2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/05, 02:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is going to be my route when I get home tonight. It will be interesting to see the result if anything.
Old 2/28/05, 02:45 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale@February 28, 2005, 3:42 PM
I think you got my point, though.
yep- and the cust. service story reinstills my faith in Ford (Have heard waaaay more stories of frustration with their C.S.) Haven't been waiting too long, but if a couple of months go by and still nothing, I'll definitely be taking your approach
Old 2/28/05, 02:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I think Ford should have taken care of the customers that has order a car from the dealerships. Remember there is a big Ford sign setting out front of each dealership. Ford is the whole company not just dealerships or just a factory.
Get it together or go out of business. :nono:
Old 2/28/05, 02:59 PM
GT Member

yeah, ford sure is struggling to make ends meet...
most of the time, from what i've seen/heard, its the dealers screwing ppl over, not ford (changing orders, switching ppls orders around, etc.) And personally, I'm glad they didn't hold new orders to get to backlogged ones (flame away, I deserve it). I couldn't afford to order one last spring, but this year I could - ordered V-Day, and presumably should get it in a couple of months (sorry guys who have been c/u since november- I don't think its fair or right for you to have to wait that long, I just don't want to join you!)
Old 2/28/05, 03:00 PM
Banned

Originally posted by redstang@February 28, 2005, 5:49 PM
I think Ford should have taken care of the customers that has order a car from the dealerships. Remember there is a big Ford sign setting out front of each dealership. Ford is the whole company not just dealerships or just a factory.
Get it together or go out of business. :nono:
Did you read my post? You aren't Ford's customer for the car until it gets there and you buy it. The dealership is the customer until then.
Old 2/28/05, 03:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm going to disagree with you Grantsdale. The consumer is the customer, the dealer is a middleman. Technically you are correct, but yet still wrong. Ford wants me to keep buying cars because without the consumer, no middleman and no dealer
Old 2/28/05, 03:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale@February 28, 2005, 3:27 PM
Uhm, I never said that.
Sorry about that Grantsdale. Obvisouly, a quoting error on my part. I would never intenionally give creative kudos to those undeserving.
Old 2/28/05, 04:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have only spoke to the customer service once and that was last Friday.

I checked the VOPC and I was concerned that it no longer said I was "locked in". I called customer service to get the status (of course never indicated I knew anything about VOPC or current status). The lady was very nice, gave me the status of a build this week. She didn't know exactly what day but assured me it was a "Go" for this week. She asked me for a daytime phone number in case there were any problems and told me the dealer should get it the week of the 7th.

I know their ETA's have alot to be desired but I found it a pleasant experience and will call again if I want maybe something in more detail or an explanation of what the VOPC states.
Old 2/28/05, 07:43 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 6505pony@February 28, 2005, 5:07 PM
I have only spoke to the customer service once and that was last Friday.

I checked the VOPC and I was concerned that it no longer said I was "locked in". I called customer service to get the status (of course never indicated I knew anything about VOPC or current status). The lady was very nice, gave me the status of a build this week. She didn't know exactly what day but assured me it was a "Go" for this week. She asked me for a daytime phone number in case there were any problems and told me the dealer should get it the week of the 7th.

I know their ETA's have alot to be desired but I found it a pleasant experience and will call again if I want maybe something in more detail or an explanation of what the VOPC states.
I called customer service for the NINTH time today since my car is now a couple of days short of a month past the ETA for delivery.
The woman, as those before her, tried to be dismissive and tell me that there was no way to tell where my car was or when it would be delivered.
Finally, after much persistence, she admitted what I suspected all along: My car is still at the factory where it is sitting in a giant parking lot full of Mustang GTs that are awaiting repairs for quality control issues. It is being held INDEFINTELY. :bang: Apparently quality hasn't been job 1 at Ford for quite some time now. :notnice:
I can't tell you how much I appreciate being led on by the dealer and customer service. The last time I called a week ago they told me my car had defintely left the plan and would arrive by Feb. 22. That was apparently based completely on fantasy. I stick by my original statement: Customer service is useless. They only tell you what you want to hear.
Old 2/28/05, 08:04 PM
Banned

