Bullcrap ticket

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/06, 01:47 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bullcrap ticket

Scenario:
I was on a road where the speed limit was 55- I am by far not the only preson around, but am the only one around with a yellow mustang. I had cruise set for 59. County cop going north and I am going south.
Guess who gets busted? I do not ever speed in my car. Its freaking yellow and I am not stupid.
The thing that gets me is
A) I had my cruise set. He popped me for 75 in a 55 and My freaking cruise was set on 59 and didn't move up or down-ever, I had been cruising at 59 for like 20 miles beforehand.
b) HE clocked me for 72. Which I also wasn't doing. But that bacon eating ******* wrote the ticket for 75 even though his bs radar said clearly 72.Which still was NOT me because I had my freaking cruise control on.

And DOUBLE BS! $134 for something I didn't freaking frigging do! Why couldn't it have been something I am freaking guilty of?

The thing I am pissed off about is I am the one who got pulled over out of all the freaking cars- and I DRIVE A FREAKING YELLOW MUSTANG I am not near dumb enough to speed in just for this reason.

What can I do? My court date is 9/7. I even made it into the sheriffs office log. Why should I have to pay for something I DID NOT FREAKING DO???
http://traffic.alacourt.gov/trafficf...?county=Shelby
C20060461042:33 PMSTOPPING A VEHICLE70 HWY, COUNTY97 HWY
Old 7/1/06, 02:03 PM
GT Member

bad luck dude need to fight it but you did make a contradictory statement:

I do not ever speed in my car
I was on a road where the speed limit was 55- I had cruise set for 59.
Old 7/1/06, 02:21 PM
Cobra Member

Fight it April...Ask to see the calibration certificate for the radar gun. People hardly ever fight ticket's, they just pay them because it's easy. You can fight and you can win, you just have to know how to go about it...Good luck...
Old 7/1/06, 03:50 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by vicmeldrew
bad luck dude need to fight it but you did make a contradictory statement:

I do not ever speed in my car
I was on a road where the speed limit was 55- I had cruise set for 59.
Under 5 isn't speeding- people don't get tickets in Alabama for under 5 over. Its a frick of a LOT less than people around here do. And its 20 less than I got nailed for.

This is such bull snot. Which car is porky the pig going to pull over in the line- I know- the YELLOW MUSTANG

Come on- How can my cruise be off by 15 miles per hour when I fricking know what I had it set on??? Yellow car- just outside of the freaking sheriffs office? Come on!

The thing I am most burned about is some A-hole got off free and I got nailed for THEIR speeding!
Old 7/1/06, 04:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
Under 5 isn't speeding- people don't get tickets in Alabama for under 5 over. Its a frick of a LOT less than people around here do. And its 20 less than I got nailed for.

This is such bull snot. Which car is porky the pig going to pull over in the line- I know- the YELLOW MUSTANG

Come on- How can my cruise be off by 15 miles per hour when I fricking know what I had it set on??? Yellow car- just outside of the freaking sheriffs office? Come on!

The thing I am most burned about is some A-hole got off free and I got nailed for THEIR speeding!
shoulda got a legend lime and blended in LOL
Old 7/1/06, 05:10 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by vicmeldrew
shoulda got a legend lime and blended in LOL
Least some donut eating ahole wouldn't have popped me because he just assumed the yellow one would be the one speeding.(No offense to the police here who I have no beef with).
That's the nicest thing I have called that big buckin ***** all day.
Old 7/1/06, 05:16 PM
Cobra Member

Wow! If you really did have the cruise set on 59 then you were probably going 55 or 56. Speedos are typically about 3 or 4 mph over actual speed. It sounds like you got hosed, was someone around you traveling a lot faster? I'm wondering if the cop genuinely got you confused with someone else. If his gun said 72 then he clocked someone or something at that speed. You can try fighting it, but unfortunately it's your word against the cop's. One thing you might do is get your speedo checked out for calibration and bring that certification with you to court, at least it will show you are serious enough about your story that you bothered to get the speedo checked out. Good luck!
Old 7/1/06, 05:27 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I plan to do just that on Monday. Because I know what I had the CC set on. The second thing is after the jerk took me back to his car to show me the peg he got(72) he wrote the ticket for 75 in a 55. So I got screwed twice.

Yes, of course- I was in a crowd of freaking cars- in front of me, behind me and going in the opposite direction. Course I had the only yellow one. It has me freaking livid- Why couldn't I have gotten pegged for something legitimate like cruising 90 on I-65? That I could swallow.
Old 7/1/06, 06:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
You too haw, I though I'll honestly be putting the fear of gawd into badge # 298 .
Old 7/1/06, 07:31 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
most cops don't show up to court for speeding tickets.Go and plead your case.If he doesn't show,you automatically get ticket dropped.At least here in FL
Old 7/1/06, 08:09 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Wow! If you really did have the cruise set on 59 then you were probably going 55 or 56. Speedos are typically about 3 or 4 mph over actual speed. It sounds like you got hosed, was someone around you traveling a lot faster? I'm wondering if the cop genuinely got you confused with someone else. If his gun said 72 then he clocked someone or something at that speed. You can try fighting it, but unfortunately it's your word against the cop's. One thing you might do is get your speedo checked out for calibration and bring that certification with you to court, at least it will show you are serious enough about your story that you bothered to get the speedo checked out. Good luck!
I checked my speedo against my GPS and it seems to read 2 MPH high.
Here's where a lawyer would have the cop squirming in his seat...
If the cop says he clocked you at 72 then wrote you up for 75 he made a false statement on a legal document. If you take it to court, a good lawyer will tell the prosecutor ahead of time that he will make issue of this and the gun calibration.
If you have no tickets they probably will not chose to deal with this in court.
Still a hassle, good luck.
Old 7/1/06, 08:15 PM
GT Member

One mile, or twenty miles, speeding is speeding. Regardless you were still wrong, but this could easily be fought.

And please don't lump all of AL in your statements, plenty of people in AL get tickets for anything over the speed limit.
Old 7/1/06, 08:32 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by karman
I checked my speedo against my GPS and it seems to read 2 MPH high.
Here's where a lawyer would have the cop squirming in his seat...
If the cop says he clocked you at 72 then wrote you up for 75 he made a false statement on a legal document. If you take it to court, a good lawyer will tell the prosecutor ahead of time that he will make issue of this and the gun calibration.
If you have no tickets they probably will not chose to deal with this in court.
Still a hassle, good luck.
Not only did that donut eating jerk tell all 4 of us in the car- clocked you at 72-(still bs I was going 59) he showed me the reading when he took me back to his donutmobile. Then he had the ***** to write it for 75. I hope he chokes on a donut tomorrow.
I am having my Dad ask around with his friends to turn this bs into a bad memory. while he is doing that I am taking Eleanor to Ford to have them vouch my Cruise was working properly- and if it wasn't and I was mysteriously 20 miles off what with my stock mustang then write it down- enough of this crap- I didn't do the crime, I don't feel like I should do the time.

And yes, I believe if you get caught speeding- you should get a ticket. I don't believe you should get a ticket because the idiot county cop thinks you are the most likely suspect out of the pack just because your car looks like it would have been the one speeding. Thats fricking ridiculous.
Old 7/1/06, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine

Uh I used to get tickets in Alabama for 3 over. Of course the cops hated me for calling one of them an undereducated redneck I used to get pulled over just because the cops wanted to know what I was doing and since my car was registered out of state they always were waiting to give me some BS ticket. Those cops in those small towns live off tickets and are just waiting to get you. Man I hated living down there. I know its your home and all but that wasnt for me. You should still try to fight the ticket and also make sure the officer's radar certification is current. I got off on a ticket that way while down there.
Old 7/1/06, 08:47 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Gawd- I am like a hair away from getting fed up and going to Long Island over this. Its unfair- It was car stereotyping plain and simple.

And the fricking COUNTY who is definitely NOT hurting for money pulled me over.

Now enough of that- what do I need to do to prove my innocence? My 3 passengers know I wasn't speeding. Everyone who knows me calls me granny because I won't speed- what do I do?
Old 7/1/06, 09:37 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

April,
I hijacked Dale's laptop from him. I'm sorry that he picks on you at times. Its just his way of communicating with people. Ask his employees.
Mrs. TDS (Jill)
Thank god we are leaving Daytona in the morning, not my idea of a trip to the beach. So he said.
Old 7/1/06, 09:40 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Jezz, you can't even go to the bathroom without "someone" taking advantage of you around here. I guess I want ask a certain someone to go with me next time. OWWW, don't hit so hard dear, people are reading this.
TDS
Old 7/1/06, 09:55 PM
GT Member

You can fight this yourself, which I would not suggest, or you could pay the small fee (relatively) to get yourself a good traffic lawyer in your area.

I did just that last summer and it worked like a charm. I have several lawyer friends who suggested a guy to me, all he does is traffic court, and he was great...it was still a pain though, going to court and all.

I would just ask around, esp. if you are a member of your local mustang club, for some reason I have a feeling some fellow members have received tickets and fought them...

Good Luck w/everything...and yeah getting a ticket sucks, the only thing worse (except for like really bad things, etc) is losing your wallet, man that sucks!
Old 7/1/06, 10:08 PM
V6 Member

The price you pay for owning a yellow stang. No matter how unfair.

Forget that,...fight for your rights!
Old 7/1/06, 11:33 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Get'em good April!

Quick Reply: Bullcrap ticket