19.70%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Bullcrap ticket

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/06, 07:48 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't even see a fricking radar gun. I saw a black box that said 72 in green letters on it mounted on the dash of his car.
Old 7/7/06, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
I didn't even see a fricking radar gun. I saw a black box that said 72 in green letters on it mounted on the dash of his car.
The patrol car probably had two radar units installed in the car, one on the dash and the second on the shelf above the back seat by the back window.
I've seen that setup in traffic units before (CHP, Sheriff and PD).

BTW- I went back to the site I mentioned where I posted your message about the ticket and one or the mods locked the thread and basically said you were looking for sympathy which of course was wrong as you wanted advice. I doubt the guy even read the part about how fast you were driving, he saw IMHO cited for 75 in a 55 and that was it.

I also got a PM from him about locking the thread.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother to post on that site as some of the mods are 'delete post/warn happy'
Old 7/7/06, 02:48 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Would it matter that he was NOT stopped running radar at the time? That I could have even seen him making a mistake. He was travelling in the opposite direction as me- I don't know how fast, but I am guessing at least the speed limit.. I was going uphill as was he in opposite directions. I never even saw him until he passed us and turned around on a side road and I looked at my husband and said "look, there goes someone's day- HA Ha(as we always do when we aren't the ones speeding and the blue and reds go off). Good thing I wasn't speeding" joke was on me right?

Oh well, my hubby gave me the money to pay it, and I am going to change insurance companies IMMEDIATELY(nationwide is already raping me with NO tickets). In the past it will go. I gotta get rid of this miagraine it has caused me. feels like this:
And I would like to enjoy life again.
Old 7/7/06, 03:45 PM
GT Member

How in the world would a dash mounted radar be able to specifically pick out one particular car that was in the pack of cars (since the cop couldn't physically AIM it at you with his hand)???

Good luck EleanorsMine! I dread the day that something like this happens to me. I have a sonic blue GT with zero tickets so far. My 90 LX 5.0 was red and it was a total Highway Patrol target vehicle.

I do think that you got "profiled". And then the guy was more of a jerk cuz you were female....probably figured you wouldn't pick up on any of the "facts" that you did.

If you go to traffic court try to maintain your composure at all costs. You'll be more credible that way.

I got a ticket a million years ago for "impersonating an emergency vehicle with the use of flashing lights". The cop wrote the wrong vehicle code on my ticket that was supposed to have been a fix it ticket for an illuminated license plate frame I had back in 1987. I think the guy kind of did it on purpose and figured the dumb chick would just pay it. He and his partner were really intimidating to me and my female passenger at the time. All for a stupid license plate frame. Luckily for me I did my research before I went to traffic court. As the judge was dismissing the ticket he told the cop to never bring such garbage into his court again. Chastized him right there.
Old 7/7/06, 03:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Would it matter that he was NOT stopped running radar at the time? That I could have even seen him making a mistake. He was travelling in the opposite direction as me- I don't know how fast, but I am guessing at least the speed limit.. I was going uphill as was he in opposite directions. I never even saw him until he passed us and turned around on a side road and I looked at my husband and said "look, there goes someone's day- HA Ha(as we always do when we aren't the ones speeding and the blue and reds go off). Good thing I wasn't speeding" joke was on me right?

Oh well, my hubby gave me the money to pay it, and I am going to change insurance companies IMMEDIATELY(nationwide is already raping me with NO tickets). In the past it will go. I gotta get rid of this miagraine it has caused me. feels like this:
And I would like to enjoy life again.
Whether the officer made a mistake or not by stopping and citing you, an innocent driver, doesn't matter at this point-
The question is can you fight the ticket and win-
Once you're in court it's you're word against the officer.
The officer will tell his side of the story 'running radar I clocked a car driving 72 mph, turned around and stopped the car'.
You-'I was driving at the speed limit (don't say I was driving 59 in a 55 as you already admitted you were speeding) with my cruise control set.

The judge has probably heard that story many times in the past FROM DRIVERS GUILTY OF SPEEDING so he would probably side with the officer.

You have until early September to either pay or fight so take some time and do an internet search on fighting traffic tickets and see what happens.

