No- The Cop is always right
19.70%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Bullcrap ticket

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/06, 12:40 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to the dealer and have him download the info from the black box. You know,the one described in the owners manual that can be used in accident investigations,warranty issues and such. Also dont go to court and say what you said here about 59 in a 55 not 72,etc. You`ll only be admiting guilt to speeding before a judge,regardless of speed. Try a little more thinking and a little less name calling.

Just a little help from a doughnut eater.
Old 7/2/06, 08:12 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Not ALL Cops- Hey all my in laws are police(albeit retired from the job) and I love em. As well as the policemen on here who are always helpful. I don't mean to lump ALL police everywhere into this and my sincerest apologies if It appeared so.

Just sanctimonious ones who make assumptions just because it seems the "likely" suspect. The reason I am angry with him and him alone is:
a) I was going UPHILL.
b)I was not the only car on the road at that time.
c) I had my cruise control set because that road is VERY easy to slip into a high speed because its hilly. Its also dangerous, there is a wreck there at least once a week, and its littered with crosses.
d) I had my family with me, you think I wanna hurt my family? I drive like granny when I have my kids with me.
e) He said I hit my brakes when I saw him(hard to see anyway he was going in the opposite direction), which I did not until he flipped his lights, I put on my signal and pulled over. All I did was hit decel on the cruise until he flipped his lights, because I knew he had me for something I didn't know at the time.
f) He said his radar said 72 which I saw and he wrote the ticket for 75.

I wasn't some teenager out on a joyride.

The whole root of why I just don't wanna pay the ticket and get it over with is because he nailed me for something I was not doing.If I had been going that fast, fine, here is my cashiers check, have a good day. My cruise would have had to be WAY broke to peg 75- and it seems to be working because there is a big YOUR speed at the entry to my development and it always matches my speedometer(25).He just pulled over the car he thought might have been the likeliest to have been speeding- making the assumption that because I was in a mustang and mustang owners enjoy driving that it was the sole mustang.
Old 7/2/06, 10:14 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote]=EleanorsMine]Under 5 isn't speeding...[\quote]

are you even listening to yourself? Speeding is speeding. Anything over a posted speed limit is speeding, even if you are 1mph over, that is speeding. You should know by now that the mustangs have always been targets and more so now than ever. Not saying you did this but I know I got a ticket a few years back for speeding and I had the cruise on as well, but I still had sped up to pass someone. If you really don't think you were going as fast as he says you were then definately fight it, but don't go on saying you weren't speeding when you were
Old 7/2/06, 10:34 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
maybe we could consult Biblical texts on how to deal with false accusations...

Matthew 5:11

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
Old 7/2/06, 10:38 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

[quote=adrenalin]
=EleanorsMine]Under 5 isn't speeding...[\quote]

are you even listening to yourself? Speeding is speeding. Anything over a posted speed limit is speeding, even if you are 1mph over, that is speeding. You should know by now that the mustangs have always been targets and more so now than ever. Not saying you did this but I know I got a ticket a few years back for speeding and I had the cruise on as well, but I still had sped up to pass someone. If you really don't think you were going as fast as he says you were then definately fight it, but don't go on saying you weren't speeding when you were
I hear you- And I don't dispute you.
My point being that I DEFINITELY wasn't going 75. That is the root of what has me ticked off. I freely admit setting the cruise on 59 If he had popped me for 59, fine I was doing it I would pay happily(the fine is the same for 20 and under). But 75, two points and my already outrageous insurance going up again....That has me mad.
I am not mad I was going 59-and used the cruise to decelerate to 55,not the brake, I am mad he clocked someone at 72 and wrote me a ticket for 75. Thats asanine.
Old 7/2/06, 12:43 PM
Bullitt Member

[quote=adrenalin]
=EleanorsMine]Under 5 isn't speeding...[\quote]

Adrenalin,
You're right, speeding is speeding. But there is a huge difference between 59 in a 55 and 75 in a 55. Sounds like the cop was having a bad day, or maybe got some attitude thrown his way. I got pulled over in TX a few weeks ago doing 73 in a 70. The patrolman was respectful, and asked if I knew I was speeding. I said to him, "You're right. I was pushing it a little." He laughed and handed me back my liscense and told me to enjoy Texas and drive safely.
Old 7/2/06, 12:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Wow! If you really did have the cruise set on 59 then you were probably going 55 or 56. Speedos are typically about 3 or 4 mph over actual speed. It sounds like you got hosed, was someone around you traveling a lot faster? I'm wondering if the cop genuinely got you confused with someone else. If his gun said 72 then he clocked someone or something at that speed. You can try fighting it, but unfortunately it's your word against the cop's. One thing you might do is get your speedo checked out for calibration and bring that certification with you to court, at least it will show you are serious enough about your story that you bothered to get the speedo checked out. Good luck!
typically 3 or 4 mph over???? where are you getting this.

My grandfather was an engineer for Ford. He said ford had to test the speedometers and the most they could be off was 3%. Which wouldn't be 3mph until you were going 100mph+

If you are going by those "your speed is" things, then it is those that are low, not your speedometer that is high.

