Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by SixtySix@February 15, 2005, 9:19 AM
What was the topic again?
Something about Mustangs I think...
Old 2/15/05, 08:37 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by IWantMyNewGT+February 15, 2005, 10:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IWantMyNewGT @ February 15, 2005, 10:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SixtySix@February 15, 2005, 9:19 AM
What was the topic again?
Something about Mustangs I think...
[/b][/quote]

Ain't that some kind of horse?
Old 2/15/05, 09:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

SixtySix, & CelticCub,

I think this is a perspective problem my friends, you must not live in the parts of the country that doesn’t makes much, our area is gutted. It’s not because we can’t compete and win, we lose because of loopholes and un-in forced trade rules.

I’m sure the “Global Economy†concept is more palatable when you don’t face the consequences…. Yet. Let us be your cannery in the mine shaft.

Buy Made and Owen in U.S.A. when you can, this is something you can do now that you have a choice. Next you can to have your representative government make trade fair. When you see so many out of work for so long they are not even part of the numbers for unemployment you understand.

Respectfully MustangDan

This topic is about not buying a G35.
Old 2/15/05, 09:21 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by kcrw898+February 14, 2005, 6:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kcrw898 @ February 14, 2005, 6:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by kcrw898@February 14, 2005, 4:30 PM
Originally posted by holderca1@February 13, 2005, 7:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-94tbird
@February 13, 2005, 6:29 PM
not ignorant nor am i stupid. i kno the motors arent made here and i kno i got lots of foriegn crap in my house but at least i support my own darn country whenever i can and ford is an american tradition. why support these bastards in other countries. keep our money here where it belongs instead of watching other ppl get rich in some country i couldnt give 2 thoughts about.

Don't lecture me on supporting my country, I support my country a lot more than buying an American car will ever do. Japan is our ally and has been since WWII. It's not like he bought a North Korean car.

If they are such a good ally, why the heck do they flood our market with cars and make it next to impossible for us to sell ours in japan? Think about it.
Are you saying I am ignorant? This is a fact! Do you know how high the tarrifs are on our cars in Japan? Do you? Our cars are way more expensive then they should be in Japan, and theirs are so cheap here! Is that fair? No, that is flooding our market. It's partly our fault, but it's fact and not ignorance dude.
[/b][/quote]
Who are you talking to, you just quoted yourself? Are you asking if you called yourself ignorant?
Old 2/15/05, 09:24 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Clemens9@February 12, 2005, 2:23 PM
I asked about getting some of my 5k deposit back. After he said i could get 4k back
First off, you don't ask for some. You ask for all. If they car has not been locked in, they can change it at anytime. Second, 5k? I put 500 even though I didn't have to, because my dealership has been nothing short of great. I had a build date within a week or two of ordering. It took me a while but I found the right dealership and I would have run for the hills if they asked for 5k.
Old 2/15/05, 09:31 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Altoid+February 15, 2005, 10:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Altoid @ February 15, 2005, 10:27 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Clemens9@February 12, 2005, 2:23 PM
I asked about getting some of my 5k deposit back. After he said i could get 4k back
First off, you don't ask for some. You ask for all. If they car has not been locked in, they can change it at anytime. Second, 5k? I put 500 even though I didn't have to, because my dealership has been nothing short of great. I had a build date within a week or two of ordering. It took me a while but I found the right dealership and I would have run for the hills if they asked for 5k.
[/b][/quote]
Hmmm, that's interesting, I didn't have to put a deposit down at all and I had my car in about 7 weeks. I wonder for those that didn't have to put a deposit down, how soon did you get your cars?
Old 2/15/05, 09:45 AM
Cobra Member

