2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Early problems with my 05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/05, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Buck_Nekid+April 12, 2005, 5:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Buck_Nekid @ April 12, 2005, 5:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by PistolePete@April 12, 2005, 3:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Montrose
@April 12, 2005, 6:34 AM
Try a proper bedding in procedure for the brakes. That was the first thing I did with my GT, and my brakes do not squeak, and I have no complaints about the stopping power, either.

And just what is a "proper bedding in procedure"?

zeckhausen.com Bedding in New Pads and Rotors
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the tip. I have never seen a detailed write up on breaking in brakes.
Old 6/18/05, 06:45 AM

Originally posted by byxbeer@November 16, 2004, 9:13 PM
My Sonic Blue GT was built on October 4th and I took delivery on October 29th. I have had to take mine back to the dealership twice for air conditioning problems (first time they thought the refrigerant leaked out , and the second time they actually investigated the real cause), but the problem ending up being a bad accumulator (whatever the heck that is). The dealership was very helpful and seemed to bend over backwards to address my concerns, so my experience hasn't been a bad one. I haven't experienced any other problems with mine aside from this and I absolutely love the looks I constantly get in this car. Yee haw!!!
[SIZE=1][FONT=Arial] I had the same problem with my black GT. Built 9\20. I live in Guam and it is hot here all the time. About a month having the car my wife noticed it not cooling as fast or being as cold as the first day we had it. Well in Guam there is only 1 ford dealership and they screwed it up claiming it was a hose leak so it took a week and a half to get a new evaporation hose and the a week later it was worse off. They contract out to an air conditioning company here so I had to wait another 2 weeks to get a whole new system installed. Works fine now but the hassle of it all and the idiots not fixing the problem the first time.
Old 6/18/05, 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by bullittman@November 15, 2004, 6:11 PM
Did a road trip Sunday (About 450 miles....mostly 70 mph I-90) , got 24.8 MPG BTW B) 1200 miles on it. Anyway I noticed the hood "Shaking" right up about 6 inches from windshield, actually more of a flutter...on both sides. I don't know if you would call it a "Problem" but
I had the hood flutter too. The two bump stops in the center of the radiator cover weren't making contact with the underside of the hood where they should (the outter ones were fine) so I gave 'em a full turn counter clockwise . . . problem solved.
Old 6/21/05, 11:09 AM

Originally posted by HorsC@April 11, 2005, 3:53 PM
I know this thread is really old but i just wanted to see if anyone else has had any problems with their breaks squeaking.. i am now having problems with mine just as acadian said his were its not when braking softly or heavy just somewhere in the middle... has anyone gotten it fixed by Ford? did it fix the problem? Was it covered under warrenty? I've only had my car for a little over 2 months so i know it can't be because of the way i brake. Any answers would be greatly appriciated.
'05 Mustang GT Premium, 3500 miles. Just had front passenger side brake rotor turned and pad sanded to eliminate brake squeal at Ford dealer. Work performed under warranty, no charge. Squeal is worse. Would trade for '06 Mustang GT but satellite radio is not available yet.
Old 6/22/05, 08:22 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by acadian@November 15, 2004, 3:12 PM
The only problem I have had is a high-pitched squeak coming from the brakes when I brake. If I brake very light or pretty hard, no squeaking... but when I brake normally it squeaks. Pretty loud too. Kinda embarrassing being a brand new car. Anyone else having this problem... and any ideas on what to do?
My brakes squeel, too. Dealer said it was normal. Then, the other day, I was driving along and my passenger side front brake started making a noise that sounded like a circular saw cutting through a piece of plywood. Sort of a high -pitched ringing metallic sound. Anyway, it made the noise the first nine miles to the dealer ten miles away. When I get there, all that is left to indicate a problem is the grove worn in my rotor. Apparently, rocks get caught in there and cause all sorts of problems. Now I have a three-month-old car with a groove int he rotor that you can see through the wheels and it looks like garbage.