2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Cosmetic factory issue

Search this Thread

Old 12/18/04, 11:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I cleaned/waxed my car today for around 4 hours, and I noticed something sumdged on my back right side window. Not just a small smudge, but I very long one. I scrubbed and scrubbed from both sides of the window, inside and out. I used goo - gone, I tried everything. I finally came to the conclusion: Someone got their fingerprint on the inside of my glass. I do think it is double sided, I'm not completely sure. I wish my camera worked so I could get a picture of it.

Anyway, I called my dealer, and they said it would be covered in the cosmetic part of the warranty, so the window will be replaced in the spring when I drive it again.

Wow, springtime will mean lots of changes for my car ... stripes, new window, sequentials, and while they are working at the windows, I just might have them tinted.

I just think its kinda odd though to have that fingerprint in there...
Old 12/18/04, 11:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by DJ07@December 18, 2004, 10:09 PM
So, I cleaned/waxed my car today for around 4 hours, and I noticed something sumdged on my back right side window. Not just a small smudge, but I very long one. I scrubbed and scrubbed from both sides of the window, inside and out. I used goo - gone, I tried everything. I finally came to the conclusion: Someone got their fingerprint on the inside of my glass. I do think it is double sided, I'm not completely sure. I wish my camera worked so I could get a picture of it.

Anyway, I called my dealer, and they said it would be covered in the cosmetic part of the warranty, so the window will be replaced in the spring when I drive it again.

Wow, springtime will mean lots of changes for my car ... stripes, new window, sequentials, and while they are working at the windows, I just might have them tinted.

If you're gonna have the windows tinted anyway.....I doubt you would see any fingerprint anyway? Just a thought.....
Old 12/18/04, 11:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, no, I probably will, its not just a fingerprint, rather, it seems whomever put in my window had grease or something on their gloves because its a smear of something, but I can see the fingerprints in there.
Old 12/19/04, 08:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey they are willing to make it right, go for it. If you pass it up now you most likely will not get another bite at that apple.
Old 12/19/04, 11:45 AM

DJ07,

I had the same problem, on the same window. During the cleaning process, I realized that the window was not sealed properly and, at a certain angle and pressure, water could get into the car.

I had it replaced for the leak issue, the new one did not have a print on it.
Old 12/19/04, 11:48 AM
FR500 Member

You know what would be cool, actual smoked windows, not film for the rear quarters!
Old 12/19/04, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Might as well get it perfect while someone else is footing the bill. Even if it wasn`t noticable with the tint, You would still know it is there. BTW, hope to see you out on the streets o C-Town. I`ll be the one in the silver GT w/ Titanium stripes.
Old 12/19/04, 02:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@December 19, 2004, 10:51 AM
You know what would be cool, actual smoked windows, not film for the rear quarters!
Exacta-mundo.....
Old 12/19/04, 04:07 PM
Cobra Member

My 99 had a fingerprint on the inside of the plastic instrument panel. I only saw it during certain lighting, but never took it out to remove it. I agree, the dealer should replace the window.
Old 12/20/04, 08:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by workingOn3@December 19, 2004, 12:48 PM
DJ07,

I had the same problem, on the same window. During the cleaning process, I realized that the window was not sealed properly and, at a certain angle and pressure, water could get into the car.

I had it replaced for the leak issue, the new one did not have a print on it.
My windsheild has two water streak running down it. I did not notice it until a few days later. The window fogged up and I noticed the streaks runnin down, and that they were on the inside.

Since then I have not had any leaks, so I will just sit back until I notice more streaks.
Old 12/20/04, 09:20 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My front window has a section that looks like a piece of tape was on it. This appears only if the window is fogged up. I have tried removing it but no luck. The dealer will look at it this week. It is not a big deal, but this is the second windshield in the car since the first one was cracked during transportation.
Old 12/20/04, 10:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by DJ07@December 19, 2004, 12:09 AM

i got the same thing. i thought i was from where they applied the "quality is job #1" static sticker to my drivers side rear window. i tried scrubbing it away with "Stoners" but it didn't work. maybe a little alcohol would do the trick?
Old 12/20/04, 11:53 AM
Cobra Member

You should call the local CSI, it could be a crime scene!

Old 12/20/04, 01:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, the Ford Job #1 sticker is on the other window...

also, my driver side door, when you open it, down by the rocker panel, it still has some plastic stuck to it and sticky stuff that wont come off it.
Old 12/21/04, 09:08 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my passenger side satin aluminum door sill scuff plate with bright MUSTANG lettering insert, was just the regular black one. called the dealer and they ups'ed me a new one no charge no problem.