No- The Cop is always right
19.70%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Bullcrap ticket

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/06, 11:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but its not the fact that she was 59 in a 55 zone, I heard that you can be at least 5 mph over limit and not get a ticket, its the fact that she was going 59 and the cop wrote 75.
Old 7/4/06, 12:02 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
What can I do?

Slow... d o w n n n n ???

Old 7/4/06, 12:03 PM

April,
Yes, the lawyer will likely cost at least twice what the ticket costs. BUT, as you know, the ins. premiums are what is going to bite you. I always thought that if I was ever in a similar situation I wouldn't hesitate to hire a lawyer--you have got to stand up for what is RIGHT. Plus, it will be very sweet to see Barney Fife get his just comeuppance when the ticket is dismissed. Your otherwise clean record should go a long way to getting this taken care of. My $.02 is DO NOT simply pay the citation. Ask around--find the lawyer in town who is well known, respected. Try to retain him/her or an associate in that firm. There is some likelihood that the ticket may get tossed just b/c you show up with counsel. GUILTY folks don't typically go to that trouble, IMO.

Good luck to you from a fellow southern Mustang afficionado!

Steven

Edit: For what it is worth, over here in Georgia, only a State Trooper can write you for anything under 11 over, unless it in a school or work zone, and there are also rules about tickets on descending grades, but I can't remember the exact verbiage.
Old 7/4/06, 12:15 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
but its not the fact that she was 59 in a 55 zone, I heard that you can be at least 5 mph over limit and not get a ticket, its the fact that she was going 59 and the cop wrote 75.

is it a fact or just April's opinion that she was going 59 - who knows, i am not calling her a liar but she wont win
Old 7/4/06, 12:52 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Its a fricking fact thank you very much. I don't appreciate being called a liar- I have no reason to lie, ask around I have been around here long enough to be vouched for. Had I been speeding, I would write a check.

It was a fact Saturday and it was a fact at midnight last night when I did a recreate.

I have been driving since I Was 15- I am 33 now. I have never had a ticket because I as a rule do not go hotrodding around, yes I have been pulled over for stupid stuff but No I have never had so much as a blemish on my driving record. I have had my mustang since December 20, 2004 and I have treated her like a baby since I got her.

So the thing is- I got a ticket for someone elses speed just because the cop surveyed the likely suspects in the little cluster of traffic(he was not sitting in a cop hole running radar, he was driving up the road). I don't want to have to wind up paying for someone elses mistake and getting screwed on my insurance. I quite like having no deductibles and high coverage. That is the root of what I am totally ticked at.
Old 7/4/06, 12:59 PM
GT Member

[quote=EleanorsMine]Its a fricking fact thank you very much. I don't appreciate being called a liar- I have no reason to lie, ask around I have been around here long enough to be vouched for. Had I been speeding, I would write a check.

read the post - i did not call you a liar - you are very emotional and obviously obsessed with this - deal with it and find something constructive to do]
Old 7/4/06, 01:02 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Hmm Obsessed. Sure.

Wouldn't you be if you got accused of something you didn't do? Wouldn't you be if you had to pay for someone elses mistake? Wouldn't you be if it were your insurance premiums that were about to jump up? Wouldn't you be if money was being taken out of your wallet for something you shouldn't have to pay for? Thought so.
Old 7/4/06, 01:02 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

Slow... d o w n n n n ???

GEORGE!

Old 7/4/06, 01:10 PM

O U C H ! ! !

Old 7/4/06, 01:17 PM
GT Member

O U C H ! ! !

this is one of your previous posts:

Three years ago I was booking it at a steady 85 in a 55. The state cop got me. I admitted speeding. He gave me a warning.told me to slow down and have a nice day.

I have been pulled over MANY MANY times, and never gotten more than a warning. And all those times I fully deserved a ticket.

like i said before, better hope the judge is not reading this forum; you have admitted to being a habitual law breaker many, many times in your own words, lol

maybe this is what Earl meant with Karma; got away all those other times, now life has caught up with ya
Old 7/4/06, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by vicmeldrew

Three years ago I was booking it at a steady 85 in a 55. The state cop got me. I admitted speeding. He gave me a warning.told me to slow down and have a nice day.

I have been pulled over MANY MANY times, and never gotten more than a warning. And all those times I fully deserved a ticket.

like i said before, better hope the judge is not reading this forum; you have admitted to being a habitual law breaker many, many times in your own words, lol

... Me?

I don't think so. I've never have gotten a break.
I've outrun them and gotten away with it but that's beside the point.
Every time they've caught up I've gotten nailed and deservingly so.

Old 7/4/06, 01:29 PM
GT Member

... Me?

no, april
Old 7/4/06, 01:32 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by vicmeldrew

Allrighty- Those times I fully deserved a ticket and would have happily paid had the cop chose to write one, why wouldn't I admit it? I have nothing to hide. I admitted it then that, the cop knows it, I didn't lie then, and didn't this time- no reason to lie, when you lie it becomes too much trouble to keep the untruths straight, so why bother.
The standing record of warnings I have received as well as number of times I have been pulled over are as follows:
1 Running a red light- my camaro slid under a redlight in rain-that was sometime in 1990 around 10PM- I didn't get anything, I was 17 and the cop let me go home because I was scared witless- Hoover Alabama in front of the Riverchase Galleria- to be specific Highway 31 at Highway 150.
1 speeding- got a warning to slow down -that was october of 2003- I was going 85 in a 55i in Marion Alabama and admitted it to the cop. I was driving my previous car- a 1999 alero Highway 183 South just before the Fish Hatchery Road Around 3:15 in the afternoon, Same day, same time my husband got a 55 in a 35 in Montevallo Al at one of their notorious speedtraps.
1 dead taillight- got a warning and proof to replace from the Bibb County Alabama Sheriff's deputy. Score another for the alero. Highway 5 and 80.I had to send proof I had it fixed. April 2004 around 8 in the evening.

