2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Endless Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12/29/06, 06:57 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
You know my grandfather always told me that when you speak to someone be kind but strong. That is how I deal with people, with a-holes like this you have to let them know right off the bat your not messing around. If I were you I would have made the call to Ford's Dispute Resolution center from the lawyers office and been laughing at them ****ing their pants as I take down their names.

I feel really bad for you but unless your willing to get serious about this (which it seems you are) they will keep walking all over you. By the way I would consider writing a letter to the president/vice president of customer service at Ford, the latter of which can be found in this post. http://www.mustangforums.com/fb.asp?m=1441695 I wish you all the best and hope this gets worked out quickly for you now.
+1

Walk softly and carry a big stick.
Old 12/30/06, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, guys, it has been a long and hard run, but the process is complete! I was handed the keys last night around 5:30 p.m. to my new 2007 Alloy V6 automatic! Took a few hours of paperwork and trying to figure out how to get everything to balance out, but the end went smoothly. The dealer took care of us and Ford didn't try to screw us again with some extra fee or something.

I can't believe I actually have a new car. I was getting used to my daily phone calls and trips to Ford. I guess I can spend my time with my car now...heh.

We have finally come to the end of this...uhmmm...interesting, to say the least, buy-back. Hopefully, this pony will be more reliable and I can actually enjoy it for more than 8 months. Thanks for all the comments throughout this and here's to a better Mustang!
Old 12/30/06, 08:12 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats
Old 12/30/06, 08:28 PM
Closet American

Congratulations...
Old 12/31/06, 01:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats from NorCal ! For all you've gone through, I sure hope this one is trouble-free. Keep us posted with any further responses you get from Ford to your complaints.
Old 12/31/06, 02:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Congratulations!!

Here are your nanners...

Old 1/4/07, 12:44 PM

Way to go Ford corporate! Our letters that we sent out actually got a response today from a manager, not just a supervisor, in charge of the reacquisition department. She was in complete agreement of how we felt and could not believe how things were handled. They were in the process of dealing with all that had happened and are sending us a check for the buy-back mileage fees, $850+, and are giving us a free extended warranty. They really wanted hoped to keep us part of the Ford family and didn't want us to have such a bad impression of the company. A great move on Ford's part to keep us happy!
Old 1/4/07, 01:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SilverBacon
Way to go Ford corporate! Our letters that we sent out actually got a response today from a manager, not just a supervisor, in charge of the reacquisition department. She was in complete agreement of how we felt and could not believe how things were handled. They were in the process of dealing with all that had happened and are sending us a check for the buy-back mileage fees, $850+, and are giving us a free extended warranty. They really wanted hoped to keep us part of the Ford family and didn't want us to have such a bad impression of the company. A great move on Ford's part to keep us happy!
Wow - that is REALLY good to hear. I bet you feel vindicated. Maybe there's hope for Ford afterall.
Old 1/4/07, 03:04 PM
GT Member

I am confused..on December 27th you had a butt load of problems and were going to a lawyer and then on December 30th ...3 days later you have a new car and case is closed...not to be a trouble maker but this sounds crazy to me...how did all that happen in 3 days?
Old 1/4/07, 03:20 PM

Haha...it was a crazy situation. Everytime we talked to someone at Ford we would get a different response. It just happened by luck that we got the car when we did. The buy-back department had closed for the Christmas break without sending over the paperwork to the dealer and had been rude to us and whatnot all that week. When we actually went down to the dealer on the 30th, no one had told us the paperwork had finally been sent and completed, as our dealer hadn't even had a chance to review it. We just walked in and they decided that they'd work thru it with us at that time. No one had told us what was going on at that time. Luckily, we were able to figure everything out and get our car that day without having to involve a lawyer. The two people we had been dealing with in the buy-back department were just stringing us along and messing with us as long as possible.

Now, after we had sent off dozens of letters to Ford corporate, we are finally getting some response back from them regarding how bad the situation was handled. So, yes, we did go from being angered and confused one day to magically everything being taken care of a couple days later. Thankfully, Ford is pulling thru for us at the end here and have tried to make the situation right.
Old 1/4/07, 04:40 PM
Closet American

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Perhaps there is yet hope for this company.
Old 2/8/07, 09:51 AM
Cobra Member

CONGRATS Silverbacon!

I am happy for you brother, enjoy the new stang and heres to 100K on the odo
Old 2/8/07, 10:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Glad to hear it all worked out.

CONGRATS!!
Old 2/8/07, 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Glad to read that everything has been sorted out...however, I feel that your dealer did you "dirty" and I would never, ever buy from him again. With all of these problems he should have given you the best deal ever on another V6 and throw in free maintenance, etc. for the life of the car. Don't ever deal with them again.