2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/05, 08:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by redstang@March 1, 2005, 9:46 AM
cthulhu Best Buy isn't a franchise for Sony. The Ford dealers are and I say again FORD dealers. :nono:

You are incorrect. A dealership buys the rights to use the Ford name and sell Ford cars. They however, are not part of FMC. They are independantly owned and operated, and again, they are the one ones purchasing from Ford, not you. On the way from the factory to the dealership, the car is paid for by the dealership. Once it gets there, you buy it from them. You may want it to be different, you may wish it was, but it isn't. Thats the way it is.
Old 3/1/05, 09:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Ford franchise is part of the Ford corporation and the corporation should put the customer first. Grantsdale you're try to split hairs. Customer number one
Old 3/1/05, 10:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just to answer my own question. I called customer service, sent them an email. They looked up my order and told me C/U. She did say she would forward my email and my complaint, along with my phone number and email address to the regional rep.

We have to remember that these people are doing their job. They are no different than us. They do not deserve the bad attitude that should only be directed to the folks at Ford that make the decisions. Give the CS reps a break if/when you call. They have a limited set of tools to use.

Oh, and she did confirm - I AM FORD'S CUSTOMER.
Old 3/1/05, 10:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

I did call the Evil Robot Lady just to hear her sweet voice.

"As of Feb 25th, your order is screwed."
Old 3/1/05, 10:25 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Cthulhu@March 1, 2005, 1:14 AM
Allright! an argument I've never heard before! Its hard to say, isn't it? You want to think you're buying it from Ford, right? Its a Ford product, stands to reason - Its got the ford logo on it (well, not this one hardly) but Ford doesn't ever even hear your name when they're building the car. they don't think, hey, its james' redfire vert - they just say, hey, its a redfire vert and sunshine ford in springfield needs it. You think you're getting it from the dealer, but then again, they're just the ordering monkey - not like they're building them in the back (then again, it would explain the long waits and the inconsistent build times ) the way i see it, its like you go to best buy, and want some new sony MP3 player or something. but, they don't have the particular one you want on the shelves. so, they order it in for you. as far as sony is concerned,you don't exist - they're just shipping another unit to the best buy in your area. you're buying from the dealer who gets it from ford, so you can contact both of them for different kinds of info on the car. the dealer should know about YOUR car specifically, and ford should know TSBs and general info on the 05. you wouldn't call up sony worldwide and ask where your MP3 player is, would you? Luckily, you can find the ford dealer number around, and can play pretend to check on your car (I do). But don't kid yourselves - ford doesn't know about you, and they aren't concerned with you particularly, at least not on an individual scale - thats why they have dealers- so THEY can worry about us on an individual scale (notice i said why we have them, not that too many of them actually do! ) Personally, I wish you could buy directly from Ford, off their website, like any other consumer product. but, this system is pretty well established, so I don't think THAT'll happen anythime soon.
If you ordered you car, you better believe Ford knows what your name is. My name is on the invoice. When I called Ford and told them to get a move on or this repeat customer was going to cancel his order and buy something else, the customer service rep sure knew from looking at her computer screen that my wife and I have bought six Fords in the last 10 years... If only there was some way to coordinate customer service, the dealerships and production, Ford might have something there.
Old 3/1/05, 10:36 AM
V6 Member

Joe - I'll be looking for a post with your results of going to the regional rep. I'm still holding out hope on getting an '05, but thinking of pooching my order with the small town guy I started with last year and going to the Twin Cities. A dealer there says I can get an '05 by summer if I order with them.

Brad
Old 3/1/05, 03:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey I bought mine off the net Apparently they said I was the first one to order like that from them ?
Old 3/1/05, 11:21 PM
GT Member

Scott - did yur having bought 6 prior fords help you get the mustang built faster for you? I doubt that would have too much influence, there are plenty of ppl that only buy ford, but I've got 3 prior town cars and a mark VIII on the roster, if they're watching, and I wouldn't mind flexing any muscle I could
Old 3/1/05, 11:29 PM
GT Member

And jwede, redstang - you are totally right, you are ford's customer - you're buying a ford product. along with several hundred million other ppl. I'm sony's customer - i've bought more sony products than ford's (obviously) - but these companies produce so many products, they kind of need the dealers, just to sort through us all - its not personal -its hard going through the tens of thousands of orders for mustangs. I'm sure my name is on some sort of file with them, they know i'm a customer, but that does zip for me as far as i can tell. sony's got my name (from past warranties), they email me promos from time to time - trust me, i can't call them and demand my playstation 3 get here any quicker.... or can I? as far as I'm concerned, I'm buying a ford product from my dealer, just like i buy a sony product from best buy - best buy gets me my toys, and services them, and can provide some other individual services and maintenence, but just bc my warranty says sony on it, and the sony website has TSBs, manuals, and other GENERAL goodies doesn't mean I'm exclusively sony's customer. i'll admit it wasn't a perfect analogy - you can buy directly from sony's website, making you directly a sony customer. but until ford lets me do that - I'll have to go to my local "best buy" (ford dealer - its an analogy, get it? )
Old 3/2/05, 07:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Song isn't part of Best Buy corp. get it Ford corp. is made up of dealers and the factory, ford motor credit etc. apples and oranges get it
Old 3/2/05, 07:16 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Cthulhu@March 2, 2005, 12:24 AM
Scott - did yur having bought 6 prior fords help you get the mustang built faster for you? I doubt that would have too much influence, there are plenty of ppl that only buy ford, but I've got 3 prior town cars and a mark VIII on the roster, if they're watching, and I wouldn't mind flexing any muscle I could
I doubt it. I think that I got built faster than a lot of people for some reason. but that's meaningless because I can't get the car delivered. It's been five weeks now that my car has been sitting in a holding lot somewhere.
Meanwhile, when I threatened to cancel my order, the dealership and customer service both told me to go ahead if I wanted because they would just sell my car to someone else for more.
That may be, but I told them if I don't get this car, good luck selling my wife and I a new Explorer, 500 or anything else with a Ford badge on it in the future...
Old 3/2/05, 07:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Or how about they are just keeping them because of our behavier ? If we are bad here and they are watching maybe we just best be :bowdown: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Old 3/2/05, 07:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

I don't believe my behavior is bad. I want to be treated fairly. If thats bad behavior, then I'm guilty.
Old 3/2/05, 01:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Got off the phone with my dealer. The regional rep is aware of my concerns and that I have contacted Ford...GUESS WHAT? It will be pulled this week or next... the guy is a broken record.

So, to answer my original question......

NO
Old 3/2/05, 04:03 PM
GT Member

Redstang - high school debate team? you're good - you've seen the obvious flaw in my analogy, but have mercy on me - there really aren't any other buinesses that operate like car companies, at least none I could think of. again, I just wish I could order direct from ford! hmm, if they ever start doing that, i bet they put the evil robot lady in charge. your car is clean/unscheduled, and i now have your credit card number....