Originally posted by jwede@February 28, 2005, 6:07 PM
I'm going to disagree with you Grantsdale. The consumer is the customer, the dealer is a middleman. Technically you are correct, but yet still wrong. Ford wants me to keep buying cars because without the consumer, no middleman and no dealer
Sorry, but you are wrong. You are the DEALERSHIP's customer. The dealership is Ford's customer. You do not do business with Ford. When you give your down payment, who do you write it to? The dealership.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be updated with status on your car. Just that you should be getting it from your dealership, not from Ford.
Old 2/28/05, 08:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

If I am wrong, then why would they have a customer service number for the general public? I don't want to get into a exquisite feeling release of liquid waste product match, I see your point, but mine is valid as well.
Old 2/28/05, 08:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

I love the language filter btw.....
Old 2/28/05, 08:27 PM
Banned

Originally posted by jwede@February 28, 2005, 11:15 PM
If I am wrong, then why would they have a customer service number for the general public? I don't want to get into a exquisite feeling release of liquid waste product match, I see your point, but mine is valid as well.

The customer service number is meant to be for things such as "Does my car have any recalls" and things of that nature. Not production status.
Old 2/28/05, 10:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+February 28, 2005, 9:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Grantsdale @ February 28, 2005, 9:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jwede@February 28, 2005, 6:07 PM
Sorry, but you are wrong. You are the DEALERSHIP's customer. The dealership is Ford's customer. You do not do business with Ford. When you give your down payment, who do you write it to? The dealership.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be updated with status on your car. Just that you should be getting it from your dealership, not from Ford.
[/b][/quote]

I'm going to agree with Jwede on this. My car is Ford. That is why I can take it to ANY dealership in the country to have it serviced, not just the dealership where I purchased the vehicle. B)
Old 2/28/05, 10:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Grantsdale you said it best CUSTOMER SERVICE number not recall and things.
A Company like Ford should not make the customer pay for the problems that the dealers and factory are have in getting a product to their customers. :nono:
Old 2/28/05, 10:50 PM
GT Member

Customer service should be there to give the customer someplace to turn when they can't get the info they need from their local dealer. The dealer is a franchise, but the manufacturer has to have some responsibility for monitoring the products and services the dealer sells.
I think Ford should defintely answer questions about production when some people are getting their cars in six weeks and others can't get them in six months.
Old 3/1/05, 12:11 AM
GT Member

Allright! an argument I've never heard before! Its hard to say, isn't it? You want to think you're buying it from Ford, right? Its a Ford product, stands to reason - Its got the ford logo on it (well, not this one hardly) but Ford doesn't ever even hear your name when they're building the car. they don't think, hey, its james' redfire vert - they just say, hey, its a redfire vert and sunshine ford in springfield needs it. You think you're getting it from the dealer, but then again, they're just the ordering monkey - not like they're building them in the back (then again, it would explain the long waits and the inconsistent build times ) the way i see it, its like you go to best buy, and want some new sony MP3 player or something. but, they don't have the particular one you want on the shelves. so, they order it in for you. as far as sony is concerned,you don't exist - they're just shipping another unit to the best buy in your area. you're buying from the dealer who gets it from ford, so you can contact both of them for different kinds of info on the car. the dealer should know about YOUR car specifically, and ford should know TSBs and general info on the 05. you wouldn't call up sony worldwide and ask where your MP3 player is, would you? Luckily, you can find the ford dealer number around, and can play pretend to check on your car (I do). But don't kid yourselves - ford doesn't know about you, and they aren't concerned with you particularly, at least not on an individual scale - thats why they have dealers- so THEY can worry about us on an individual scale (notice i said why we have them, not that too many of them actually do! ) Personally, I wish you could buy directly from Ford, off their website, like any other consumer product. but, this system is pretty well established, so I don't think THAT'll happen anythime soon.
Old 3/1/05, 04:18 AM
V6 Member

So does anyone have the email address for customer service handy?
Old 3/1/05, 05:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

There isn't an email adress, but rather a web form.

Ford Customer Service Email

If anyone has anything different, please post.
Old 3/1/05, 06:43 AM
Bullitt Member

cthulhu Best Buy isn't a franchise for Sony. The Ford dealers are and I say again FORD dealers. :nono:

Quick Reply: Customer Service