If you choose to pay the fine please request traffic school if available in your area as that will keep the points off your record and prevent your insurance from going up.
Also, shop around for better insurance rates, I did that and the qoutes I got ranged from just over $600 for six months to well over $1200 for six months.
I have Mercury Insurance and they saved me alot of money-
99 V-6 Mustang my old insurance carrier was going to charge me $1800 a year, called Mercury and they quoted me around $600 every six months on an 03 Mustang GT ($1200 a year for a GT w/ better coverage compared to $1800 w/ minimum coverage)
Then when I got my 05 Mustang GT the rates dropped about $20 every six months, so better rates are out there.
Old 7/7/06, 04:26 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Well then, the easiest way to put it I guess is this:

Breakin' rocks in the ... hot sun
I Fought the Law and the ... law won
I needed money, 'cause I ... had none

Screw it. I'm gonna go out and seek amusement to get my mind off this crapfest.
Old 7/7/06, 04:39 PM
Cobra Member

59 is still speeding

Have a little more respect for officers and maybe you wont get in much trouble.

I've been pulled over about 7-9 times and have only gotten a tickit once. And I have an extreme amount of respect to police officers. Yes there are some bad ones that abuse their job, but there still are good ones out there.
Old 7/7/06, 04:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
59 is still speeding

Hey Mustangfreak, that was mean.
Old 7/7/06, 04:47 PM
Cobra Member

Truth hurts sometimes.
Old 7/7/06, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well then, the easiest way to put it I guess is this:

Breakin' rocks in the ... hot sun
I needed money, 'cause I ... had none

Screw it. I'm gonna go out and seek amusement to get my mind off this crapfest.
If you don't want advice that might help you fight the case and win, or ways to save money if you chose to pay the fine instead why did you create this thread in the first place?
Old 7/7/06, 05:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mike McRann
If you don't want advice that might help you fight the case and win, or ways to save money if you chose to pay the fine instead why did you create this thread in the first place?
because she is GUILTY and this is one of those meaningless threads that will go on forever just because we all have nothing better to do...like i said before, if she had a green car this would not have happened...lol

Last edited by vicmeldrew; 3/7/08 at 01:33 PM.
Old 7/7/06, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by vicmeldrew
because she is GUILTY and this is one of those meaningless threads that will go on forever just because we all have nothing better to do...like i said before, if she had a green car this would not have happened...lol
We ALL know that the Mustang (no matter what the color) looks like it's going fast even when at or below the speed limit.
Remember the threads where people talk about soccer moms and elderly neighbors step out into the street and yell at the Mustang driver 'slow down this isn't a race track' and the driver was only going at or below the speed limit.

Maybe we need to have LEOs go back to school to learn how to estimate the speed a Mustang is going since they look like they're going fast when at the speed limit <<sarcastic comment>>
Old 7/7/06, 07:19 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by Mike McRann
Just tryin to get rid of my headache....with a little humor , I have been in a funk for a week which is a TOTAL bad record for me.

You tell me what to do to make this GIT, and I will do it. PM if you choose.
Old 7/7/06, 07:20 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

59 is still speeding

I've been pulled over about 7-9 times and have only gotten a tickit once. And I have an extreme amount of respect to police officers. Yes there are some bad ones that abuse their job, but there still are good ones out there.
Gawd, not like I said any of what I was thinking at the time to his face. Jeez. I'm not stupid.
Old 7/7/06, 07:22 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by vicmeldrew
Pea green. Its a total granny color -and my husband told me I would walk before he bought me a green car- SO I bought the first yellow I saw, My money, my car .Maybe if you drove a yellow mustang like you wanted to, you wouldn't have your panties in such a wad. JMO..
Old 7/7/06, 07:51 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
59 is still speeding

Old 7/7/06, 07:57 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Pea green. Its a total granny color -and my husband told me I would walk before he bought me a green car- SO I bought the first yellow I saw, My money, my car .Maybe if you drove a yellow mustang like you wanted to, you wouldn't have your panties in such a wad. JMO..
Go get 'em April.
Old 7/7/06, 08:30 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Go get 'em April.
What would Jack Bauer do
Old 7/8/06, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

What would Jack Bauer do
Not A valid question. Radar would be too afraid of Jack get an accurate reading,
Old 7/8/06, 12:06 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Thank you all and Thank you especial for your help-Mike Mcrann.
With this said, I am done obsessing with this mess. Off to happy things again- like swimming and shopping and such. Tired of being in a bad mood .
This was my first ticket ever, and it will BE my last. Before this my most special weapon against speeding was driving a high profile car. After, it has turned me into my Grandmother.
I will see him in September at court.

Quick Reply: Bullcrap ticket