Radar guns are only accurate directly in front or behind the target... for every degree off to the side they register slow.

which is also why a cop can clock you at 72 and right the ticket for 75... unless he's right in front of you he knows you are actually going faster than his gun says.
Old 7/2/06, 03:24 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Jhaaa He got SOMEONE going 75. That someone wasn't me. That is the root of what i am pissed off at.
I even checked my speedo this morning on our friendly neighborhood your speed register. I was going 21 in a 25 and it said I was.
Old 7/2/06, 03:32 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Shes Innocent. Shawshank Redemption Innocent.
Attached Thumbnails Bullcrap ticket-house-garden-012.jpg  
Old 7/2/06, 05:46 PM
GT Member

this is either a con or she is guilty...pay the fine if there is one and get on with your life or get a green stang and blend in...lol
Old 7/2/06, 06:03 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by vicmeldrew
this is either a con or she is guilty...pay the fine if there is one and get on with your life or get a green stang and blend in...lol
Buck thirty four.
two points
For something I didn't even do!
I think it is total:
Attached Images  
Old 7/2/06, 06:40 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That sucks April. The Ohio Highway Patrol sucks and so does our local Jackson Twp Police Dept. (had to get that off my chest) Sorry you're getting screwed. 3-4mph isn't speeding, that's driving normal and preventing road rage from the person behind you.
Old 7/2/06, 08:11 PM
GT Member

It may suck, but you're still guilty of speeding. Granted, no by the amount claimed, but still guilty.

And I'm sorry, but your poll doesn't make any sense. At this point your only recourse is to take it up in court rather than here.
Old 7/2/06, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Seriously, I would take this to court. Paying the 134 is total BS but, the points are insurance killers. Every time I have went to court the judges were decent about knocking off the points. The judge is most likely going to believe the cop and judges LOVE radar. I was in court once and the judge was giving this guy a lecture about the wonders of radar using world war 2 examples. I was actually getting sick listening to this old wind bag go on and on about how perfect radar is. I am getting sick right now just thinking about it.
Old 7/2/06, 09:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

April, that stinks.

If you do decide to go and challenge it, usually cops won't show up, and if they don't show up, the case is dismissed so you win. But some cities pay cops time and a half for time spent in court, so he may actually love to come to court for the added pay... so don't assume he won't show up.

If you go to court, I would try not to mention that you were going 59 in a 55. That is speeding, and a judge may simply stop listening to you at that point. You admitted you were speeding, end of case.

If you get your spedometer and cruise control checked that is probably your best bet. But if the tests show that they were off, and you were speeding, again even by a small amount, maybe you shouldn't even bother going to court. Speeding is a strict liability crime, which means it doesn't matter if you did it purposely or accidentally. In fact, if you are racing to get somebody to a hospital before they die, you are still guilty, there is no valid excuse to such a law (most judges and cops are reasonable, but strictly speaking, there is no such thing as a valid excuse to a strict liability law).

If the fines are staggered for different speeds over the speed limit, then at least you can get the fine reduced even if you were speeding and the cruise and everything checks out.

But at the end of the day, if he shows up, its your word against his, and its an uphill fight; judges presume that cops are more likely to tell the truth than some person off the street.

Good luck.
Old 7/2/06, 09:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

oh boy. Someones in high water
Old 7/2/06, 09:30 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

You know I am going to wind up paying the stupid ticket barring a miracle.My speedometer is fine, I checked it against the stupid you are going X miles thing and will have my ford dealer double check it.

Its not even the ticket -if it was ME going 75, that would have been fine getting a ticket for being stupid. Its the fact I am paying $134 for someone elses screwup that lights my butt on fire. Why? because the "mustang" had to be the one speeding. Stupidity. OR if I would have gotten nailed for the 59 I was doing-just fine too.But I wasn't going 75 and I will be in a funk till my dying day because of that.
Old 7/2/06, 09:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Valium
Old 7/2/06, 09:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
Shes Innocent. Shawshank Redemption Innocent.
Hey I can't make out the lic # want I to fix it ?
Old 7/3/06, 12:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
You know I am going to wind up paying the stupid ticket barring a miracle.My speedometer is fine, I checked it against the stupid you are going X miles thing and will have my ford dealer double check it.

Its not even the ticket -if it was ME going 75, that would have been fine getting a ticket for being stupid. Its the fact I am paying $134 for someone elses screwup that lights my butt on fire. Why? because the "mustang" had to be the one speeding. Stupidity. OR if I would have gotten nailed for the 59 I was doing-just fine too.But I wasn't going 75 and I will be in a funk till my dying day because of that.

Your best bet in your situation would be to pay the fine and attend traffic school (if available).
That way the ticket won't show on your record=No Points=No increase in insurance costs.

If you fight the ticket it's going to be your work against the officer's, and guess who the judge is going to believe...I'm going to bet the officer.

You're going to say 'I wasn't the only car on the road' or 'why didn't you go after the cars that were speeding?' and his answer will be 'I can't stop everyone'.

You can say you wern't speeding, but the officer will say he clocked YOU on radar and the judge will believe him.

I got a ticket many years ago where the officer (that was parked on a cross street without a clear view IMO of the limit line and stop sign) pulled me over for 'going through a stop sign without coming to a complete stop'.

After getting the ticket I planned to fight the ticket, but then decided it would be cheaper in the long run to pay the fine, take traffic school and avoid the added insurance costs.

If I remember right the ticket was $108, and traffic school was around $30 or $40.
To fight the ticket I would have lost a day from work, and if I would have lost the case I would have to pay the fine plus a higher insurance bill for 4 years.

Quick Reply: Bullcrap ticket