For anyone that remembers or cares, I have decided to stick it out with the Mustang rather than spend 30k on a 4 yr old vette with no warranty. The vette was a great car, but for the same price, the stang was a much more practical choice.
Old 2/15/05, 09:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@February 15, 2005, 10:48 AM
For anyone that remembers or cares, I have decided to stick it out with the Mustang rather than spend 30k on a 4 yr old vette with no warranty. The vette was a great car, but for the same price, the stang was a much more practical choice.
Good call!
Michael
Old 2/15/05, 09:52 AM
Bullitt Member

second that
Old 2/15/05, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Wow, back on topic.....
Old 2/15/05, 10:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

what happens to unfilled 05 orders when 06's start?
Old 2/15/05, 10:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by jwede@February 15, 2005, 11:06 AM
what happens to unfilled 05 orders when 06's start?
Hopefully there won't be any, but they willl probably fall into the abyss of mustangs that never were.
Old 2/15/05, 10:32 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by MustangDan@February 15, 2005, 9:04 AM
SixtySix, & CelticCub,

I think this is a perspective problem my friends......
Tell ya what Dan, now that somebody is making a nice attempt at bringing this back on topic, start up a thread in "Off Topic" on buying American, or whatever you want to call it, I'll respond there, This discussion doesn't really belong in the general 05 Mustang forum.

Oh yeah, nice choice KC Tim
Old 2/15/05, 10:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

OK this is an ignorant response, I'll admit I skipped about 4 pages of arguing, but I just have to state for the record...

I killed a precious G35 on highway 64 in apex about a week ago...but only by about 2 car lenths....
Old 2/15/05, 11:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by os121+February 14, 2005, 6:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(os121 @ February 14, 2005, 6:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Clemens9@February 14, 2005, 7:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-os121
@February 14, 2005, 6:13 PM
Hey Clemens9, After reading 7 pages of posts I think I understand your desire to get a G35. If that is your decision I wish you the best with it - it is a nice car. What I don't understand is why you continue to post out here - this place is infested with Mustang enthusiasts - and for good reason since it is a Mustang forum. I have a question for you. Are you hanging around because a small part of you still yearns for a Mustang ?

Its because I owned a Mustang for 5 years, and usually enjoy talking about them. I only read two forums, one is a V6 mustang website (I had a V6 mustang before my 94 GT), and the other one is this one. Just because I am not buying another Mustang does not mean I dont respect the cars. I probably spent more time wrenching on a 5.0 than 95% of the people on this board, I definetally love the cars, but at this point in my life, I am ready for something nicer.

The other part is I enjoy arguing with some of the people on this board
Cool. That makes sense. I won't try to convince you about how nice the new GT is (but it is lol ! ) Good luck with the G35.
[/b][/quote]

Mark,

This is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth. ie. not much in the scheme of things.

I've read several pages of posts on this subject. Some on and many off topic. I don't hear you dissing the mustang and I don't need you buying one to validate my decision. I think the Infinity is a very cool car. I have no issues with buy American or not...the distinction is blurred these days anyway, what with so many "foreign" manufacturers making cars here in the states. After all, these aren't countries we're talking about, but businesses. And businesses are going to do what's good for business. Actually countries are going to try and do what's good for business, too. It is money, not ideals, that runs things. But I digress.

Something you may not have considered is how you will feel about the car after some months or perhaps a year of ownership. After the "bloom" has faded. I am speaking from the fact that I have owned alot of cars, both foreign and domestic. Some have that "special something" and some do not. I don't know what it says about me that I have owned 7 fox and sn-95 cars, but for some reason I relate to mustangs, and when I have been "mustangless" I have always found a way to justify getting another one. That is why when I went and drove the '05, I knew that I would be getting one. It is just so much more car in so many ways that the previous versions. (yes, even the '03 cobra) flame away

Here's my experience: Japanese cars are extremely good, but I become bored with them quickly. I have owned several. Perhaps the G-35, being rear wheel drive and sporty would be different. I don't know for sure, cause I've only tested the six speed sedan. For me, Japanese cars are kind of like living with a woman that always agrees with you and always says yes. Where's the spice in that?

My experience with German cars is limited to '78Audi fox GTI (wish I still had it cause it's unique), '78 rust bucket scirrocco beater, and the "99A8 that my wife presently drives. The A8 is a really good car with that "special something" IMO, but it reminds me of a kid that never gets enough attention. It always needs something. Still, that is kind of endearing in a perverted sort of way. It certainly isn't boring.

