76 from Oceanside through Pala and all those places, or Mt Palomar...or....

San Diego County has some great twisty drivin, sure not in Carlsbad, but close enough for weekend fun.

Anytime I get a speeding ticket I look at like this: I'm paying my speed tax. Haven't had one in 8 years now (Now that I've said it, I'll get one for sure)
Old 1/27/05, 05:54 PM
FR500 Member

aright guys go alittle easy..hes fighting it as most of us americans with those rights would do. and hey it happens. he was more explaining us the story than complaining. it was a story with imput
Old 1/27/05, 10:45 PM

Originally posted by SixtySix+January 27, 2005, 6:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SixtySix @ January 27, 2005, 6:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rrobello@January 27, 2005, 5:23 PM
I do not get a lot of chances to drive on windy roads living in San Diego
You mean you don't take your car out highway 76 from Oceanside through Pala and all those places, or Mt Palomar...or....

San Diego County has some great twisty drivin, sure not in Carlsbad, but close enough for weekend fun.

Anytime I get a speeding ticket I look at like this: I'm paying my speed tax. Haven't had one in 8 years now (Now that I've said it, I'll get one for sure)
[/b][/quote]

No I dont head down those roads often, I have great windy roads right here in my back yard of Rancho Sante Fe, probably some of the best road driving around (at least in San Diego) but they dont have those signs, in fact I they dont have many signs at all, and I only know of two sharp enough turns out there that have those signs, great rode though, lots of fun and I dont have to go far.

And thanks Rags.
Old 1/27/05, 11:12 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For all those that are getting pulled over (mentioned in other topics too)......rub your good luck charms, admit responsibility then go to court or just go out and buy a good radar detector. I know they aren't bullet-proof against the cops, but they do remind you of how many cops are actually out there buzzing people. I got the Passport 8500 X50 as one of my first "mods" and I can't tell you how smart it was. With these Mustangs of course we want to see what they have and show them off to others occasionally...but to add at least a little security and have a "safe feeling", get a good radar detector. For those of you in states that they are illegal......there are ways of hiding them. They at least show you how many cops are actually out there hiding. It shocked me!!
Old 1/28/05, 02:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs down

Originally posted by rrobello@January 26, 2005, 5:26 PM
He asked if the car was mine and then asked if I was just seeing what she had. I told him of course not that would be stupid I only run fast on a track and I was just on my way home, besides I already know what she can do, he said that was good and gave me the ticket.
From the way you told the story, it seems like you may have gotten out of the ticket if you had admitted to him you were just "seeing what she had". Yeah, I know you were just cruising around 95 and not going full bore, but a cop doesn't know that. They only see you speeding. Instead you denied it and the cop may have taken it as an afront to his intelligence. He probably walked back to his cruiser thinking: What do you think I am? Stupid!? Not the mindset you want an officer of the law in when he's got you by the *****. You also may have not wanted to say that you already knew what she had, because the cop could have also taken it as "I've sped before and not gotten caught", you know?

From my own experience, I find that if you admit what you've done and be respectful, they usually just smirk and give you a warning or a misnomor ticket. Cops are human too and some of them own fast cars themselves, so they understand the occasional "I feel the need... the need... FOR SPEED!" urge, lol.

Just some friendly advice from one Mustang-lover to another.

Good luck with court. I know in NJ cops RARELY show up for tickets unless it's a really terrible offense and most prosecutors wheel and deal you at pre-trial just for showing up, usually down to a 0 point careless driving violation. They care more about geting money for their township than screwing you with points (besides, they'd rather get your money than give it to insurance companies!), at least in NJ.
Old 1/28/05, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have no problem with fighting it. IMO, speeding tickets are generally for revenue generation, not safety. Speeding doesn't necessarily mean dangerous driving, even driving at 90-95 plus. As he stated there were practically no vehicles on the road. It's a shame that police have had to resort to tickets to keep their departments staffed and funded, but it doesn't justify ticket quotas, official or unofficial. Just my opinion, but I believe that police are there to keep the peace, not make governments money.

Jason
Old 1/28/05, 09:55 AM
Cobra Member

Brother, I know how you feel. Most of us have had similar encounters. Nothing like that awful sinking feeling in your stomach when you know those flashing lights are on because you've been caught in the act. I got my only speeding ticket while driving a Mustang GT. I just let the car get away from me a little. Only a moment and a cop pounced on me. Good luck evading the fine. We'll cross our fingers for you!
Old 1/28/05, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by Treadhead@January 26, 2005, 10:49 PM
I think he is gonna try the "I hope the Officer doesn't show up for court" defense. It's worth a try. Here in Ft Worth we are required to show up at court for the tickets we write and we better have a good excuse if we don't.
That's been my experience, when I was younger I had "just a few" tickets. Only once, did the ticketing officer not show up. Although, I only went to court a few times. Most of the time I just stinked it up, paid the fine and suffered the consequences.
I find that the best things one can do to help yourself are 1)not stick out on the road and 2) have your ducks in a row before you ever have to say "good (morning/afternoon/evening) officer". I now know quite a few people in law enforcement and they all say the same, respect goes a long way.
By the way, it's been over 12 years since I've had a "roadside meeting", so I must be doing something right. :drive:
Old 1/28/05, 10:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everybody should buy a radar/laser detector. It's saved my money many a time. The new password 8500 x50 is my recommendation. It's about 275.00 with red display and about 295.00 blue display. Sorry about the ticket as I know where your coming from. This might be a "cosmetic" item that will truly be worth what it costs...
Old 2/22/05, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

welp, it finally happened to me! It wasn't even worth it in my opinion...My 1st EVEr speeding ticket! Late this past saturday night (around 2:00am) I had just turned off of a main road onto a smaller (empty) street and passed a smaller sideroad and BAM! i saw him before he even turned his lights on. He pulled out and started the sirens, i pulled into an empty parking lot, he walked up to my car and said i was going 41 in a 25....he asked for my license, asked if it was my car and asked what year it was..he seemed really surprised to hear it was an 05, didn't stop him from giving me the ticket though. He gave it to me and even said he hated to give it to me because he thinks the speed limit for the road sould be at least 35 (heck the rest of the road is!!!...it turns 35 right after the parking lot!) It wasn't like was going 80 down the road or anything...really upset me, but there was nothing i could do about it, took my ticket like a woMAN. and drove the short 3 miles to my house. It really stunk..but oh well nothing i can do about but hope i can keep it off my insurance.

Quick Reply: Finally got ticket in 05 stang