2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dealers blowing smoke up my, u know wht!

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/06, 10:28 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealers blowing smoke up my, u know wht!

So , i placed my 07 gt order on the 23rd of june and was hoping my car would atleast be serialized soon enough. so a week goes by, nothing, 2 weeks go by and the salesperson calls me up and says the 18" polished rims are going to be a bit difficult to get, obviously, me being anxious to just get the car soon, said let go of that option, but then again why did it take you 2 weeks to let me know. SAlesperson had no answer. So another week goes by and i call back to confirm whether the changes were made on the order and the salesperson goes no, because they guy who actually puts the order in, is on vacation, obviously now im fuming, and i tell my sales person to have his manager call me back with the status of my order as i know there's no way im going to be getting my car in august as it was before. So, the manager now calls me up, and tells me that your car won;t e here untill mid-to late september.
My question is, is this bull $***?! i have the dora with me, dealer won;t tell e about my order priority, i asked him about their allocation and they just say that that's the standard time frame for getting a new car.
I don't know what else to do from this point on.
Old 7/25/06, 10:31 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Thats a shame. Have you talked to any other dealers?
Old 7/25/06, 11:57 AM
Bullitt Member

any chance you've ordered from a dealer in Michigan... lol i'm having similar problems with my guy... only thing is- is i feel its too late to switch to a different dealer and order another car..... then i wont be driving it in september...... oh well- hope it goes better for you
Old 7/25/06, 05:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by InertialVenom
So , i placed my 07 gt order on the 23rd of june and was hoping my car would atleast be serialized soon enough. so a week goes by, nothing, 2 weeks go by and the salesperson calls me up and says the 18" polished rims are going to be a bit difficult to get, obviously, me being anxious to just get the car soon, said let go of that option, but then again why did it take you 2 weeks to let me know. SAlesperson had no answer. So another week goes by and i call back to confirm whether the changes were made on the order and the salesperson goes no, because they guy who actually puts the order in, is on vacation, obviously now im fuming, and i tell my sales person to have his manager call me back with the status of my order as i know there's no way im going to be getting my car in august as it was before. So, the manager now calls me up, and tells me that your car won;t e here untill mid-to late september.
My question is, is this bull $***?! i have the dora with me, dealer won;t tell e about my order priority, i asked him about their allocation and they just say that that's the standard time frame for getting a new car.

waaaa! My car took 4 MONTHS to get built and delivered to me. Cancel the order or wait it out like the rest of us did.
Old 7/25/06, 08:50 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was gonna say what Steve did.Might as well wait now.Don't cancel,you'll regret it
Old 7/25/06, 11:37 PM
GT Member

Update, i spoke to the salesperson again today and he still has no idea what my priority is. I don't lnow whats going on anymore. Moreover a phone call to the mgr and he says the same thing he said before, it's scheduled to be build sometime in august ; middle or late august i.e. But if he knows this, my question is where's he getting the info from because my car isnt even serialized yet.
Old 7/26/06, 12:20 PM
GTR Member

Update, i spoke to the salesperson again today and he still has no idea what my priority is. I don't lnow whats going on anymore. Moreover a phone call to the mgr and he says the same thing he said before, it's scheduled to be build sometime in august ; middle or late august i.e. But if he knows this, my question is where's he getting the info from because my car isnt even serialized yet.
Too bad Kazinti isn't around any more
Old 7/26/06, 06:11 PM
GT Member

If the salesman doesn't know the priority number he's illiterate; it's on the VOC - all he has to do is look on the computer. In fact they should have given you the VOC when you ordered it.

We have 2 high volume dealers here. I cancelled my order with the first because they gave me a priority of 40. The second one gave me a priority of 10. I placed my order on July 1st and am locked in for production on August 4th - ETA to dealer August 12th. Some have gotten their Mustangs faster - 4 weeks in one case that I know of.
Old 7/26/06, 08:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Gisarm
If the salesman doesn't know the priority number he's illiterate; it's on the VOC - all he has to do is look on the computer. In fact they should have given you the VOC when you ordered it.

We have 2 high volume dealers here. I cancelled my order with the first because they gave me a priority of 40. The second one gave me a priority of 10. I placed my order on July 1st and am locked in for production on August 4th - ETA to dealer August 12th. Some have gotten their Mustangs faster - 4 weeks in one case that I know of.
The managers don't always let the salesmen look at ANYTHING (the high holy computer).
Old 7/26/06, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by karman
The managers don't always let the salesmen look at ANYTHING (the high holy computer).
The sales manager at my dealer told me that his dealership only allows one person to actually print the invoices. Why? Control....
Old 7/27/06, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by flashfearless
The sales manager at my dealer told me that his dealership only allows one person to actually print the invoices. Why? Control....
Absolutely.
Most managers want the saleman as in the dark as possible.
Salesmen are there to sell (push), not to tell what might be coming in or what options you can get with what package.
Job #1...sell what is on the lot. Make that sale today,don't think about tomorrow.
Show them a car, get them to drive it, talk about it's options and how great they are. Get them to buy it today. Make them fall in love with it.
How can I earn your business TODAY !!!
Old 7/27/06, 04:36 PM
Cobra Member

I don't know that they are full of BS, they may not know the dates themselves. I've got my '07 on order with a very knowledgeable and helpful salesman at a local dealer. I ordered on 06-09 and the delivery date was supposed to be last week. Today I emailed him and the date was pushed to next week or week after. Am I mad about it? Not in the least. It'll get here when it gets here, no use in getting worked up over it

As for the comment about the wheels, yes the 64W wheels have been a commodity issue. If one item is a schedule problem, it holds up the whole car. They're definitely not pulling your leg about that. When they place the order Ford doesn't tell them if anything will be a hold-up, they may very well have not found out about it for 2 weeks themselves. It pays to be informed, often you can find out info like that before they do.
Old 7/27/06, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
I don't know that they are full of BS, they may not know the dates themselves. I've got my '07 on order with a very knowledgeable and helpful salesman at a local dealer. I ordered on 06-09 and the delivery date was supposed to be last week. Today I emailed him and the date was pushed to next week or week after. Am I mad about it? Not in the least. It'll get here when it gets here, no use in getting worked up over it
Sound like you have the Wright salesman, the Wright dealership and the Wright attitude.
Old 7/27/06, 05:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Has Ford changed the format of the DORA from mid 2004 until today???
The reason I ask is that if the format is the same as it was when I ordered my 05 Mustang you have the priority number. Look on the upper right side of the form. You should see the date the order was processed and just below that you will see something that say 'P R I O R I T Y **"

<**=the number>
I still have the paperwork on my order and have the DORA in front of me as I type this.
Old 7/28/06, 01:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by karman
Sound like you have the Wright salesman, the Wright dealership and the Wright attitude.
LOL! I guess it helps that I'm driving an '05 Mustang vert already, so I don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything