Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Bullcrap ticket

Search this Thread

Old 7/3/06, 07:01 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea- Hes all Adamant.
IT WAS YOU I KNOW IT WAS YOU I CLOCKED YOU. I even tried to explain to him that I had my cruise set to nowhere near what he says he caught me doing.
I SAW YOUR BRAKELIGHTS GO ON WHEN YOU SAW ME(how the hell did he see my brakelights that I did not put on when he was going in the opposite direction?) I Hit Decel on the cruise, Hell my foot wasn't even on the gas when this all began because I had on the cruise.

So Yes, I am going to have to wind up saving 134 dollars, and pay the fine for something I did not do. Just because the Cop thinks he has to be correct.

And it was a county cop. In an INCORPORATED area. On His way back to the bacon roost. Grr.

So the end result, I have been crying most of the weekend, I have a killer headache and I can't do a crapping thing about it.

Right now my mustang insurance without deductibles is $688 every six months. Imagine what its about to go up to at renewal time come November? I am going to have to get frigging deductibles now.
Old 7/3/06, 07:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

you alright
Old 7/3/06, 07:25 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
you alright
In a word- No.

Let me tell you a story about all the times I legitimately deserved a ticket and got warnings:
The highlights:
When I was 16- I slid under a redlight in the rain- The cop let me go. Said he left his ticket book at the station.
Three years ago I was booking it at a steady 85 in a 55. The state cop got me. I admitted speeding. He gave me a warning.told me to slow down and have a nice day.
I have been pulled over MANY MANY times, and never gotten more than a warning. And all those times I fully deserved a ticket.

So its an especial sore point That the ONE time I was not doing anything I get nailed for it.
Old 7/3/06, 07:32 AM
Cam Tease

Tell yourself this one is to make up for the times you got off.
Old 7/3/06, 07:41 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by AnotherMustangMan
Tell yourself this one is to make up for the times you got off.
Now you sound like my husband.
Old 7/3/06, 07:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Seriously, even if you heve pay the fine, you will know that you shouldn't go on the edge of the speed limit. Hope you learned from this young lady.
Old 7/3/06, 08:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JimmyT
The price you pay for owning a yellow stang. No matter how unfair.
No, that's not the price you pay for owning a yellow stang. I've owned one now for a year and 3 months and have not been pulled over yet. And I typically do the exact same thing that April did - set the cruise control for 70 where the limit is 65, or 60 when the limit is 55, stay in the right lane, and get passed by pretty much every other driver on the highway - including cops.

What happened here sounds like a cop with an agenda, or a case of mistaken identity. In either case it's not right, and April needs to fight it.

But to imply that anyone with a yellow mustang is going to get ticketed unfairly is not the case.
Old 7/3/06, 08:58 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've got a Torch Red Mustang. Good thing he didn't get me or the gun prolly would've read 82. Afterall, we all know that Red is the fastest color.
Old 7/3/06, 08:59 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1

Seriously, even if you heve pay the fine, you will know that you shouldn't go on the edge of the speed limit. Hope you learned from this young lady.
Seriously?
Old 7/3/06, 09:11 AM

fastest color

I think the fastest color would be Sonic Blue... after all a cop wrote me up for 105 in a 45 when i was only doing 60.

-and yes I did fight it in court and won.
Old 7/3/06, 09:13 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

What would Chuck Norris do?

Now I think- If I am going to be accused of the crime, why not just go ahead and do the crime? I always set it for five over- ten on the interstate. AND I still get passed left and right by the real speeders.
Why? Is the assumption that driving a yellow car means you MUST speed all over the place? What? Should I have gotten a gentle WB Or Legend Lime Mustang just so I wouldn't be noticed? Thats a load of horsecrap.

So in any case- I am pretty much screwed.
Old 7/3/06, 11:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

OK, April -- don't fret over this. Here's what you do:

1.) Contact a lawyer, give him/her your story, ask them what to say in court, then pay them a consulting fee.
2.) Have your passengers come to your court date. If that's not possible, have them write their version of the story down, then get them signed and notarized. Have them include ALL DETAILS, especially the 72 vs. 75 issue.
3.) Someone suggested getting the radar log showing the speed at which the cop clocked you. That's a good idea, since legally they can't write you a ticket unless they show that to you.

I've fought a ticket and won (running a red light). Stick with the script and if the judge asks you what they should do, tell them they should drop the ticket. Be bold and assertive and you'll win, I'm sure. (No, I'm not a lawyer, but I work with a lot of them!)
Old 7/3/06, 12:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ford3242
I think the fastest color would be Sonic Blue... after all a cop wrote me up for 105 in a 45 when i was only doing 60.

-and yes I did fight it in court and won.
You don't just post something like that without details. Just how did THIS happen?
Old 7/3/06, 12:38 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by pitpup
You don't just post something like that without details. Just how did THIS happen?
Yea It would be nice to hear about how I am not the only person getting screwed.

BTW- my passengers were my Husband who was simply delighted that after 18 years of driving I finally got a ticket(even though he concedes I wasn't going 75) and who says "its only a freaking ticket, get over it. My 13 year old daughter and 10 year old son- both of whom were deep into Nintendo DS playing at the time.
Old 7/3/06, 05:09 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My husband took the mustang out today. I haven't driven her since the incident.He drove her 150 miles and said he had time to think about why I got screwed over:

Here is what he says likely happened:
As I went downhill, the car accelerated. I noticed the cop when I was going back UP hill. When I looked at my speedometer in a reflexive Oh Hell a cop move it was back down to cruise speed.
If this happened, I can live with it. I had no reason to monitor the thing because I had it set.

Still makes me want to spit nails- I have had a miagraine since Saturday because of it.
Old 7/3/06, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Normally when I have my cruise set and go down hill, the engine keeps me from going 5 MPH or so over my cruise limit. I find it highly unlikely you were going THAT much over, unless your cruise is faulty.

In both my 1997 Sable and my 2002 Mustang, the cruise always kept me from going too fast going down hill. Even down a mountain on the interstate, I could keep the cruise on without much worry. Granted, 99% of the time I disengaged cruise for mountain driving.... but still. Fight it.
Old 7/3/06, 11:07 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I have just returned from the scene of the crime. I reset the cruise for 59, did exactly as before- the needle NEVER moved past 59-didn't even quiver. No downhills for me to accelerate on- just an uphill climb into a curve.
I slowed to 50 at the spot he pulled me over- needle never moved from 50.Slowed to 25 when I pulled into my development, The your speed said- YOUR SPEED 25.
So now I know without a shadow of a doubt- He nailed me for something Someone else did.
Old 7/4/06, 10:19 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Now what I need to know:
Is hiring a lawyer to fight this BS ticket going to cost me more just to prove me right than paying $134 for something I didnt do?
Old 7/4/06, 11:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

of course

I can be your lawyer for free
Old 7/4/06, 11:53 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
Now what I need to know:
Is hiring a lawyer to fight this BS ticket going to cost me more just to prove me right than paying $134 for something I didnt do?

from everything i have read that you said throughout your posts you might just as well plead guilty - especially if the judge reads this forum and your real name is April - LOL

Last edited by vicmeldrew; 3/7/08 at 01:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Bullcrap ticket