2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Call me crazy. Fine, I'm crazy.

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/04, 10:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by TennesseeMustangManiac@September 15, 2004, 1:39 AM
Well, I was sitting in class today...dreaming of my mustang to be, and I realized something. Why do I want a mustang? I really have always wanted one because they are a great american muscle car, but other cars would fit my needs just as well. Then I wondered, why do I need a fast car, I then realized that I am a VERY conservative driver, rarely exceeding 5 mph over the speed limit. I realized that anything Ford makes would suit me well enough. Now I can't stop thinking that maybe I should get another explorer, a nice black one 02/03. I just don't know, I love the mustangs, but for some reason I have become passive about the whole situation. I am confused, I mean my dorm room is littered with mustang stuff, tin signs, posters, a clock. But I feel that since I do now reside in Colorado a nice explorer might be good. I just am so confused, its driving me nuts. I don't know what to do anymore. If I get a mustang I can have a 5-speed, possibly a V8 04 or a V6 05. That would be a lot of fun. However, I do not have much room to put stuff and I need room for the cross country drives. However, I have had a explorer for about 5 years now and I am perfectly happy, but some times while driving it I pretend it has a manual transmission and that really makes me want a mustang. But since I have an old body style explorer in a crimson red that I am not too fond of maybe that is the reason. I am just so mad at all the vehicular chaos in my head. Does anyone have any advice or encouragement for me?
just go to a dealer and drive one next month. Problem solved.
Old 9/15/04, 10:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with you Sonic98GT, "A Mustang is something different. It has a mystique. It has a history. It has the style, the breeding, and the heart of what IS an American icon."...that's what gets me.

I've already owned own American Icon, the Jeep CJ-7 and still drive a Jeep though a Grand Cherokee now for the family but there is nothing like a Jeep. The Mustang is the only other American car that I put in as iconic a status as the Jeep...the owners are the only ones I've seen as dedicated and crazy about their vehicles as Jeepers are.

I'm a family man with a wife and 2 kids (6,9) and the Mustang doesn't "make sense" but if I keep the family Jeep (paid off and in good repair) for family trips and hauling duties and the wife keeps her Maxima we'll get the Stang for my daily driver and the family fun weekend car. We'll all have fun driving the kids to Little League games and gymnastics meets...and I'll get a s--- kickin grin on my face every day when I rumble out of the garage and off to work!!! I've dug the Mustang since high school when my buddies had 5.0 GTs and Capris and my sis had a V6 Mustang but after enjoying Gone in 60 seconds and seeing the 05 in the car mags I got the fever to get me one!!

:drive:
Old 9/15/04, 11:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Why drive a Mustang? One might just as well ask why you should keep breathing!

When your old and wrinkled, and your leg is killing you, and your colostomy bag is full, and that darn nurse keeps giving you pills, and your grandkids won't visit, wait, you forgot you don't have any, whatever...what moments in your life are you going to remember?

Never heard my grandfather brag about "that trusty old Plymouth Volare'"

Never heard my grandmother say "Oh, honey, one time I got to ride in a MINIVAN!"

Never heard my uncle regret getting rid of "my economical old VW Rabbit, now there was a car!"

Because those things are ordinary lumps of pot metal, convenient arrangements of rubber and wire and steel that get you from point A to point B.

They're not Mustangs. Mustangs are for having times worth remembering.

Mustangs are about being wild and free, hair on fire, no cares in the world but what the girl in the seat next to you has in mind....

Racing through the untamed desert, 20 miles in your rearview mirror, trailing a cloud of dust behind you...

Taking that twisty country road just a little faster than necessary, just because you can....

Cruising to the beach with your best friends, the ones you know so well that you all laugh at the same time when THAT song comes on...

That knowing, jealous glance from your soulless neighbor in his soulless import car, trapped in suburban conformist he**.

Me? I'm havin' some memories in this car. Before I can't. If you actually checked the MPG, your probably not ready.
Old 9/15/04, 11:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well here is a thousand reasons to get an 05 Mustang all summed up. Hope it helps your decision.
Old 9/15/04, 11:42 AM
GT Member

Reading everyone else's stories on "why mustang" just reinforces the answer to that question for me. I, too, grew up listening to mustang stories, watching mustang movies, and lusting after the classic looks of the 60s fastbacks. This new 'stang had me hooked with the concept pictures. When the production version came out I had trouble sleeping. Until then, my dream was to restomod a 68 fastback that I could drive everyday without worry. Now it's like I can have the best of both worlds--classic goodlooks, character, good performance, and a car with a warranty. Why a mustang-- you only live once, and if your gut is dragging you to the 05 as hard as mine is, you'd be remiss to ignore it. I screwed up several years ago, ignored my gut, and twice talked myself out of buying shelby mustangs (65 and 68)--I've regretted both of those decisions ever since. That will not happen this time.
Old 9/15/04, 12:00 PM
Cobra Member

A few years ago, I woldn't have even thought of getting a Mustang...

