2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Cancelling my GT order

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/05, 05:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by holderca1+February 13, 2005, 7:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holderca1 @ February 13, 2005, 7:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-94tbird@February 13, 2005, 6:29 PM
not ignorant nor am i stupid. i kno the motors arent made here and i kno i got lots of foriegn crap in my house but at least i support my own darn country whenever i can and ford is an american tradition. why support these bastards in other countries. keep our money here where it belongs instead of watching other ppl get rich in some country i couldnt give 2 thoughts about.
Don't lecture me on supporting my country, I support my country a lot more than buying an American car will ever do. Japan is our ally and has been since WWII. It's not like he bought a North Korean car.
[/b][/quote]

"fight...fight...fight"
Old 2/13/05, 05:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1+February 13, 2005, 7:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holderca1 @ February 13, 2005, 7:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-94tbird@February 13, 2005, 6:29 PM
not ignorant nor am i stupid. i kno the motors arent made here and i kno i got lots of foriegn crap in my house but at least i support my own darn country whenever i can and ford is an american tradition. why support these bastards in other countries. keep our money here where it belongs instead of watching other ppl get rich in some country i couldnt give 2 thoughts about.
Don't lecture me on supporting my country, I support my country a lot more than buying an American car will ever do. Japan is our ally and has been since WWII. It's not like he bought a North Korean car.
[/b][/quote]

"fight...fight...fight"
Old 2/13/05, 05:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks all for such an enjoyable topic. With all the different directions the topic went. From the original topic of a scumbag dealer to specifications on the cars to patriotism. Very enjoyable. My thought on the original topic. Getting the runaround from a dealer stinks and you should move on to another. Just one thing I noticed with alot of people in this world. NO PATIENCE! To all waiting for their Mustangs Good Luck! To Clemens Good Luck on your choice of car but just remember are you the type of person that a year from now say " Hey I should have waited for the Mustang "? If not Good Luck and Happy Motoring! :w00t:
Old 2/13/05, 05:58 PM
V6 Member

Well put Mangler.
Old 2/13/05, 07:19 PM
Bullitt Member

94tbird...i am with you...i guess since toyota moved their plants here, all those buyers are buying american? my .02 to US car companies...keep outsourcing....sooner or later you will all see the light on keeping business on US soil, as at one point or another, outsourcing to save a few bucks will bite you in the ****...........not too mention cost you money in the long run, crumbling what meager financial gains you get by doing so....just like DELL outsourcing their customer service to Bangalore---ugly stuff on the horizon, check out their customer service ranking since they headed 3rd world---not an opinion but a fact
Old 2/13/05, 08:52 PM

gotta laugh at the jawing back and forth between the G35 and Mustang here. Both are great cars, different uses. There's no reason to bash one vs. the other. Funny thing is that i've given thought to both cars. I'm at a point right now where a sedan makes more sense for me, but a car like the Mustang seems like a lot of fun. So it's a question of priorities and what's more important.

As for the G35 being a car for those in the "would of could of should of club", I have to laugh at the idiocy of that statement. First, while I (and many others) can definitely afford more automobile than a G35, some people prioritized the dollars they spend. Secondly...you would HAVE, should HAVE, and could HAVE taken an English class to learn proper use of the language...
Old 2/13/05, 08:57 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by tommyg@February 13, 2005, 9:55 PM
gotta laugh at the jawing back and forth between the G35 and Mustang here. Both are great cars, different uses. There's no reason to bash one vs. the other. Funny thing is that i've given thought to both cars. I'm at a point right now where a sedan makes more sense for me, but a car like the Mustang seems like a lot of fun. So it's a question of priorities and what's more important.
Well, the G35 I am going to get is the sports coupe. I think a lot of people on this site think that all G35s are the 4 door sedans, they don't realize that I am talking about the coupe. The two cars look totally different and have different feels to them.
Old 2/14/05, 12:35 PM
Cobra Member

Mark,

I'm with you on the G35 coupe. It's a wonderful car, built to a higher level of quality than the Mustang, but you should expect it at this price point. Tires will be expensive to replace and you can't rotate them, but the car is wonderful and if you look on the internet forums, the owners seem to be reporting significantly less problems with their cars. I personally don't like the tighter fitting seats in the coupe, or I'd buy one. I can get their Z plan pricing, which is almost invoice, but that's on a $37k car. Last year the car was ranked to hold 50% of its resale value, over 5 years, which makes it less costly than the sticker price would indicate. You even get a host of other options the Mustang doesn't offer including a sunroof, power telescoping wheel, IRS, and real high-quality leather seats. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you can step up to the G35 from the Mustang, as long as you can live with the sound of the 6-cylinder. I love the car, and it is my 2nd choice behind the Mustang.