The one Time I get pulled over and am not doing anything wrong is the one time I get a ticket. Thats a load of bullcrap. Highway 70 South and The County Dump- Columbiana Alabama- 7/01/06 2:33 Pm to be specific.

So there you have it.
Old 7/4/06, 01:33 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

... Me?

Aww you and your stable of ponies all suck George . The deputies down there are either scared of you or your best friends.
Old 7/4/06, 01:41 PM
GT Member

Allrighty- Those times I fully deserved a ticket and would have happily paid had the cop chose to write one, why wouldn't I admit it? I have nothing to hide. I admitted it then that, the cop knows it, I didn't lie then, and didn't this time- no reason to lie, when you lie it becomes too much trouble to keep the untruths straight, so why bother.
The standing record of warnings I have received as well as number of times I have been pulled over are as follows:
1 Running a red light- my camaro slid under a redlight in rain-that was sometime in 1990 around 10PM- I didn't get anything, I was 17 and the cop let me go home because I was scared witless- Hoover Alabama in front of the Riverchase Galleria- to be specific Highway 31 at Highway 150.
1 speeding- got a warning to slow down -that was october of 2003- I was going 85 in a 55i in Marion Alabama and admitted it to the cop. I was driving my previous car- a 1999 alero Highway 183 South just before the Fish Hatchery Road Around 3:15 in the afternoon, Same day, same time my husband got a 55 in a 35 in Montevallo Al at one of their notorious speedtraps.
1 dead taillight- got a warning and proof to replace from the Bibb County Alabama Sheriff's deputy. Score another for the alero. Highway 5 and 80.I had to send proof I had it fixed. April 2004 around 8 in the evening.

The one Time I get pulled over and am not doing anything wrong is the one time I get a ticket. Thats a load of bullcrap. Highway 70 South and The County Dump- Columbiana Alabama- 7/01/06 2:33 Pm to be specific.

So there you have it.
Lets see, all of the above plus theses quotes by you:

appears to me you are a habitual offender and got away with it and now maybe you didnt speed and got nailed...like i said it is Karma; now it is gonna get you, you got away when you did do it and now you didnt do it and you are gonna get nailed;;; everything evens out in life so dont be mad - accept it - you CANNOT have it both ways

and also, get a green mustang and blend in LOL

Last edited by vicmeldrew; 3/7/08 at 01:33 PM.
Old 7/4/06, 07:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
April I have been holding back on this little story, but you seem so distressed I will share it.
A number of years ago,(okay it was 20 years ago but I wasn't much younger than you are) I was driving my friend home. He told me to take the next exit off the highway. I said no, that goes north we are going south. Well during this discussion I pulled off to the side of the road. He finally understood and I turned on my signal and carefully looked for an opening to get back on the road. I soon found one and proceeded to take the next exit south.
As I headed down the exit ramp I saw a state troper behind my BRAND NEW 4RUNNER. I of course tried to get out of his way as soon as I got off the exit ramp. He pulled up right behind me , so I stopped again on the side of the road. When he came and talked with me he asked, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I said no. He said, "You were driving on the median strip." I said "What? You mean that back there I was just pulled over to check the map and..."
"See you know", he said.
He wrote me a ticket for crossing the median which he could not have seen me do because I didn't. He said, "You guys in your fancy 4X4s think you can drive where ever you want".
I went back to the scene of the crime in my other car the next day and saw the area in between the exit and the highway was torn up with 4X4 TRACKS!
MISTAKEN IDENTITY.
I paid the ticket to save the hassle. Karman Karma, I haven't had one since.

P.S.-- The state trooper. I know him. He was in high school with me and is a distiguished and proud officer. He was obviously just waiting to catch one of those ba$%rds tearing up off road.
Old 7/5/06, 07:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Now what I need to know:
Is hiring a lawyer to fight this BS ticket going to cost me more just to prove me right than paying $134 for something I didnt do?
If the lawyer is no good, it'll cost you less than that... but then you'll probably have to pay the ticket and his fee.
Old 7/5/06, 07:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dustin, bring your old avitar back. That was my fave!! It was really easy to pick you out of the masses.
Old 7/5/06, 10:49 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I got a ticket last year for 80 in a 65. I paid a lawyer $125 and the fine of $125 (total of $250). The lawyer got the ticket changed to a improper equipment charge. It did not affect my insurance, which was worth it in the long run for me.
Old 7/5/06, 11:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
i hate that when cops are prejudiced. Last year I got a ticket (mentioned once a while ago on a rant) for having an "illegal muffler" on my honda. It was a cop just out lookin for something. he saw me. asian, in a riced out honda, and pulled me over. I wasnt flooring it or anything, coasting actually. stupid.

Quick Reply: Bullcrap ticket