Yet, when I think back, the Mustang is really one of two cars I have ever really idolized since I was a young kid (the other being the Corvette). The Stang is really not that insensible, it pretty much has the same room as my Jetta, nearly the same gas mileage and about 3x horsepower.

Convinced yet?
Old 9/15/04, 12:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@September 15, 2004, 2:31 AM
Your nic name alone should answer your question.
Yeah! You've got the name, now all you need is the car! hehehehe! Com-on ----- Life's short. Take a chance!
Old 9/15/04, 12:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Follow your head when it comes to the financial stuff, but follow your heart for the car you love and you wouldn't be on this board unless the car you loved was called, MUSTANG.

Wherever I go in my Trueblue, people are always telling me they like my car, but that is not it, this is usually followed by, well my dad use to have a 69, or my grandpa loved his 70 Mustang and that is one thing that someone above me said, that when you are old and maybe alone the one thing that will always be on your mind will be the good times you had in the stang.

I know for me I always say that as crazy as things get, this stang of mine is my therapy, I really don't know what I would be doing if I didn't have this car, simply because is a MUSTANG, no compromises, get in the car, start her up, and hold on, that is therapy that no doctor can provide.

In a sea for 350Zs, G35s, RX8s, Camaros and other nices cars the name MUSTANG will always stand out.

Convinced yet?
Old 9/15/04, 01:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by trublustang03@September 15, 2004, 12:44 PM
I know for me I always say that as crazy as things get, this stang of mine is my therapy,
I know what you mean. I can just get in one and drive home from work and forget about all the PITA stuff that hapened thu the day.
Old 9/15/04, 01:27 PM
Cobra Member

mustang=fun=good
Old 9/15/04, 01:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have an Explorer, which I need to haul stuff, but I want a Mustang too. Solution? Keep the Explorer and drive it when I need it. PL/PD insurance on it is cheap (it's 12 years old).

I have a friend who rode home as a newborn from the hospital in a 65 Mustang. I can't wait to bring my first kid home in the 05 Mustang. I wonder if that will be a legend by the time he/she grows up?

The Mustang is going to get better mileage than my truck, and be way more fun to drive, so how could I not buy it, especially considering how much I love the car?
Old 9/15/04, 01:56 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Dr Iven@September 15, 2004, 1:31 AM
Manager of a chocolate factory run by extremely hot brunettes. Nah... I ain't got the schoolin' for that.
Wait - there's schooling available for that?
Old 9/15/04, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MR325iT+September 15, 2004, 1:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MR325iT @ September 15, 2004, 1:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dr Iven@September 15, 2004, 1:31 AM
Manager of a chocolate factory run by extremely hot brunettes. Nah... I ain't got the schoolin' for that.
Wait - there's schooling available for that? [/b][/quote]
Yeah really, where can I send my resume to fill in this position for which I am highly qualified.
Old 9/15/04, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Dr Iven@September 15, 2004, 1:31 AM
I think a lot, too...

Like... what would my dream job be? Oh, I know... Manager of a chocolate factory run by extremely hot brunettes.

OH YEAH! B)
Old 9/15/04, 03:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Mustang has soul. It is not really a car, it is a member of the family. A friend, something you name and talk to, something that makes you feel better. When it breaks down, you don't curse it like the Chevy or the Pontiac, you worry about it. I haven't given a second look at Mustangs since I sold my '66 vert in 1984. I can't afford a classic, and never appreciated the newer ones. The '05 brings me back after 20 years of doing without (hence my login).
I never realized something was missing until I found this site. (Thanks Brad! ) I actually bought an '04 V6 for my daughter last month (screaming yellow) and drove it for her from St. Louis to Phoenix where she is starting college. Other Mustangs would flash their lights at me on the highway, and I would slow down, expecting a cop up ahead. After a few times, I realized that these Mustangs were just saying Hi to a kindred spirit. By us all having Mustangs, it almost makes us "family". Can you think of any other car that does this? B)
Old 9/15/04, 11:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by backafter20@September 15, 2004, 3:06 PM
I never realized something was missing until I found this site. (Thanks Brad! ) I actually bought an '04 V6 for my daughter last month (screaming yellow) and drove it for her from St. Louis to Phoenix where she is starting college. Other Mustangs would flash their lights at me on the highway, and I would slow down, expecting a cop up ahead. After a few times, I realized that these Mustangs were just saying Hi to a kindred spirit. By us all having Mustangs, it almost makes us "family". Can you think of any other car that does this? B)
Amen BackAfter20, Amen!!! Like I said in my post, only Jeep drivers are close to sharing the kind of kindred spirit and freedom of Mustang Drivers. Ever hear of the "Jeep Wave" and the huge numbers of people from around the country who show up for Camp Jeeps and Jeep Jamborees???

Welcome to "da family" B)
Old 10/10/04, 06:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Kind of hard to find people here that have owned only one! This will be my first new car ever.