Good luck with your decision!
Old 2/14/05, 01:57 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Clemens9+February 13, 2005, 10:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Clemens9 @ February 13, 2005, 10:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-tommyg@February 13, 2005, 9:55 PM
Well, the G35 I am going to get is the sports coupe. I think a lot of people on this site think that all G35s are the 4 door sedans, they don't realize that I am talking about the coupe. The two cars look totally different and have different feels to them.
[/b][/quote]

yea the coupe is disgusting
Old 2/14/05, 02:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Clemens9+February 12, 2005, 5:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Clemens9 @ February 12, 2005, 5:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RaGsHoCkEy88@February 12, 2005, 3:44 PM
ur making a big mistake with the g35....there as common as civics. if u waited u can wait alittle longer....take ur business elsewhere at least. ur gonna regret ur decision

Haha. They only sell about 30,000 G35 coupes every year in the US, compared to about 100,000 Mustangs. Go test drive one and tell me that it isn't a better all around car (Quality, styling, interior comfort) than the Mustang.
[/b][/quote]

Well, my brother has a G35 on a lease, it's a darn nice car, but it's not American, in fact, it's Japanese, but Nissan/Infiniti is also owned by the French, so no thank you. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy a foreign car, I have, but there sure is a heck of a lot more aura, history, tradition and Americana in the Mustang. I would have waited for the Mustang, summer isn't even here yet, what's the hurry? Plus you'd have the peace of mind knowing you're supporting America. I understand the gripes about Ford though and they're dealers, they are run very poorly. I wasn't shown any features on the car at all, I had to ask for a test drive. I knew more about the vehicle then the salesmen who has been working there 20 years, it's just incredible. And we think the Lions can compete someday? They are run by the same people. Ford can have a hall of famer like barry sanders, and they don't know how to win with him, Ford can have a hall of famer like the Mustang, and they don't know how to capitalize on it and treat their customers right. Until they learn, Toyota, the Packers, Honda and the Patriots will continue to kick their asses. I haven't owned a Ford in 25 years, this is the only one I'd ever consider owning. I think they built this vehicle right ( i hope, wear and tear will tell), but they really must treat customer's better, they take us for granted, as all the american auto manufacturers do. Still, in spite of it all, I like the piece of mind of buying American, but it's getting tougher, it really is. The other cars on my wish list were the Mazda 6 (built at same plant as Mustang), Rav 4, Jeep Liberty, Nissan Altima and Lancer Evo. While I feel American quality has improved tremendously, the service has not, and most of the American cars styling is u-g-l-y. GM is the worst in styling, the Cobalt and G6 is just updated Cavalier and Grand Am, they are fooling nobody and they will be flops. The Mustang, in spite of Ford's service, i :worship: s absolutely amazing.
Still, unless something drastic happens, my next car will very likely NOT be a Ford.
Old 2/14/05, 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

[/b][/quote]

If they are such a good ally, why the heck do they flood our market with cars and make it next to impossible for us to sell ours in japan? Think about it.
Old 2/14/05, 02:33 PM
Bullitt Member

^ do we have an "ignorant" smiley? ^
Old 2/14/05, 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

I ordered 1/20 build date 2/28. GT premium with all the goodies!
Find another dealer
Old 2/14/05, 03:27 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by kcrw898@February 14, 2005, 3:19 PM
Well, my brother has a G35 on a lease, it's a darn nice car, but it's not American, in fact, it's Japanese, but Nissan/Infiniti is also owned by the French, so no thank you. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy a foreign car, I have, but there sure is a heck of a lot more aura, history, tradition and Americana in the Mustang. I would have waited for the Mustang, summer isn't even here yet, what's the hurry? Plus you'd have the peace of mind knowing you're supporting America.
I am confused.l. Your post first talks about getting the american car to support America, and then you talk about how much better Japanese cars are.

Am I the only person who buys a car because I like how it looks and how it drives, and not because of its history and the fact that its from a certain country?

If I would have waited for the Mustang, I never would have gotten it. My dealer was pushing my order backwards, not forwards. Also, its florida here, Winter doesn't matter.
Old 2/14/05, 03:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by kcrw898@February 14, 2005, 3:30 PM

If they are such a good ally, why the heck do they flood our market with cars and make it next to impossible for us to sell ours in japan? Think about it.
Because their cars are generally better and last longer than American cars.
Old 2/14/05, 03:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

France is practically a suburb of Germany..... That's why France and Germany have always been allies. :Eruo trip:

some of the posts on this thread made me think of that, i just thought it was funny.
Old 2/14/05, 03:38 PM
FR500 Member

Yeah me!

The whole it's not made in America line is pointless nowadays, most asian imports are in fact built here in america by american workers...wake up and smell the coffee, it's not WW II anymore. It's a global economy whether you like it or not.

But back to my point, yes I do consider the looks and performance of the car, that's why I chose the Mustang over the 350z.

Doesn't matter if it's nicer, cheaper or whatever.... nobody else makes anything even close to the new Mustang at it's price point.
Old 2/14/05, 03:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by kcrw898+February 14, 2005, 5:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kcrw898 @ February 14, 2005, 5:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by holderca1@February 13, 2005, 7:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-94tbird
@February 13, 2005, 6:29 PM

[/b][/quote]

Free trade makes all countries better off.
Old 2/14/05, 03:49 PM
Bullitt Member

^ What SixtySix said -> that is a good rationale for buying a mustang. WWII is not.

shoot, i may even buy an indian car someday. the Ambassador that they have there is very nice.

uh oh, does that mean I am indirectly supporting the british because they used to pretty much run the country? And we had to revolt against them over 200 years ago...? dang, how could I make such a mistake.

must buy Ford Only. dang british
Old 2/14/05, 03:52 PM
Bullitt Member

on that note, i shouldnt ever buy Sony either eh? their new mp3 player is nice, but i guess i'll stick with my Cupertino, CA designed iPod!

Quick Reply: Cancelling my GT order