Haven't owned any French, Italian, Korean, Swedish, or British cars, although the Ford focus is very popular with the English, and my svt is essentially an st-170 in Europe. Really great car, by the way. But I digress.

I guess what I'm trying to say (I'm taking the long way) is that if you are like me, you'll get bored with the G-35. However, you may not be like me, which would definately be to your advantage.
Old 2/15/05, 11:18 AM
Cobra Member

Well put, and I agree. I usually find myself attracted to an American sporty coupe with a V8 after owning a Japanese car. On the other hand, it is hard to deny the quality and performance of some of the imports, even if they lack some personality, character, or whatever you call it.
Old 2/15/05, 11:36 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by smitty@February 15, 2005, 1:07 PM
I guess what I'm trying to say (I'm taking the long way) is that if you are like me, you'll get bored with the G-35. However, you may not be like me, which would definately be to your advantage.
Well said, Smitty. That was one of the best replies to a post I've ever seen. It was articulate and thoughtfully written. Some posts sound like they're written by people taking English as a second language! (not mentioning names)

I agree with a lot of what you said, especially about cars having that "something special." I love driving my Audi A4, but I think that the Mustang will better suit my immediate needs. I've had three 'Stangs over the past 10 years and each of them was a pleasure to own and operate. If I had paid attention to my buying trends, I surely would have held out for the 2005 Mustang. Impatience played a key role in my decision to purchase the Audi. I have no regrets, just awful timing! I expect to get into another 'Stang in the Summer. I am sure I will miss the Audi to some degree, but I know I'll be happy in the long run.
Old 2/15/05, 12:02 PM

stupid thread!!!.......

I'm dutch and i love my '97 Mustang, should i sell it because it's an american car????
COME ON GUYS WE LIVE TOGETHER ON THE SAME STUPID PANCAKE!!!
Japanese cars, Asian, German, French, English....
D*nm should i drive a Daf????
There are people from other countries in here too, don't say that your not willing to support other countries by buying a Japanese or German car.....
A '05 Mustang GT costs $50.000 in Holland for the ones who where wondering....

After 6 pages i felt needed to say this, sorry..
But if someone is feeling happyer in a G35 let him and don't p*ss on him because it's a car from another country!

Ramember ----> I <---- drive a Mustang and i'm proud and never concidered another car because a Mustang is American

Rien (who loves america altough i never bin there but i will someday)
Old 2/15/05, 12:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1+February 15, 2005, 11:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holderca1 @ February 15, 2005, 11:24 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by kcrw898@February 14, 2005, 6:53 PM
Originally posted by kcrw898@February 14, 2005, 4:30 PM
Originally posted by holderca1@February 13, 2005, 7:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-94tbird
@February 13, 2005, 6:29 PM
not ignorant nor am i stupid. i kno the motors arent made here and i kno i got lots of foriegn crap in my house but at least i support my own darn country whenever i can and ford is an american tradition. why support these bastards in other countries. keep our money here where it belongs instead of watching other ppl get rich in some country i couldnt give 2 thoughts about.

Don't lecture me on supporting my country, I support my country a lot more than buying an American car will ever do. Japan is our ally and has been since WWII. It's not like he bought a North Korean car.

If they are such a good ally, why the heck do they flood our market with cars and make it next to impossible for us to sell ours in japan? Think about it.

Are you saying I am ignorant? This is a fact! Do you know how high the tarrifs are on our cars in Japan? Do you? Our cars are way more expensive then they should be in Japan, and theirs are so cheap here! Is that fair? No, that is flooding our market. It's partly our fault, but it's fact and not ignorance dude.
Who are you talking to, you just quoted yourself? Are you asking if you called yourself ignorant?
[/b][/quote]

no, i was responding to someone who asked if there was a icon for ignorance, I don't know what happened dude.

Quick Reply: Cancelling my GT order